Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alj5 View Post
    Or Romson & Julilah?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Siouxs View Post
    Do you have gum in your mouth?
    Peanut butter...

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Prior to their work together, Wagner was not known as an artistic skater. Together, Mills and Wagner created a unique identity on the ice. The daily work on her style and skating did wonders for her artistic transformation.
    I believe this to be true. Mills made her. He created her signature program, The Black Swan. How could she not want more of that in the Olympic year???!!! Anyway, it's done. I hope she goes back to him next season, if he takes her.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alj5 View Post
    Peanut butter...
    Chubby Bunny

I think this costume change also enables the opportunity for more use of rainbow accessories to contribute to the cause of the homosexual revolution. I hope homosexual revolution makes a broadcast somewhere, I think that would be a good three-shot drink if an Olympic drinking game were to come about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    Chubby Bunny

I think this costume change also enables the opportunity for more use of rainbow accessories to contribute to the cause of the homosexual revolution. I hope homosexual revolution makes a broadcast somewhere, I think that would be a good three-shot drink if an Olympic drinking game were to come about.
    Or maybe her new program is Juliet & Delilah, as a tribute?

vCash
    Oh it has to be. Personally I'd prefer Ashley to play the role of Romeo & Samson.

vCash
    I'm happy she's switching back. Like Carolina, I just didn't feel as though Ashley connected with her R&J FS as she should have. The difference b/w watching Carolina perform Bolero and watching her perform Scheherazade was amazing. With Schez, there was no spark...but with Bolero, Carolina just came to life! I'm hoping we'll see that with Ashley too. I thought the program was nice but it wasn't right for her. Ashley needs music with strength and power b/c that's the way she skates. I honestly question David's reasoning behind the whole "bedroom Juliet" thing...it never made sense to me. Personally, I'm not impressed with much of anything he's produced this season...he's going the way of Lori Nichol: one or two good programs every year and it's usually with just one or two people. I think Yu-Na's programs are good but TBH they aren't anything new/fresh/exciting/unique either.

Hopefully Ashley will keep the technical elements from R&J and maybe incorporate pieces of the step sequence as well. I think a clean performance of S&D will score much better than a clean performance of R&J b/c S&D will leave a much bigger and better impression overall.

vCash
    The only thing I'm iffy about with S&D is the comparison to Rochette's skate in Vancouver. I mean its been 4 years but I don't know if Wanger has enough ownership of that program/character to match the emotional intensity of Joannie's skate...

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I don't remember Joannie's program and I am a fairly involved fan. S&D was well-received by the ISU judges last season so there is no reason to assume it would not be again, if skated well.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    NJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    Ashley, you go girl!
    Yep. Gotta hand it to her. She is gutsy.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosetintmyworld View Post
    The only thing I'm iffy about with S&D is the comparison to Rochette's skate in Vancouver. I mean its been 4 years but I don't know if Wanger has enough ownership of that program/character to match the emotional intensity of Joannie's skate...
    I don't remember much about Joannie's S&D in Vancouver, other than that it was a courageous performance.

Ashley should be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I'm happy she's switching back. Like Carolina, I just didn't feel as though Ashley connected with her R&J FS as she should have. The difference b/w watching Carolina perform Bolero and watching her perform Scheherazade was amazing. With Schez, there was no spark...but with Bolero, Carolina just came to life! I'm hoping we'll see that with Ashley too. I thought the program was nice but it wasn't right for her. Ashley needs music with strength and power b/c that's the way she skates. I honestly question David's reasoning behind the whole "bedroom Juliet" thing...it never made sense to me. Personally, I'm not impressed with much of anything he's produced this season...he's going the way of Lori Nichol: one or two good programs every year and it's usually with just one or two people. I think Yu-Na's programs are good but TBH they aren't anything new/fresh/exciting/unique either.

Hopefully Ashley will keep the technical elements from R&J and maybe incorporate pieces of the step sequence as well. I think a clean performance of S&D will score much better than a clean performance of R&J b/c S&D will leave a much bigger and better impression overall.
    And that is the equivalent of saying that someone is 'nice' but you're just not into them! It's a death knell!

Ashley doesn't need nice - she needs GREAT especially at the Olympics. She's very good at a lot of elements but she's not the very best when it comes to jumps, spins, artistry. She's (usually) consistent though and programs like 'Black Swan' (my fave of hers), S&D, and 'Red Violin' really brought something special out of her on the ice - although, unlike some, I always enjoyed Wagner's quirkier programs pre-Nicks and Mills.

Quote Originally Posted by rosetintmyworld View Post
    What makes you think that anyone but Rochette's most devoted fans would even remember her programs from four years ago? I don't, except for the tragedy of losing her mother just before the SP event and Joannie's courage skating through her pain.

vCash
    I was hoping that Ashley would bring back Samson and Delilah. Now she has to really attack that ending the way Joannie Rochette did! With R&J loaded with 4th-place vibes for her, Ashley's made a very wise decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    I was hoping that Ashley would bring back Samson and Delilah. Now she has to really attack that ending the way Joannie Rochette did! With R&J loaded with 4th-place vibes for her, Ashley's made a very wise decision.
    4th place vibes? I was questioning even a top 6 finish now that Gracie seems to have arrived and Adelina seems to have found her mojo when it comes to the FS. Not to mention the likes of Akiko if she's on during the Olympics. And she of course has to worry about Yuna, Mao, and Julia all of whom she has yet to beat in competition.

That being said, I'm glad she's making a change but this 'Franken-S&D-R&J' program that she's talking about gives me pause.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Gracie had one great competition, the best of her career. You know for a fact she is going to repeat it in Sochi? Adelina will be skating on home ice too, another kind of pressure but on the other hand will have home ice advantage with the judges, so I expect her to place ahead barring a pretty bad meltdown.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    What Wagner said was she wanted to go with another choreographer in the Olympic season and Mills got pissed and announced the split without notifying her. I think she may want to keep him as a part coach and just go with a new choreographer but apparently he was totally offended that he didn't want anything to do with her anymore.
    Yeah this was the true story. Mills made a comment that was misinterpreted by some members of the public at the time and then repeated many times in its wrong context on FSU.

He said something about not wanting his work messed with as a choreographer and then backed down from working with Ashley. He was referring to not wanting to mess with the work of Ashley's new choreographers, but knowing he would not be able to leave the programs as is day after day. He was being mindful of the other choreographers work, knowing he would end up messing with the choreography if he stuck around. It had nothing to do with Ashley messing with his work.
    Last edited by cbd1235; 01-22-2014 at 03:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Gracie had one great competition, the best of her career. You know for a fact she is going to repeat it in Sochi? Adelina will be skating on home ice too, another kind of pressure but on the other hand will have home ice advantage with the judges, so I expect her to place ahead barring a pretty bad meltdown.
    Did I say anywhere in my post that 'I know for a fact' that Gracie is going to repeat her performance at the Olympics? No, I did not. What I said was, if you read my post carefully, is that Gracie SEEMS to have arrived. That doesn't mean that she HAS arrived - only that it seems so. As to Ashley and her 'Frankenstein' program versus the others whose programs are set - the Olympics will tell. As it stands, I'm having my doubts that she'll place ahead of either of the Russians even if they each suffer a fall. She's fallen and been held up pretty well - I have no doubt in my mind that the Olympic judges will do the same for Julia and Adelina. A Russian is going to be on the podium at the Games, I'm almost certain of it.

vCash
    I'm still a little surprised that she didn't want to stick Mills for choreography. She had unprecedented success with his programs. Even though people said his work was simpler than her programs this season, I think that was Mills being cognizant of ensuring Wagner would have a better chance of performing clean programs since he had also worked in the capacity of her coach.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    I thought Mills was being a prima donna. All Ashley said was she wanted to branch out and maybe explore other choreographers. She didn't even say she wanted to stop using him. And he had a public hissy fit.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    And she of course has to worry about Yuna, Mao, and Julia all of whom she has yet to beat in competition.
    True for this season for Mao and Julia, but not ever overall.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast