Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I could be wrong. I was pretty upset about work when I watched it last night (on tape, after I came home from a meeting).

I would be fine with any one of Tony/Spencer/Tasha winning.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    If Tony, Spencer & Tasha make final 3 (& IMO that won't happen) & you were on the jury, who would you vote for the win? I'd have to give it to Tony even tho I admire both Spencer & Tasha...Spencer for smart moves & Tasha for her ability to concentrate & win immunity challenges.
    I'd vote Tony, too. He's been over-playing the entire season, which usually means that player is targeted and voted out. But still he remains. Spencer and Tasha have basically moved with the current...which was completely established by Tony.

Spencer would be a worthy runner-up and somebody I definitely want to see again in an All-Star season.

I love Tasha, to me her strong point is definitely winning challenges over being a great strategist or making moves that affected the game. Often it seems like Spencer is the one involved in keeping the two of them around, he approaches Tasha with the life-saving opportunity and she smile and says, "okay (whoo!)".

But with all this said, I wonder how much the cameramen (producers) are choosing to tell this story from the male point of view. I can't believe Tasha wasn't trying to make an all-female alliance happen. But we did not get to see a second of her attempting to do that...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I was wrong. He does say "black gets you the advantage" before they draw.

That makes me feel better. It just looked like blatant cheating before.

vCash
    I think Tasha would not propose an all female alliance, knowing that Trish would run to Tony.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    I think Tasha would not propose an all female alliance, knowing that Trish would run to Tony.
    Agree, but if Spencer had been voted out, that was her best bet and we clearly saw her hanging out in the water with the other girls. Looked to me like she is smartly keeping her options open by socializing with everyone.

vCash
    I thought it seemed pretty clear that Tasha was behind planting the seed of the all-female alliance in Tony's brain. And with what they were doing, she and Spencer had to run it the way they did - she hangs out with all the girls and gets them away from the guys while Spencer whispers in Tony's ear. If she's not out hanging out with the girls, there's no behavior to get Tony paranoid.

I wouldn't love a Tony win, because I think it's clear that he's susceptible to some of the same manipulation he's tried to play. But I wouldn't hate it either. I also admire him for being the one from his alliance to not eat and fight Spencer for the advantage, even though I wish that Spencer had won it. Too bad Tasha was holding out for what she thought would be a second "advantage" type prize. That has happened before so it's not like she was crazy to think that could happen. But it just goes to show that this really is a season of players who are fans of the game - 3 people out of 7 willing to not eat anything in the hopes of getting something to help them stay longer is pretty impressive. Plus you have Woo knowing that rewards normally have idol clues and following Spencer.

On jury chances - regardless of who has the best strategy story, I think that if Tasha gets in front of the jury, she wins. That jury loves her - she was waving and smiling with Sarah and Morgan, Jeremiah was in the alliance with her, and while she voted out Jefra, Jefra knows that she dug her own grave by not jumping alliances sooner and Tasha and Jefra seemed to be on friendly terms. Out of 5 jury members so far, the only one I wouldn't see voting for her is LJ. And if Spencer is on the jury, I think he would vote for her over anyone except possibly Tony. And maybe even over Tony. Now, I think it's unlikely Tasha gets in front of the jury unless her immunity streak continues, but I would be shocked if anyone would beat her.

vCash
    Yes, I believe Tasha is hanging out with the women to plant more paranoia in Tony's brain...without actually talking about a female alliance.

vCash
    I don't know that seriously trying for an all women alliance would be great for Tasha. A lot of times they are formed on the basis of getting out the strong, male challenge beasts. Probably not the most convincing argument for her.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    I don't know that seriously trying for an all women alliance would be great for Tasha. A lot of times they are formed on the basis of getting out the strong, male challenge beasts. Probably not the most convincing argument for her.
    Too true!

But at the same time, staying friendly with everyone is never a bad idea, just in case you need them later, and then there's jury votes. More than once has a juror has whined "you never tried to get to know meeeee." Plus, she could have been checking out how strong they were together, and if there were any signs of Kass/Trish/Jefra having a suballiance that she could exploit.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I don't think she would overtly propose it, but would do something more subtley to imply it would be a good idea. Like waiting for a moment of silence among the other three women in the water and then saying something like, "I really like being here with you ladies". That can be taken as a random comment but it could also be taken as a statement inferring that the four of them are a group and letting statements like that infer that that group of four could be many things, including a voting block as well as a final four. Of course, if they aired something like that, the viewing audience would not see it as much. But I personally would consider that a valid game move on Tasha's part. I'm just pissed that we didn't get to see what kinds of subtle (yet possibly powerful) moves she has made.

But maybe this is a good thing because when the next All-Stars season happens, if Tasha is part of it, her competitors won't have seen a lot of her work due to the misogyny of the Survivor producers/editors, etc.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Tasha is a

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Interesting that there are 3 Brains left and 3 Brawn, and it's one of the Brains who is

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    If it's true that Probst didn't like this season, could this mean Tasha wins?
    TEAM TASHA!!!
    Jeff has had a lot of enthusiastic things to say about this season as it goes along, so the impression I have is that he loved the game and didn't like the outcome--which to me would mean that Tony doesn't win. Jeff is still that Russell didn't win. But.....

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I love Tasha, to me her strong point is definitely winning challenges over being a great strategist or making moves that affected the game.
    I would say that Tasha's strong point is her social game. And that's huge in Survivor. The person who is most liked by the jury wins the jury. Fans tend to look at everything in terms of strategy and gameplay, but for the people who actually play the game, the person who was nice to them while they starving and freezing and suffering has great value in the game.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    If Tony, Spencer & Tasha make final 3 (& IMO that won't happen) & you were on the jury, who would you vote for the win? I'd have to give it to Tony even tho I admire both Spencer & Tasha...Spencer for smart moves & Tasha for her ability to concentrate & win immunity challenges.
    I think it's harder to make the call if you are actually on the jury, since you have had to deal with these people, not just sit back and watch.

That said, as a spectator, I couldn't vote for Tony. He's been rude to Morgan and Sarah, and he tends to make big moves for the sake of making big moves, without regard to whether they will actually help him in the long r

Spencer is getting the most sympathetic edit, and I like that he actually bid the $500 to draw a rock, whereas Tasha (who made one unsuccessful bid) opted not to bid. However, it looks to me as if Tasha has been, over all, at least as strategic as Spencer, and I was impressed with her (unsuccessful) attempts to deal with Kass, Sarah, and LJ. At this point, I'd probably vote for Tasha, but it's a close, close call.

I guess, ideally, I'd like Tasha to win and Spencer to finish second and be the fan favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    But with all this said, I wonder how much the cameramen (producers) are choosing to tell this story from the male point of view. I can't believe Tasha wasn't trying to make an all-female alliance happen. But we did not get to see a second of her attempting to do that...
    Tasha said in a confessional that she was trying to make Tony believe that she was attempting to forge an all-female alliance. That's an extremely crafty move, since she got Trish, Kass, and Jefra to play into her hands without their realizing what was happening.

The question I had in watching the episode was whether Tasha and Spencer, who was also trying to make Tony believe there was an all-female alliance, hatched a common plan together or came up with the same idea separtely. The editing suggested that it was two separate plans, but I'd love to know the real story.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Wow. Woo has a personality. Who knew?

(Although I have always liked him for the woo hoo factor )

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Woo finally develops a personality; too bad he didn't develop any strategic skills to go with it.

That immunity challenge would be my worst nightmare even if I were well-fed and rested .

Kass is sure.....something. Does she really think she can beat Tony? Uh, Kass? I think people might dislike you even more than him.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Oh Kass. Such a charmer. I'm sure everyone in the jury will fall all over themselves to give her the win.

vCash
    Watching now...

Woo: "at this point in the game, it's going to be an individual game."

...no shit, Sherlock.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    At least Spencer is still there. Otherwise it was a very anti-climatic Tribal Council.

But now Tony is guaranteed to not get voted out with two Idols. Hell he could give the normal one to Trish or Woo next week, and still use his special Idol to control who gets voted out.

Does Kass really think people would vote for her?!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Hell he could give the normal one to Trish or Woo next week, and still use his special Idol to control who gets voted out.:
    I'm certain Tony will use it to his advantage by either giving it to someone to assure them F4 so that they help assure him F3, or by waving it around enough so that no one knows how he might end up using it.

It also sounds like while he mentioned the special idol, he hasn't told anyone what's special about it - could be to negate someone else's vote, to give himself an extra vote, to break a tie, who knows. Since there's never been an idol like this before, as long as he doesn't tell anyone, they can guess all they want but never be sure. And it sounds like they don't know for sure that he has two of them.

Although, we could be missing a lot - I had the impression a few eps ago that only Sarah knew he was a cop, but in this ep, it seems clear they all know now.

If I was on the jury, there's no question I'd give it to Tony. Trish is playing a good game, but when your best move is to team up with someone else and you clearly are not part of every decision, you can't have my vote. Spencer is also playing a good game, and doing one of the best "outlasts" I can remember, but he's not in control of the game. Tony has been in almost total control of the game from the beginning, and while a lot of fans might dislike him, I'm not so sure the other players do. Morgan seems to hate everyone, but I think the better players on the jury can acknowledge Tony's skill, and I think he's going to give very good final TC.

Mind you, he might not make it to F3 - I think Trish and Woo will stick with him, but Spencer and Kass certainly don't want him there, and Tony is a long shot for the final immunity challenge. Might depend on if Woo can be wooed, and if Tony can get Spencer or Kass out next so that they can't mount the votes against him at F4.

And don't get me started on Kass. After all that pontificating, she voted out Tasha, just like Tony wanted her to.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast