Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleBway View Post
    Link to a fun article about how Jason is being honored by Highland Park, his home town. http://highlandpark.patch.com/groups...a&newsRef=true
    Woah! Jason Brown Day!

vCash
    This is wonderful!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toddlj View Post
    I really hope Jason gets to do his LP in the team event! So anxious to find out how that will be assigned.
    Logically, Jason ought to do the SP and Jeremy the LP - Jason just doesn't have the TES for the LP to match it. But then...we don't know which Jeremy will show up, either.

vCash
    Jeremy has never been a very successful LP competitor.http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00007390.htm

His international best ever LP score, earned in Dec. 2008, is 159& change, about one point more than Jason's TEB LP score. There is nothing whatever logical about having Jeremy do the LP in the team competition

vCash
    Hm, good point. I was thinking, of course, in terms of pure BV. But it might make more sense to have Jeremy do the SP and Jason the LP. But you still don't know which Jeremy will show up. Sigh.

Thought of Jason as Olympic medallist is making me happy!

vCash
    Jason's BV in the FS is 75+ depending on whether he does 3A-3T or 3F-3T (at TEB he did 3A-2T and 3F-3T in the second half; at Nationals he did 3A-3T and 3F-2T in the second half).

Jeremy's BV with his planned content is 79.84, so it's not THAT much higher (Especially when you consider that Yuzuru Hanyu's BV is like 90 something).

Even though Jeremy has the quad, he only does four passes in the second half: 3A, 3S, 3Z-2T-2T and 3Lo (four triples;29.26). Jason does five passes: 3Z-1L-3S, 3F-2T, 2A, 3Z, 3Lo (five triples; BV 34.98).

In the first half Jeremy's BV is 35.60 (4T, 3A-3T, 3F-3T, 2A) compared to 24.4 for Jason (2A, 3A-3T, 3A)

So jump wise: Jeremy BV is 64.86 vs 59.38 for Jason. So not a huge gap.

I wish Jeremy would bring back his second-half 3Z-3T-2T combo he did in 2010, but I don't blame him for wanting to have a layout that will give him success.

ETA: Another thing to consider is +GOE. Yuna Kim never had the highest BV but always outscored everyone with +GOE.

Jeremy and Jason's +GOE is easy to compare since they have close to the same SB in the FS. 158+

Jeremy's +GOE at NHK Trophy was 7.31 points. Jason's + GOE at Trophee Eric Bompard was 9.95 points.

I believe that Jason's strong GOE can probably make up any slight BV advantage Jeremy had with the quad.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 01-30-2014 at 06:42 AM.

vCash
    The story of the Jason doll that was shared made its way to this article.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/blairbraverm...-in-the-closet

The most buzzed-about skater at nationals, the adorkable Jason Brown, defies easy categorization. He’s a dark-horse Olympic contender with a trademark ponytail who’s never scored higher than eighth at senior nationals but whom, apparently, the audience loves — and in general, judges like a happy audience. One woman even comes to practice with a hand-sewn Jason Brown doll, which looks uncannily like him, and which her own mother had wanted to make for Brown before she died. It’s sweet and unsettling and moving, and watching Brown swirl across the ice below, landing one perfect jump after another, I see why he’s such a fan favorite despite his glaring inability to land a quad. A reporter beside me leans over, whispers, “It’ll be sad when he has to cut his ponytail off.”

“Why will he have to?”

“Judges,” she says. Case closed.

vCash
    ^^^
    I hope that any "decision" about cutting his hair will be Jason's.

vCash
    I feel like an idiot for even asking this, but is his ponytail really going to matter that much? He seems to be doing pretty well with it so far.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    I hope that it never will.
    However, with TPTB, it seems that one can never be sure what sort of input he might receive.

vCash
    I think his pony tail is safe. It has its own twitter account after all!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Thanks for sharing the link...looks like a good read.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    ^^^
    I hope that any "decision" about cutting his hair will be Jason's.
    Well, I'm planning on chopping it off and selling it on e-bay.
    Last edited by Dr.Siouxs; 02-01-2014 at 12:58 AM.

vCash
    Jason has brought fantastic attention to figure skating (his 3million+ views even tops YuNa's) and that equates to money in the eyes of USFS. The pony tail will stay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Yes, that was me with the doll and I talked to Blair (the author) for a little bit that morning. She asked if she could include a mention of it in her article. (But I don't think that was a reporter who made the ponytail comment. And no, it wasn't me.) Right now it seems like the ponytail is working for him. And a bunch of fellow fans sitting near us asked to take photos of the doll. It seemed the ponytail was the part they all liked the best. I think it is part of who he is. Before I ever saw him skate, I thought he should cut it. After I saw him in action, I decided he should keep it.

vCash
    would it be too cliched to hope for a Samson and Delilah program?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kiss-n-cry View Post
    Yes, that was me with the doll and I talked to Blair (the author) for a little bit that morning. She asked if she could include a mention of it in her article. (But I don't think that was a reporter who made the ponytail comment. And no, it wasn't me.) Right now it seems like the ponytail is working for him. And a bunch of fellow fans sitting near us asked to take photos of the doll. It seemed the ponytail was the part they all liked the best. I think it is part of who he is. Before I ever saw him skate, I thought he should cut it. After I saw him in action, I decided he should keep it.
    Thank you being so gracious to your fellow fans! I hope I wasn't too annoying! As I said, it was an amazing doll and I'm so glad you got to give it to Jason. (And I'm glad to have a photo. )

As for the ponytail, I agree with others that he should cut it when he wants to and not because somebody told him to.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Mrs. P;4136136]Thank you being so gracious to your fellow fans! I hope I wasn't too annoying! As I said, it was an amazing doll and I'm so glad you got to give it to Jason. (And I'm glad to have a photo. )

As for the ponytail, I agree with others that he should cut it when he wants to and not because somebody told him to.[/QUOTE

I do remember meeting you and you were not annoying at all! It's just great to be around fellow fans at a skating competition. I wish I was back in the "nationals bubble" right now.

vCash
    I swear Kori's twitter exists only to give me a heart attack.

Best part of what I do everyday-the chance to make someone's bad day better, help overwhelming be manageable & coach dreams into realities!
    There is only one student she is with right now...

vCash
    Sounds like you need a prescription.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast