Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    ^^I agree with you Fridge. I will go out on a limb and say that I have never liked the idea of people being voted out because of their supposed financial status outside of the game. I have always believed that the winner should be based on game play and what happens in those 39 days. Whatever life you have outside the game is up to and on you. I've just always felt that it was mean-spirited. If you want to get rid of former players, that's fine, I get that and it makes sense to me. But voting Cliff out because he's supposedly rich? I don't agree with that.
    I so agree! Voting should be gameplay only. On the flipside, I get annoyed when folks use the poverty card, that is no reason to win either. And when they ask how they will spend the money. It is nobodys business. Not that $1million is not a lot of money, but after taxes, and based on whether the winner has a mortgage, college debt for themselves or their kids, parents to help out, etc, and top that with greedy friends and relatives, the funds could be gone quick.
    So JeTai is gone - I like how Spencer handled himself in TC. If he ends up going early, I would not mind seeing him again. Talk about getting put on the wrong tribe. So true that Tasha will not do well going forward - no focus there. Kass could be under the radar for awhile, with bigger fish to fry.
    Spencer could do well, or could look like a challenge threat. But I hope we get to see more of Spencer.
    I so far love Cliff and hope that Woo is on his side, and was game playing about throwing the challenge. I always lose respect for players that want to throw a challenge - just seems like bad karma. The 2 cops can go soon! They are getting airtime - so hope that is true.
    Looking forward to the switch up next week - will get to learn more about other players

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Kass looks and seems ssssoooo familiar. She's the lawyer, right? Has she been involved in some type of nationally known case that she would have been on talks shows (Dateline, 20/20, Nancy Grace, etc.) type shows where I would have seen her? Like a Casey Anthony type trial or something? Its weird how familiar she seems to me and that be the only place I can think of where I might know her from.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Cass looks familiar to me too, but I was thinking of my aunt rather than someone famous!

She might be able to fly under the radar, but I also think she's an easy target - older players in these games always seem to be at a disadvantage, especially in this case when the whole brawn/beauty thing favours youth. They might all find it easier to buy a few days by getting rid of the old lady to keep the target off themselves. There's also the older pilates woman - the one that seems the best candidate for the "I'm doing this to prove something to myself and kid" breakdown - who seems a more obvious throwaway, but has had more time to bond with more people being on a winning tribe.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Older women who are physically strong can go further, but Kass was just as useless in physical challenges as J'Tia. Being older/not "hot" will definitely work against her in the new tribe system unless she can get something going right away with some dissatisfied folks. Unfortunately, with the Brains tribe performing so disastrously, there aren't many others who know they are outside of an alliance.

And I agree about the money thing - I loathe the argument that anyone "deserves" to win because of their financial status, and to a lesser extent, that anyone needs to be eliminated due to their financial status.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Being older/not "hot" will definitely work against her in the new tribe system unless she can get something going right away with some dissatisfied folks. Unfortunately, with the Brains tribe performing so disastrously, there aren't many others who know they are outside of an alliance.
    Very astute point! That could be a problem for Spencer and Tasha too.

As for the money issue, agree with all of you. Plus, perceptions don't always match with reality - what one person calls being broke another might call being set for life, plus appearances can be deceiving - they assume that Cliff is rich based on years of an NBA salary, but they really can't know if his investments went bad (remember Lisa/Blair? She said everything she made as a child star was long gone), if he has other financial strains (ie. professional athletes' ex wives can be expensive) or if he or those around him blew his money. Either way, it shouldn't matter - it's about game play and game play alone in my book.

vCash
    So far, I haven't guessed who has the winner edit. Kudos to them
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Don't watch any of the previews too closely today, heading into tonight's episode as who ends up on which tribe is actually quite easy to tell.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone at CBS even bothers to check those things!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Don't watch any of the previews too closely today, heading into tonight's episode as who ends up on which tribe is actually quite easy to tell.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone at CBS even bothers to check those things!
    In the early seasons they used to "photoshop" the buff colors in the previews so no one knew what tribes people ended up on (Survivor Sucks called it the Buff-O-Matic), then they got lazy and didn't bother to hide it. But then, randomly, one of the seasons within the last 2 years or so, it returned and they tried to fool people again in a random preview

vCash
    Didn't want tasha, Kass and spencer to go to tribal so I'm glad their new little tribe won immunity tonight! So smart to move Jeremiah and Spencer to the front.

Going to be really interesting to see who does get voted out.

vCash
    The editing was pointing to a Cliff vote out but I was thinking via LJ's idol, not Tony flipping. Good job editors with that fake ou!

Just five guys left. That's crazy!

vCash
    Happy with how things turned out tonight. LJ was my "minute after we meet them all" pick in my house. Spencer is young Mr halffull's pick. So far we're doing ok

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    The editing was pointing to a Cliff vote out but I was thinking via LJ's idol, not Tony flipping. Good job editors with that fake ou!

Just five guys left. That's crazy!
    Jeff has been quite meh about this season and now we know why.

I hope this doesn't mean he thinks the show is better with returnee alpha males.

I guess Lindsey isn't going to last very long.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Trish's laugh is going to drive me to rip out my own ears.

vCash
    That first challenge was rather lopsided after the first set - Cliff basically just had to sit there, it looked like he was barely holding on, but just the sheer mass of him was hard to move. And was he laughing at the other tribe trying to move him? But I thought this was a challenge where it was unfair to have both men and women involved. Sarah actually did a phenomenal job fighting Tony and Lindsey, but I don't see any of the women being able to hold off a team that included any of the guys left in the game.

Interesting tribal switch, with all of the Brains staying together. Very glad that this tribe was able to win immunity, and that the brains really contributed to the win.

UGH. I knew Cliff was going when we were reminded about LJ's HII, but I really wish it had been due to the idol being played. I was suckered into thinking Tony was getting smarter/not overplaying, and then this??

Lindsey finally speaks somewhat, and now she may quit. Eff that. Prepare for more returning players after this one....
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I think this is the best season in many years.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    That pole challenge was actually kinda violent. They literally could have broken someone's leg the way they were twisting their legs all up! Hell they coulda paralyzed some of those smaller girls! I do not like this challenge at all. At least the other one no one was intentionally trying to hurt you, which is all the pole challenge was.

Eh, still don't care at this point who stays and who goes. Maybe when the numbers get lower I'll have someone to root for.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halffull View Post
    Happy with how things turned out tonight. LJ was my "minute after we meet them all" pick in my house. Spencer is young Mr halffull's pick. So far we're doing ok
    Those are my picks too

I'm guessing that the reason that LJ didn't use the idol was that unlike the 5 minutes we saw, he sat through perhaps 90 minutes or more of TC and decided he was good. I can't imagine he put his reliance on Tony either directly or through Trish - I think he's way too smart for that, and seems to be very perceptive of others. Brilliant working of Trish too - with Cliff gone, Woo and the others may be his for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    So very sad, but so very true. Husband wondered why he was sitting out in the rain at TC - obviously he wants to show everyone that's he's tough too, and let his shirt get wet over his (hate to admit) impressive upper body.

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    That first challenge was rather lopsided after the first set - Cliff basically just had to sit there, it looked like he was barely holding on, but just the sheer mass of him was hard to move. And was he laughing at the other tribe trying to move him? But I thought this was a challenge where it was unfair to have both men and women involved. Sarah actually did a phenomenal job fighting Tony and Lindsey, but I don't see any of the women being able to hold off a team that included any of the guys left in the game.
    Definitely - the sheer size and weight of him, not to mention a life of conditioning and VERY strong legs said no way. He was laughing alright - although not sure if it was the absurdity or if all that manhandling was tickly

As for Tony - this was his first TC - he's itching to play and make moves, so no surprise that he'd go the crazy route and switch allegiances rather than go the easy route and vote out LJ. At the same time, he understands this game very well, and I wonder if voting out Cliff was a message to Sarah now on the other tribe - "I did this for you, so you better be there for me at merge."

I'm loving this season.

vCash
    I'm loving this season too but like others, I'm worried that since Probst seems meh on it that they'll be back to lots of returnees. I guess we'll know in a few months when the 14/15 seasons get filmed over the summer.

Of the guys left, I think LJ is in the best position. Woo and Cliff getting sloppy and not making Trish feel like she was a big part of their alliance was a classic mistake. They should have known better than that. I wonder though just how much Lindsay's hatred of Trish played into that decision!?!?

If Lindsay does quit as the preview is implying, I can see that adding to Probst not being a fan of this season as he hates a quitter.

vCash
    He's not alone in that.

And it would explain why we've gotten almost no coverage of Lindsay. If it weren't for her highly identifiable hair she'd be more invisible than Allison/Alexis/Amy.

I want Jeffra gone because I can't take another 2+ months of hearing that voice

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Good points on Lindsay's edit and Jeff's reaction. But this early - pre merge - is one quitter really going to ruin a season for him? If he's meh, then Cliff's exit and Lindsay's potential quitting would contribute to that, but there's a lot of season left and I wonder if meh is because the ending isn't interesting - it's either someone he's not big on, someone who won by default rather than earning it, a predictable ending where someone was clearly a front runner for much of the end game, or one alliance managed to dominate completely, or something along those lines.

Or I'm overthinking it

re people saying "you never got to know me, never talked to me" etc - that always astounds me on Survivor and BB. Even if you don't particularly like someone or have found nothing in common, how is it possible not to speak to them at all when you are in a small group cut off from the world 24/7? And who on earth still makes that mistake after all these years on Survivor (and BB)? Cliff I guess.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast