Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Booooo, it appears Menshov has been chacked.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Just a brief menshov showing to make people aware of bronze winner.
    Ah, I missed seeing this.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-19-2014 at 10:46 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

having a nice day
    vCash
    No they neatly set the stage for his win. If you blinked you mizzed it lol

Is that a manufacturer tag on the inside neckline of Javi silver shirt??! Surely not....

Here's verner meltdown. Why? Because he was 3rd
    Have a nice day!

having a nice day
    vCash
    Yonny and tara are trying but nbc coverage will never come close to the excitement fun and snark of fsu pbp
    Have a nice day!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by immoimeme View Post
    Yonny and tara are trying but nbc coverage will never come close to the excitement fun and snark of fsu pbp
    I don't know.. ."luckily he's already dressed for open heart surgery" was pretty snarky Johnny

vCash
    Johnny says Fernsndez isn't skating to the music. I'll have to take his word for it - I can't hear the music at all.

These men really lack polish compared to the ladies. They have big jumps but they are just all over the place. I don't see any of them challenging Chan.

having a nice day
    vCash
    Here's the kid...Kovtun.
    and kid, when you look as gd on the big screen as you did on the 4" one, you're doin' somethin' right. Hang in there :-)
    Have a nice day!

having a nice day
    vCash
    I don't think nbc left time for pairs and dance. That sucks big time. And it's discourteous to all those competitors.
    Have a nice day!

vCash
    Tara and Johnny, unlike the older commentators really feel the skaters' pain and try so hard to find something good in each performance. The men had a rough competition.

I envy Menshov's spring on his jumps, it's hard to believe he is 30. Why didn't the Russian Fed invest more in him?

having a nice day
    vCash
    Ah. They worked menshov FS highlights into the closing credits.

I must say, that wae inadvertently hilarious how what the voice-over was saying didn't match the images being shown.

But hey! All in all thanks nbc!!! It's obvious I haven't missed a dayum thang by not having
    A tv.;-)

Luv you fsu! Mwahhhh! B-)
    Have a nice day!

vCash
    Both Tara and Jonny support Plushenko for Sochi. Weir said legacy and Lipinski said they can trust him at the Olympics. Interesting thoughts!

vCash
    The only skating Plushenko should be doing at the Olympics is the opening ceremonies. He won't be satisfied until he is carried out on a stretcher. Skating well is the least of his worries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    The only skating Plushenko should be doing at the Olympics is the opening ceremonies. He won't be satisfied until he is carried out on a stretcher. Skating well is the least of his worries.
    He's not going. It's motivation to the other guys to work harder. And I think he'll be in the opening ceremonies too, along with every Russian skating judge who's ever been banned for a year for cheating. Big crowd.

Well, two hours is better than no coverage. Good to see some of the Euro competitors who prob won't be at World or Olympics.

Julia was fine. She's had cleaner long programs. I don't understand the luv for Carolina. She couldn't seem to center a spin. She fell on a jump. She skated slowly. Tara Lipinski kept calling Carolina an artist. I don't see it.

Tara and Johnny are just annoying. They do not inform enough about what elements have been accomplished. It isn't always clear if a jump is a triple or quad, cleanly or double foot landed, or the level of spins and footwork. And they don't inform.

I'm so freaking glad they mentioned that TARA was 15 when she won her OGM. And I'm grateful I was watching the show so that I could HEAR HER GIGGLE like Betty Rubble at the mention of her being 15 once. I'm so glad. CAUSE IT JUST NNNNNEEEEEVVVVEEEERRRR happens....every time she appears anywhere on earth. every time. every single time.

Not impressed with the men's event. Javier earned enough points to win. And it isn't new that someone can rise from 9th or 11th and win a medal. They could have added the guy's full routine and ditched almost any other one. It's not like this was live. At least they had highlights.

vCash
    I don't mind Johnny but Tara is just useless IMHO And no we don't care that she won at 15. Let's discuss what she has done since then?? Coast on that medal and giggle? Hmm....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Glide2 View Post
    He's not going. It's motivation to the other guys to work harder. And I think he'll be in the opening ceremonies too, along with every Russian skating judge who's ever been banned for a year for cheating. Big crowd.

Well, two hours is better than no coverage. Good to see some of the Euro competitors who prob won't be at World or Olympics.

Julia was fine. She's had cleaner long programs. I don't understand the luv for Carolina. She couldn't seem to center a spin. She fell on a jump. She skated slowly. Tara Lipinski kept calling Carolina an artist. I don't see it.

Tara and Johnny are just annoying. They do not inform enough about what elements have been accomplished. It isn't always clear if a jump is a triple or quad, cleanly or double foot landed, or the level of spins and footwork. And they don't inform.

I'm so freaking glad they mentioned that TARA was 15 when she won her OGM. And I'm grateful I was watching the show so that I could HEAR HER GIGGLE like Betty Rubble at the mention of her being 15 once. I'm so glad. CAUSE IT JUST NNNNNEEEEEVVVVEEEERRRR happens....every time she appears anywhere on earth. every time. every single time.

Not impressed with the men's event. Javier earned enough points to win. And it isn't new that someone can rise from 9th or 11th and win a medal. They could have added the guy's full routine and ditched almost any other one. It's not like this was live. At least they had highlights.
    Wow, you have such a positive attitude!

having a nice day
    vCash
    Based solely on what I saw today, Olympic coverage in USA is going to be all about the USA ladiezz (who are not going to medal I don't think so), Plushenko-his presence or lack of, davis/white (rightfully so), and grudgingly, men. Unless we have some pairs in contention? Oh and the freaking $eam event.

So I say, GO JASON BROWN. Skate yr heart out and show nbc what they *should* be focusing on-YOU!!
    Have a nice day!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by immoimeme View Post
    Based solely on what I saw today, Olympic coverage in USA is going to be all about the USA ladiezz (who are not going to medal I don't think so), Plushenko-his presence or lack of, davis/white (rightfully so), and grudgingly, men. Unless we have some pairs in contention? Oh and the freaking $eam event.

So I say, GO JASON BROWN. Skate yr heart out and show nbc what they *should* be focusing on-YOU!!
    I don't want Jason to get TOO much attention. I want Jason to be allowed to be Jason and not be pushed into being the "savior" of the USFSA!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    I don't want Jason to get TOO much attention. I want Jason to be allowed to be Jason and not be pushed into being the "savior" of the USFSA!
    A seance would be necessary for that.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    I was pleasantly surprised this was actually on. I remember one year it was scheduled to be on, and then they showed like 20 min. before cutting to another sport. I think it was back in 2004, and they only showed Julia Sebestyen. If not 2004, whatever year she won.

ETA: Actually, that was ABC, not NBC. Sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12