Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

vCash
    I'm curious about what kinds of deals Shep Goldberg can arrange for Jason. Would it be endorsements or appearances or both or something I haven't been able to think of?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missing View Post
    I'm curious about what kinds of deals Shep Goldberg can arrange for Jason. Would it be endorsements or appearances or both or something I haven't been able to think of?
    Both, I imagine. It was probably the appearances thing that tipped them over into getting an agent for Jason. He seemed to be doing an awful lot of them and even though his mother has some showbiz experience I imagine it was starting to get a little overwhelming to handle.

However, I seriously can't believe that there wouldn't be endorsements out there lined up waiting for Jason. If Shep can help attach him to the right ones, it'll be great.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I'm hoping for "Sesame Street."
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    That would the cutest, most adorable thing ever.

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash
    Article and video in the Minneapolis Star Tribune: C.J.: An in-depth examination of effusive Olympic skater Jason Brown's ponytail .

Note, "CJ" is our local gossip columnist, and I doubt she could get in depth without a backhoe... but anyway...

(I can't actually get the video to work on my computer).

vCash
    *wince* She opens the video by calling him an "Olympic silver medallist". Oh dear.

Now the video's had a hissy fit and won't load the rest. Oh well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    *wince* She opens the video by calling him an "Olympic silver medallist". Oh dear.

Now the video's had a hissy fit and won't load the rest. Oh well.
    Vid did not work on my computer, but did load on my phone. The transcript is pretty accurate, but without the Jason exuberance, which the vid captures pretty well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Ohmygosh YES!!!!!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Jason performed his "Riverdance" program at the 5/31 AIT show in Chicago - here's one photo: https://www.facebook.com/AmericanIce...type=3&theater

Links to additional show photos and reports (ETA: plus Jason's video without sound) are posted in the GSD thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4272290

Editor’s note: In the last six months, Olympian Jason Brown has won over countless fans throughout the world, including first lady Michelle Obama and Russian superstar Evengi Plushenko. His Riverdance free skate has achieved cultlike success, with more than 4.3 million views on YouTube. While training for the post-Olympic Stars on Ice tour in Monument, Colo., Brown met two more of his young fans, Lucie Reizian and her friend Delaney Peterson, at the Colorado Sports Center. It was there that Brown also won over the admiration of Lucie’s father Greg, who shares his story below.
    http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2014/...n-a-dads-hero/
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-06-2014 at 12:28 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    More evidence of what a caring person Jason is!

vCash
    ^^ It was actually his Prince program, but I'm sure we all know that.

I was there in person that night; first time meeting him, and he was just as nice, warm, friendly, kind, humble, etc., as he comes across in interviews. Such a nice kid. I saw his mom a couple times in the lobby and his brother Dylan got roped into selling raffle tickets to Skate America (which were being promoted as "a chance to see Jason compete!, but there is literally a .001% chance he won't be there so I don't mind, lol).

vCash
    says Jason is planning to skate both new programs at the Broadmoor Open next week, plus do the jumps event. He's breaking in new boots so not sure how that's going to work out....

vCash
    Thanks! 2014 Broadmoor Open webcast info (discount if you order by midnight (Mountain time?) June 25th): http://www.wheatdesigns.com/web_info.html
    I'll cross-post in the U.S. Club Competitions thread in the Kiss and Cry forum.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.frog View Post
    says Jason is planning to skate both new programs at the Broadmoor Open next week, plus do the jumps event. He's breaking in new boots so not sure how that's going to work out....
    This doesn't surprise me because he did the same thing last year.

Good thing I already bought the pass (I like the jumps event, it's fun)....

vCash
    I'll look forward to this!

vCash
    Crosspost from programs thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Per Phil Hersh on Twitter ( https://mobile.twitter.com/olyphil/s...31004001591296)
    Jason Brown's programs:
    SP-Little Walter’s "Juke”
    LP - Maxime Rodriguez’ Tristan & Iseult"

He will debut them at Broadmoor Open this weekend.

vCash
    Excellent choices for him. I'm looking forward to seeing what Rohene came up with. Tristan & Iseult is lovely, and I think he'll wear the drama beautifully. Now I just want to see if we'll have any quad attempts yet...

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I love "Juke" on its own. I suspect I'll like Tristan & Iseult more with his skating on top of it.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I just listened to "Tristan and Iseult" and WOW I'm so excited! A dramatic romantic tale with a tragic ending - I can't wait to see this one!

Juke seems pretty good, nice change of pace from the epic free.

vCash
    Will anyone be getting video of Jason's SP? I'm cheap and don't want to pay for the web stream lol.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast