• He's fragile; he'll withdraw during one of his skates

4 3.05%
  • He's literally made of steel; he not withdraw

24 18.32%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    He won't. Just to spite all of you.

vCash
    if Russia wins a medal in the team competition and Plushenko wins a bronze in the individual (of course you all will SCREAM!!!!), he will have 5 Olympic medals in FS. I think that may be unprecedented. I am not sure what happened in the early days when there were just figures- may be someone (Grafstrom?) won 5 Olympic medals? I may check skatabase later to find out, but that takes time and I have a busy week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    if Russia wins a medal in the team competition and Plushenko wins a bronze in the individual (of course you all will SCREAM!!!!), he will have 5 Olympic medals in FS. I think that may be unprecedented. I am not sure what happened in the early days when there were just figures- may be someone (Grafstrom?) won 5 Olympic medals? I may check skatabase later to find out, but that takes time and I have a busy week.
    Grafstrom as four (three golds, one silver). If Plushenko is able to win two bronze (or two medals, of course), he'll be the most medalled Olympic figure skater ever.

vCash
    Plushenko winning a medal in the individual event (if he actually skates that), would mean everyone else has messed up. To win a medal he's going to need help and lots of it.

If everything is judged fairly.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    I'm in shock

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Well, a lot can happen between now and the Olympics. I won't believe anybody is going to show up until they put themselves on the ice. Frankly, I'm focused on the dance competition because I don't think I have ever enjoyed a figure skating experience more than I have Charlie and Meryl. If Plushenko is the recipient of corrupt "secret skate" backroom shenanigans, it's a shame. If he had gone to Euros and at least done well, I'd say good for him. But it all seems so.....sleazy.

And, the number of medals accumulated does not equate memorable skates for me. I honestly can't recall a single Plushenko program outside of the 2002 SLC silver, which was fabulous. I really, truly used to like him so much! Oh well...I hope all will go well for him and for everyone on the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    Hasn't he already hinted/said in an interview he'd withdraw after the TE?
    I may have missed something, but I think you have it the wrong way around. He said at one point that he would let someone else do the Team Event but that he wanted to participate in the Men's competition. The problem for him was that, since Russia has only one entry into the individual competition, the rules wouldn't allow for that unless the other man had a medical excuse to withdraw after the Team Event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    Most likely after the team event, to be replaced by another Russian skater. The icenetowrk article interprets ISU comm. 1844 wrongly when it writes "since the replacement skater should already "be part of the accredited delegation on site," as communication 1844 states." That passage, however, refers to the exchange of skaters during the team event.
    I'm sorry you have had to keep explaining this ad nauseum because of shoddy journalism and lack of reading comprehension.

All that the ISU said was that Russia can't swap Plushenko for Kovtun in between the SP and LP of the TE; if an injury does occur, they have until February 10th to plead their case for a substitution into the individual event.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    I may have missed something, but I think you have it the wrong way around. He said at one point that he would let someone else do the Team Event but that he wanted to participate in the Men's competition.
    I don't have links or quotes on me, but I think this is backwards. I thought that after nationals, during the whole "I will name Kovtun my heir in only 3 years or more" period, that he had said he would do the TEAM, then withdraw to let a younger person do individual; this was the whole idea that got people off on the fact that he wanted the "easier" other Olympic medal (team), and that he didn't want to face and lose individually to Chan, Javier, 3 Japanese, Ten, and possibly Reynolds and one or both Americans.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    I don't have links or quotes on me, but I think this is backwards. I thought that after nationals, during the whole "I will name Kovtun my heir in only 3 years or more" period, that he had said he would do the TEAM, then withdraw to let a younger person do individual; this was the whole idea that got people off on the fact that he wanted the "easier" other Olympic medal (team), and that he didn't want to face and lose individually to Chan, Javier, 3 Japanese, Ten, and possibly Reynolds and one or both Americans.
    That's the way I remember it too.

vCash
    I just wanted to say you:
    It is not a closed game in the background. Tarasova is a very strong player, if you read the Rusian media you will know she is working a lot on this war. She is a very influental person and she speaks slimy lies to the public, but in private conversations with Pisees, Gorshkov, Lakernik make further pressure to put Kovtun in individual competition. In Russia her media lobby wrote awful things about Plushy. She has influence as politician, CSKA (moscow) club, she works in TV ice shows with Averbukh, etc....and not only in Russian media - russian correspondents who writing for Reuters, BBC, AP also her's people...http://www.championat.com/olympic14/...olimpiade.html Read Yagudin..
    So I'm abig fan of Plushy, and I always support him like many his fans all over the world..but I think we will be less in this game.
    And what is doing Plushy? IHe doesn't speak with anyone, doesn't read any news...and I hope draws its strength from this http://instagram.com/p/j4XNDqjq32/#
    I'm curious what will happen,, but that won't be only Plushy's fault..

And I can't wait for second part of his biography... He is a very sincere person...
    Last edited by lala; 02-02-2014 at 08:58 AM.

vCash
    Ice is slippery, but Plush is fragile.

Well done, the four of you who got it right.

vCash
    Ooopsies poopsies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    I just wanted to say you:
    It is not a closed game in the background. Tarasova is a very strong player, if you read the Rusian media you will know she is working a lot on this war. She is a very influental person and she speaks slimy lies to the public, but in private conversations with Pisees, Gorshkov, Lakernik make further pressure to put Kovtun in individual competition. In Russia her media lobby wrote awful things about Plushy. She has influence as politician, CSKA (moscow) club, she works in TV ice shows with Averbukh, etc....and not only in Russian media - russian correspondents who writing for Reuters, BBC, AP also her's people...http://www.championat.com/olympic14/...olimpiade.html Read Yagudin..
    So I'm abig fan of Plushy, and I always support him like many his fans all over the world..but I think we will be less in this game.
    And what is doing Plushy? IHe doesn't speak with anyone, doesn't read any news...and I hope draws its strength from this http://instagram.com/p/j4XNDqjq32/#
    I'm curious what will happen,, but that won't be only Plushy's fault..

And I can't wait for second part of his biography... He is a very sincere person...
    do you think tarasova is going to lobby just as hard for mao? lol!

vCash
    That was great

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    What happened to Plushenko?
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    The duct tape didn't last.

vCash
    Happy for him winning the team event but the younger skaters deserved a chance.Was the half victory worthy?It was without a doubt. He overcome so much just going on the ice but i didn't see the point of his decision before and i still don't see it now.

vCash
    This a tragedy for him and the Russian people.. think about it logically. He wanted to compete. He knows many people went to the competition because of him .. When he withrew the people have lost interest in the race and went out from the arena .. And he knew it .. he easily can get 90 points, look at he would have been in third place .. it would have been perfect for him. But if he would be 4-5 place, no matter the Russians love him for it.. I think this withrawal is much worse for him..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Oh reeeeeeeeally?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast