Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unchat123 View Post
    Video and writeup from the official Riverdance blog:
    http://riverdance.com/blog/2014/01/2...ason-brown-is/
    Thanks for sharing! How cool for Jason.

vCash
    My mom and I became instant Jason ubers when we first saw him at nationals in 2011. As soon as he took the ice for practice and started his SP, we took one look at each other and said, "Uh-oh." We knew we had a new skater to get behind. We had been watching him over the past couple of years and just loved his skating. She was so looking forward to Boston and getting the chance to meet him. She planned to make a doll in his likeness so she could give it to him in person. Unfortunately, as some of you may have read from me here, she passed away in December, having never made that doll. Well, I found her supplies and made the doll for him so I could fulfill her wish. I got stuck here in the snowstorm and got to Boston later than planned, but I made it the mens' practice on Saturday morning. I waited with bated breath for him to appear, and then enjoyed every minute of his practice session. He immediately came over to me once he saw the doll, and I told him about my mom. He was so touched and gave me a big hug. I totally lost it and turned into a sobbing pile of mush. I wish I could remember everything he said to me, but I was overcome with emotion. He posed for photos with the doll and gave me another hug. It was a bittersweet moment that I will cherish forever. He is so gracious and wonderful, and he deserves all of the love and appreciation he is getting. I know my mom is cheering for him from up above. She would be so thrilled that he is going to Sochi!

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Oh, kiss-n-cry, what a beautiful story! I'm tearing up reading it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kiss-n-cry View Post
    My mom and I became instant Jason ubers when we first saw him at nationals in 2011. As soon as he took the ice for practice and started his SP, we took one look at each other and said, "Uh-oh." We knew we had a new skater to get behind. We had been watching him over the past couple of years and just loved his skating. She was so looking forward to Boston and getting the chance to meet him. She planned to make a doll in his likeness so she could give it to him in person. Unfortunately, as some of you may have read from me here, she passed away in December, having never made that doll. Well, I found her supplies and made the doll for him so I could fulfill her wish. I got stuck here in the snowstorm and got to Boston later than planned, but I made it the mens' practice on Saturday morning. I waited with bated breath for him to appear, and then enjoyed every minute of his practice session. He immediately came over to me once he saw the doll, and I told him about my mom. He was so touched and gave me a big hug. I totally lost it and turned into a sobbing pile of mush. I wish I could remember everything he said to me, but I was overcome with emotion. He posed for photos with the doll and gave me another hug. It was a bittersweet moment that I will cherish forever. He is so gracious and wonderful, and he deserves all of the love and appreciation he is getting. I know my mom is cheering for him from up above. She would be so thrilled that he is going to Sochi!
    OMG! I totally remember you and your super adorable doll of Jason. (I was the crazy Asian girl in glasses totally amazed by your talent!) What a sweet moment. And I am glad to hear more of your story. I'm really glad you got to do that for your mom and that you were able to share such a special moment with Jason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleBway View Post
    Same here - such a touching story - so glad you got to fulfill your mother's wish. {{{{ kiss-n-cry }}}}}

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleBway View Post
    As am I!

vCash
    I wish I could turn back time, to where my mom would never have gotten cancer and she would have been able to go to Boston and all of the future competitions she hoped to attend. Alas, I know that is not possible but at least I fulfilled a wish of hers and let Jason know how much his skating meant to her. I feel like she is a guardian angel of sorts for him, and will help guide him to many great accomplishments. The major irony here is that she passed on December 15th - Jason's birthday. It may seem strange or silly, but I feel they are linked in some way now. They both hold a special place in my heart: Mom for who she was and how much of herself she passed on to me, and Jason for putting so much joy into his skating and sharing a bit of himself with the world.

vCash
    kiss-n-cry, that is a beautiful story...thank you so much for sharing! ((hugs))

vCash
    Thank you for sharing your story kiss-n-cry. *Hugs*

I was a Jason-über long before his Riverdance skate - and how awesome that now Bill Whelan, the song's composer, has taken notice of Jason too and some of the Riverdance dancers too? No doubt they'll be cheering Jason on once the Sochi men's event starts.

vCash
    I wish I could turn back time, to where my mom would never have gotten cancer and she would have been able to go to Boston and all of the future competitions she hoped to attend. Alas, I know that is not possible but at least I fulfilled a wish of hers and let Jason know how much his skating meant to her. I feel like she is a guardian angel of sorts for him, and will help guide him to many great accomplishments. The major irony here is that she passed on December 15th - Jason's birthday. It may seem strange or silly, but I feel they are linked in some way now. They both hold a special place in my heart: Mom for who she was and how much of herself she passed on to me, and Jason for putting so much joy into his skating and sharing a bit of himself with the world.
    ((((kiss-n-cry))))

Stay strong! It's not silly at all; we are all connected in some way and your mom's support from heaven is just as valuable for Jason as the support he got from those at TD Garden. It sounds like she was a wonderful and caring woman and that you inherited many of those positive qualities.

vCash
    Kiss-n-Cry I haven't posted in years and I am delurking just to respond to you. I am the woman who spent the two hours of that morning practice conversing with you and your Dad and how we talked about falling in love with Jason and his skating in 2011 at the Greensboro nationals. I was very touched by your story, and simply adored the doll you made of Jason (ponytail included). Jason was beaming like a beacon when he saw it and was drawn to it immediately.

I wanted to tell you that in one of the many discussions with your father, he told me how proud he is of you, and how he wouldn't have made it through the difficult weeks without you. He didn't feel that he could fill the void of for your mother's love of Jason, but he would give it every effort. He told me where you would be sitting during the event, and I spotted your father's white ball cap during the telecast and therefore I was able to locate you as well.

I know exactly how you feel in losing someone to cancer and wanting to turn back the clock. I lost my mother, a brother and a sister to cancer. All we can do is be strong and keep moving forward. I will keep it in mind that Jason's guardian angel will be watching over him as I watch the Olympics, and it will lessen the nervousness I feel when my favorite skater takes to the ice.

vCash
    Scarletbloom - I remember you!! I sent you a PM.

vCash
    I'm so glad you got to give him the doll! I'm sure it meant a lot to Jason, too! I'll bet he told his own mom all about it.

vCash
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/video/97...-olympic-team/

Interview with Jason's parents and brother for Chicago CBS affiliate.

vCash
    Ugh, thanks for the link but very frustrated that it is a video and not a written interview. I hate that this is becoming more and more common. So difficult and time consuming to watch a video (I am at work at the moment and will have no time to watch it at home)
    Could someone summarise the most important points?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Ugh, thanks for the link but very frustrated that it is a video and not a written interview. I hate that this is becoming more and more common. So difficult and time consuming to watch a video (I am at work at the moment and will have no time to watch it at home)
    Could someone summarise the most important points?
    Here's the video with the written interview!

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/01/...-olympic-team/

His parents are so adorable, just like their son.

vCash
    thank you!!

vCash
    Eighteen family members going to Sochi! Wow, Team Brown will definitely be a visible presence!

vCash
    kiss-n-cry, thank you for sharing the story, I am teary-eyed here as well. I saw Jason first time in JGF 2012 in Sochi, and I knew from the first strokes that he is going to be my new favourite. My friends, who saw him in TEB, shared the opinion. I made a short interwiew of him in TEB, and his personality seems to be as lovely as his skating.
    I am just a bit worried that people expect too much of him at the Olys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    I am just a bit worried that people expect too much of him at the Olys.
    Can you share the interview?

Yes, I am worried about that as well. Top ten would be a tremendous feat already but I feel that the general audience (not the figure skating fans) would be disappointed now if he does not win a medal. I hope that that will not bite him in the ass or that the - then disappointed articles - don't discourage him.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast