View Poll Results: Who Have You Purchased Singles or Albums From On This List?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam Lambert

27 40.91%
  • Carrie Underwood

29 43.94%
  • Clay Aiken

22 33.33%
  • David Cook

22 33.33%
  • Daughtry

16 24.24%
  • Fantasia

7 10.61%
  • Jennifer Hudson

13 19.70%
  • Jordin Sparks

9 13.64%
  • Kellie Pickler

8 12.12%
  • Kelly Clarkson

48 72.73%
  • Ruben Studdard

6 9.09%
  • Scotty McCreery

2 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

American Idol, Season 13

American Idol begins tonight! I gave up on The Voice last season when they got rid of all the good people. Plus they have failed miserably producing any successful recording artists (Cassadee Pope and Danielle Bradbery haven't even warranted a second single from their albums). I enjoyed the X-Factor, but their ratings were reported as low last fall, so I'm not sure it will be back. So I'm excited to see what American Idol will be like with a whole new production team in charge of things. I hope they make some dramatic changes.

The Wikipedia page for season 13 says that...

Rickey Minor will return to the show as musical director after having left at the end of the ninth season to go to The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
    From that site it looks like their might only be five nights of auditions? I hope they focus on talented people and skip all the trainwrecks.

And lastly, here's an article from today's issue of USA Today: 8 ways 'American Idol' could be better than last season
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Train wrecks coming up

vCash
    Loving that Harry connick is bringing the father card. You are 16 and singing songs that "creep me out"

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I heard results shows are going down to 30 minutes. So thrilled.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    j lo's top knot is perfect for getting a really good facial scrub with the clarisonic. but i wouldnt leave the house like that.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Not seeing anyone that's blowing my mind yet, I fear that with J-Lo back on the panel, they'll bring the level of talent down to mediocrity. While the judging was a trainwreck last season, at least they got the winner right.
    Kyle

vCash
    I love Harry and his feedback and what he brings.
    Kyle

vCash
    I don't even remember who won last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    Not seeing anyone that's blowing my mind yet, I fear that with J-Lo back on the panel, they'll bring the level of talent down to mediocrity. While the judging was a trainwreck last season, at least they got the winner right.
    Yeah, it doesn't give me confidence to know that the new folks at Idol think that JLo is a good judge. I think she does the producers' bidding, but has little of substance to add and criticizes the wrong singers while ignoring the flaws of the anointed ones. I'm apprehensive about Harry. In the past, he seemed to have a fairly narrow view of how artists should perform.

The formats for Idol and The Voice are very different. Idol is more pageanty and you'll never have people get as emotionally invested in the contestants on The Voice. I'm fine with that. And I MUCH prefer the judges on The Voice even though they sometimes annoy me.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I don't even remember who won last season.
    Love Song

vCash
    Didn't realize this was on....turned my tv on and there is some chick from Georgia (Madelyn I think), yelling out 1700 notes for what should be maybe 30. She immediately got a ticket, although Harry did call the other two out for being so easily impressed by such stuff. I may continue to watch a bit more because of Harry.

vCash
    delete. double post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I heard results shows are going down to 30 minutes. So thrilled.
    Good that AI won't be wasting more of my time. So does that mean, no guest singers on the result show?

vCash
    Jen Jensen (the one that was bullied in high school) from X-factor 2 seasons ago on Demi Lovato's team auditioned in Boston.

vCash
    The guitar is back. They seem to be giving bonus points for playing a guitar and having the right look and are a bit inconsistent when it comes to the caliber of the voice. Some of the ones who got through would not have had chairs turn for them on The Voice.

I knew the runs were going to be a big issue for Harry. I tend to agree with him, but I feel that he focuses on it a bit too much. However, there's no question that he is a huge improvement over Randy. I can't believe they kept Randy on for so long.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Tonight was alright. I like the friendliness of the three judges together. You could just feel the seething coming thru the screen last season with Nikki and Mariah, and that kinda turned me off as I watched. So at least the judges are refreshing.

And I admit to being one who likes seeing the train wrecks in the audition episodes, but they didn't show that many of them. I guess they are turning the focus more to people who get thru to Hollywood versus those who don't (which usually seemed to hog the whole show in the past).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    I love Harry and his feedback and what he brings.
    As do I!

vCash
    I watched the first hour. It's a much calmer show with less Seacrest, less backstory crazies, and more judges reactions and critiques. I think I'll keep DVRing it and see what happens.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I watched the first hour. It's a much calmer show with less Seacrest, less backstory crazies, and more judges reactions and critiques. I think I'll keep DVRing it and see what happens.
    Agreed. It was a refreshing change. The Chamber is dumb and pointless but I guess they are going for maximum drama!!!!. I am absolutely loving Harry Connick Jr. I find it kind of pathetic that a lot of people don't know who he is when he is probably a thousand times more talented the the other two judges. I know a lot of these kids are young. But I don't know if you want to be in music, open up your horizons.

As for the guitar/singer/songwriter types I say God Bless. I am SO OVER the big voices. The Christina/Beyonce/Whitney/Celine wannabes. Music is kind of littered with them these days and I just don't find that voice as compelling or unique anymore. I also like that some of them are actual musicians who you know write their own songs. I wish AI would have the balls to do an original song night at one point. I totally agree with Harry and the vocal runs epidemic in music. I think he will be refreshing as a panelist and actually a real mentor.

I love the playful, flirty banter with the judges. I still miss Simon and Paula(though only for her embarrassing behavior)I don't think much of JLo as a singer or an actress for that matter, but I do like her as a judge.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    15 'American Idol' Alumni Songs That Don't Suck

Kelly, Kimberley, Clay, Jennifer, Fantasia, Carrie, Daughtry, Elliott, Jordin, David Cook, Adam, Kris, Crystal, James and Phillip.

Not sure of all their specific choices, but they nailed it with some!

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast