Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Well I'm glad she's importing some R&J choreography because by comparison, S&D looked pretty empty.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    I think this is a good move to return to S&D, but I wish she would just go back to the whole program. But whatever, it's still better music for Ashley. She needs music with power and fire to match her skating, R&J is beautiful music and is a great program but it's not for Ashley.

I would've preferred the Swan Lake program, but S&D is a good choice too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luenatic View Post
    Change the SP too. Or at least re-cut the music, remove that screeching guitar solo section during the combo spin.
    LOL, it's pink floyd and you want her to remove the guitar solo from a classic rock song.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Well I'm glad she's importing some R&J choreography because by comparison, S&D looked pretty empty.

I still think the ChSq was wasted in S&D. Much more effective in R&J, especially the falling leaf into the luge...though she may keep that part since in both R&J and S&D, the last two elements are ChSq and CCoSp.

vCash
    Has this kind of last minute program change ever worked for the Olympics or Worlds? It smells so desperate. It is bizarre that it took her this long to realize R&J wasnt working.

Whoever said above this makes music look irrelevant under the IJS is dead on. Good luck to Ashley though.

vCash
    Shizuka Arakawa changed her FP weeks before Torino, and actually reworked some of the choreography/layout (since the original, from 2003-2004, was under 6.0). And she won!

Also, Sarah Hughes changed the later half of her FP between US Nationals and SLC from Rach. 2 to the finale of Daphnis and Chloe.

Stephane Lambiel changed his free program and re-choreo'd a new one three weeks before the...2005 WC? The King Arthur program.

vCash
    Oh-KAY then! Go, Ashley!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Has this kind of last minute program change ever worked for the Olympics or Worlds? It smells so desperate. It is bizarre that it took her this long to realize R&J wasnt working.
    It has received a fair amount of negative feedback. I am also surprised that this decision has been made so late. Maybe she wasn't fully happy with the program but the Nationals disaster was the trigger to change it.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Good luck to Ashley! I hope this works out for her. I loved S&D so I'm looking forward to seeing this program in Sochi.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    If this is what works for Ashley, then she should do it.

vCash
    I hated the first 2/3 of the Romeo and Juliet program. I thought the last minute or so wasn't bad, but if she wasn't feeling it... I'm a bit worried for her doing a mash up of program choreography. I wish she had better music and added choreography to the beginning and middle of the program.

vCash
    Personally, I liked R&J, especially with the old costume. But I'm all in favor of whatever works for her. And the way she attacks a program, I can see how she'd feel more comfortable with more powerful music.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    I think the problem with R&J is those 4 jumping passes in a row. She should have put the layback where the flysit is, and the flysit where the 2nd loop is, then finish with the 2nd loop and the 7th pass.

But...I should stop posting these ideas as she's clearly gone in another direction.

vCash
    Speaking of Ashley's SP "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" by Pink Floyd. There is another version of this song with vocal by singer Kendra Morris. I absolutely love this singer. I highly recommend her 2nd CD "Mockingbird". Her versions of Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Wicked Game and Cry Me A River(Bettye LaVette version) are wonderful.

Her is the live version of Shine on you crazy diamond and the studio version
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    It's always a risk to change things at the last minute but there have been plenty of examples of people doing it and getting good results.

Also, most skaters incorporate moves and program layouts from prior years. They don't throw out everything that worked for them and start all over fresh with 100% new moves and jump layouts. Music can be very forgiving as to what you place where and it's rare that music calls out for a 3Z instead of a 2X (as an example). So if they find a certain jump order works for them, they'll often use it over and over, maybe substituting in harder jumps as they master them but having a basic order that they build on. The same with spins. They add variations to a spin they like to make it more difficult each year until they consistently get level 4s. They also have pieces of footwork they like to do and that work for them that they use over and over mixed in with new elements that make sense for that particular year's music and theme. That's why some skaters are always doing split falling leaf while others do Russian splits and others don't do those kinds of jumps but maybe are fond of the illusion or lunge.

Given that, mixing elements from two different programs isn't necessarily going to be a horrible mishmash. It depends a lot on the skill of the people doing it and also how divergent the two programs are.

Bottom line: I'll wait and see the new program before I decide if it works or not.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Is she going to test it out anywhere?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Is she going to test it out anywhere?
    The team event!

vCash
    LOL!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luenatic View Post
    Change the SP too. Or at least re-cut the music, remove that screeching guitar solo section during the combo spin.

Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    LOL, it's pink floyd and you want her to remove the guitar solo from a classic rock song.
    IK,R? Like she's going to ditch the guitar solo performed by the incredible, immeasurable, incomparable Dave Gilmour.

The only part of her SP music the bugs me is the addition of the violins in the second half of the program. You don't take one of the most iconic songs by one of the greatest rock bands of all time and futz with it.

vCash
    I hope by keeping sections of R&J she meant transitions into spins and the choreographic sequence etc.

I would imagine Wilson would be exclusively booked by Yuna at this stage of the season, and the Wagner / Mills split was not amicable, so I wonder who would help with putting it together. Nicks?!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast