Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I first really saw Jason when he got a standing ovation for his LP at Nationals in 2011 which of course NBC didn't show live. The kid was special then and even Tonia K said he was the future of Men's skating. Looks like she got one thing right.

vCash
    Oh, I just wanted to remind everyone that Jason is doing a Google+ Hangout tonight at 7:15ET. Here is the Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0fI5p9N234

vCash
    I definitely didn't take notice until 2013, but that had less to do with Jason and more to do with my disinterest with US men's skating for the past few years. I'm happy to be on the bandwagon though. He's delightful.

vCash
    I didn't really become a huge skating fan until about partway through last season, and even then I only really cared about ladies and Meryl and Charlie. Jason's Glacier Falls LP made me actually care about men's skating, and god know how many times I watched that video over the summer, lol. Meeting him was honestly one of the highlights of Skate America and this is only the beginning of his career! I wonder what he'll skate to next?

vCash
    2,767,868 + YT views, thus far.
    You know that Scott - bless him - were wishing he could go back in time.

vCash
    Double post
    Last edited by aftershocks; 01-22-2014 at 09:58 PM.

vCash
    Tee hee ... I wonder where the naysayers are who were so negative about Jason, claiming he'd be only a stylistic marvel without a 3-axel and that he thus wouldn't make it in seniors.

Wasn't it obvious Jason was already a winner even before he mastered the 3-axel? Jason is right on time, as he was only 17 when he was still trying to master the 3-axel (and by last season he was ready to bring it in competition). Even Patrick Chan had to work on getting his 3-axel consistent when he was 17. Luckily Jason has had the luxury of not being rushed into the senior ranks, and so he's been able to work on developing a solid 3-axel and train the quad to where he can get it consistent before putting it out there in competition. Part of the reason Jason has had the time to develop while still competing and winning in Juniors, is because of his huge talent artistically, musically and magnetically re performing for and connecting with audiences.

It is kind of strange and funny that the media is just now catching up with Mr. Ponytail Power, when he was such a huge standout on the JGP circuit in 2011-2012, placing first at the Junior GP Final, and third at Junior Worlds. Jason's fp then was also spectacular: Flow Like Water from The Last Airbender

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYtxwK2wJrg *
    * That performance should have over 2 million views too. There is more to Jason Brown than Riverdance, but cool with its infectious melody and roof-blowing choreography that Riverdance is the breakout program which introduces Jason to the world, and that we have so much more greatness to look forward to as Jason continues to shine.

BTW, usual errors in the text: This is Jason's senior international debut season, but it is NOT his senior debut at U.S. Nationals. There's another recent article online that states Jason "was mired in 9th place at U.S. Nationals" previously. I think "mired" is the wrong choice of words. Actually, Jason had a great performance in his senior debut at U.S. Nationals and then he had an uncharacteristic fall the following year in his fp. However, the main reason Jason placed 9th at U.S. Nats for two seasons and 8th last year is because the U.S. men have such outstanding depth (and because Jason was earlier working on getting his 3-axel, and he's also just recently been training the quad). However, Jason's other amazing talents are so super-sensational and fairly unmatched for his age, that he's generally always been able to place high in the standings. Jason is an all-around exciting skater to watch. As usual, when it comes to figure skating, the rest of the world catches on slowly, and only every four years. They miss a lot!

Gosh that over two million viewed clip is not of good quality (in terms of pixels). Of course Jason has quality to burn.

This should have over two million views too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2SW0_ESEtM

ETA:
    Good thread title, btw. I kinda liked Ponytail Power! which I suggested in post #823 in the Josh/Jason uber thread of ye olde.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 01-22-2014 at 10:40 PM.

vCash
    Jason's Hangout is live right now and right off the top he got surprised by the lead dancer from Riverdance, and Jason kinda freaked out, lol. He's so adorable and is completely in awe.

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Really enjoyed the Google Hangout... His joy is so infectious even through a small window on my computer.

vCash
    ahhhhhhhhh, I missed all of this because I'm travelling. I can't wait to see the video of the hangout.

EDIT

I just saw the first part of the hangout where they sprang the Riverdance guy on Jason. I think he actually died and I think the summation of Jason's words during that part can be summed up with: "OH MY GOD!"
    Last edited by misskarne; 01-23-2014 at 01:36 AM.

vCash
    Video and writeup from the official Riverdance blog:
    http://riverdance.com/blog/2014/01/2...ason-brown-is/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    Jason's Hangout is live right now and right off the top he got surprised by the lead dancer from Riverdance, and Jason kinda freaked out, lol. He's so adorable and is completely in awe.
    I loved his idea that Jason should be the lead skater in a production of Riverdance on Ice - that's a show I would pay $100+ to see!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by harekrishna43 View Post
    I loved his idea that Jason should be the lead skater in a production of Riverdance on Ice - that's a show I would pay $100+ to see!
    And then he wanted to add more skaters to have a cast. Holy crap. Who else would there be? I would pay anything to see this.

Okay so I chucked a bunch of coins in the computer thing and I'm listening to the whole hangout.

listening to him talk about being starstruck, I think Jason and I are kindred spirits. Because his reaction to Michelle Kwan would totally be my reaction to meeting HIM.

vCash
    You have to pay to listen? How much?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    You have to pay to listen? How much?
    Oh, I'm travelling at the moment. NZD$1 for ten minutes, NZD$2 for 20 minutes, so not too bad.

vCash
    Oh I see!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    listening to him talk about being starstruck, I think Jason and I are kindred spirits. Because his reaction to Michelle Kwan would totally be my reaction to meeting HIM.
    It's funny because that WAS my reaction to meeting him! I don't think I said anything more coherent than "Oh my god, you were so amazing, thank you so much!" I did ask him for a picture though, but it took all my courage. He was very sweet!

ETA that I saw Jason walking by and grabbed my friend who was with me and said "There's Jason!!" and Kori Ade, who had just parted ways with him, gave me a bit of a strange look. Sorry Kori!

vCash
    For me it was love at first sight when I watched him win the 2010 Junior Men's title at Nationals (via Ice Network). My initial impression was confirmed when I saw him in person at 2011 Nationals. Jason joins a tiny group of skaters for whom I got the full-on Thunderbolt at first viewing....namely Kwan, Cohen, Abbott and Jason. That's it. I immediately, immediately knew he was special and I'm beyond thrilled at his success!

vCash
    He's been my favorite skater since he finished 3rd in Novice (2009). I had the opportunity to congratulate him when I saw him in the arena concourse shortly after the medal ceremony. I was very impressed with his attitude (and very strong handshake) even back then.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post
    It's funny because that WAS my reaction to meeting him! I don't think I said anything more coherent than "Oh my god, you were so amazing, thank you so much!" I did ask him for a picture though, but it took all my courage. He was very sweet!

ETA that I saw Jason walking by and grabbed my friend who was with me and said "There's Jason!!" and Kori Ade, who had just parted ways with him, gave me a bit of a strange look. Sorry Kori!
    I think I managed to say something like, "I've loved your skating since you were in juniors." and various other statements about how well he did in the short program (this was at practice after the SP at Nationals). He said "thank you" to every thing I said. He's got manners.

And then I said, "By the way, I'm totally a Kori fan girl." And Jason, sweet boy, said "Oh, do you want me to introduce you to her?" And he did! I got to gush at Kori for five minutes about how I loved her coaching, how she did a good job coaching Jason and that I really admired how she's basically built her career from the ground up. (Basically, when Kori said during her interview on the Manleywoman podcast few years back that "I'm the biggest nerd that is..." regarding her self-education in coaching, I was like "OMG I AM A TOTAL NERD TOO!" I'm all about the self-education and seeking out mentors for my career...so I really admire people who are successful doing much of the same.)

And Jason took a photo of me and her with my phone. And we totally did the Asian tourist peace sign pose. Actually I did it and she played along.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast