Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    I met Jason in Brisbane a few years ago (flew from the other side of the country mainly to see him). Chatted and got a lovely photo with him. So humble and such a nice guy (as was his coach and parents). So thrilled for his success. He has such a future.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    I've enjoyed watching his skating -- when I could catch it -- for years; he's always had a lot of grace, and I LOVE the ponytail. I have to admit that I didn't expect him to make it to the Olympics this early, but I'm delighted that he did. And I really hope he can blow the roof off the place in Sochi the way he did in Boston, medals or no. I posted his FS video to my Facebook page and got some great reactions from people who generally don't say much when I talk about skating, so that was nice to see.

(And he favorited one of my Tweets the other night, which made me ridiculously happy.)

vCash
    A little random, but I've been looking around for a different version of Jason's Nationals LP (non-NBC) I found this one; not sure where it aired originally but it's shot from a different angle and has less intrusive commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPj-y0ZP_1k

I love that you can really hear the crowd go completely nuts DURING the routine...they were really losing their collective mind. And then since this feed didn't cut away for commercials, we get to see more of Jason's reaction and just being so grateful to the crowd for their support.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    A little random, but I've been looking around for a different version of Jason's Nationals LP (non-NBC) I found this one; not sure where it aired originally but it's shot from a different angle and has less intrusive commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPj-y0ZP_1k

I love that you can really hear the crowd go completely nuts DURING the routine...they were really losing their collective mind. And then since this feed didn't cut away for commercials, we get to see more of Jason's reaction and just being so grateful to the crowd for their support.
    I saw that video too. I actually like it better; I think it's the same feed as the one on Ice Network? In any case, if you have IN, that version is worth watching. Michael Weiss does a better job commentating on the skate beyond the yells and sounds that Scott likes to make...

vCash
    Wow, good find -- it was fun to see some of the moves and jumps from a different angle. I also liked that this broadcast didn't cut away to Max Aaron's reaction right after Jason's marks went up. Max was very gracious, but I felt bad for him anyhow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicElle View Post
    Wow, good find -- it was fun to see some of the moves and jumps from a different angle. I also liked that this broadcast didn't cut away to Max Aaron's reaction right after Jason's marks went up. Max was very gracious, but I felt bad for him anyhow.
    Yes, you could see that at that moment, Max knew he wasn't going. Ahhhhh his sad sad eyes hurt my heart!

By the way, Jason on Arsenio is the best thing ever.

vCash
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Thanks! That was really heart warming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kiss-n-cry View Post
    I wish I could turn back time, to where my mom would never have gotten cancer and she would have been able to go to Boston and all of the future competitions she hoped to attend. Alas, I know that is not possible but at least I fulfilled a wish of hers and let Jason know how much his skating meant to her. I feel like she is a guardian angel of sorts for him, and will help guide him to many great accomplishments. The major irony here is that she passed on December 15th - Jason's birthday. It may seem strange or silly, but I feel they are linked in some way now. They both hold a special place in my heart: Mom for who she was and how much of herself she passed on to me, and Jason for putting so much joy into his skating and sharing a bit of himself with the world.
    Thanks so much for sharing your story with us, kiss-n-cry! It's inspiring and uplifting that you fulfilled a wish of your Mom's through meeting Jason and giving him the doll your Mom wanted to create. My heart goes out to you in the loss of your Mom. Please be comforted in having those wonderful memories and in knowing that you are fortunate to have been able to share your love of figure skating and your love for Jason Brown with your Mom. Those are precious moments and memories to be cherished.

vCash
    kiss-n-cry, aftershocks spoke for me, as well.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    That was great! TP thing is hysterical.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I died at Arsenio giving Jason a bathroom wall to take to Sochi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I've only watched a small handful of JGP videos this season, myself. I had no time either. I guess my point was more along the lines of everybody saying 'JGP is low standard of skating,' 'JGP is not real competition', 'JGP doesn't count' and so on and so forth has no clue what they're talking about.
    Indeed. I laugh when people complain about Polina Edmunds' "body of work" on the JGP circuit this year. If one has actually bothered to watch JGPs, one would realize that the difficulty and quality of JGPF ladies competition is arguably HIGHER than the GPF ladies competition. All 6 girls in JGPF routinely succeed in triple triple combinations (and not the easiest 3t3t) in both short and long programs, which is more than what we can say about GPF ladies. On the men's side, although junior men are not attempting as many quads and triple Axels as senior men, one can discover some very young skaters with excellent basics. I'd much prefer watching Russian junior men on JGP than their compatriots on senior GP because their skating skills are clearly better. Junior skaters sometimes take more artistic risks than senior skaters, especially in ice dance. In fact, I watched a lot more JGP videos than GP videos this year.
    Last edited by Jun Y; 01-26-2014 at 05:41 PM.

vCash
    I wouldn't say that the difficulty on the JGP final was higher than on the GP circuit...the jumps may be more difficult but that is a very jump-centric view. When one looks at the speed and bigness of skating, there are often worlds between Juniors and Seniors - tiny girls might pull of 3-3 without much height but to really jump these jumps in connection with big skating and speed (plus intricate steps and so on but I am not even talking about that) is a completely different story...

But yes, the JGP is very interesting and it is always great to see new talents emerge and then wonder if they make it through growth spurts and puberty.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Jason on NPR in a few minutes!! All things considered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    Jason on NPR in a few minutes!! All things considered.
    Listen to recording here:
    http://www.npr.org/2014/01/27/267203...has-gone-viral

vCash

vCash
    tells me that there was a reporter from the New York Times at the rink in Monument today.... they actually flew somebody out and didn't just do a phone interview.

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Link to a fun article about how Jason is being honored by Highland Park, his home town. http://highlandpark.patch.com/groups...a&newsRef=true
    Last edited by BelleBway; 01-29-2014 at 06:23 PM. Reason: misplaced comma

vCash
    I really hope Jason gets to do his LP in the team event! So anxious to find out how that will be assigned.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast