View Poll Results: Which man should Russia send to Sochi?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plushenko - Reigning Platinum medallist

41 28.28%
  • Kovtun - Russian Champion

31 21.38%
  • Voronov - European silver medallist

60 41.38%
  • Menshov - European bronze medallist

13 8.97%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by immoimeme View Post
    Eys that's pretty rude way to define Plushenko status since there is no platinum Olympic medal. you're not attempting to bias the voting or oh so subtly express an opinion are you. No surely not . Nice try lol.

I loves me some plush but I voted for Voronov.
    Plushenko started it - or his webmaster did likely with his approval back in 2010. I'll never forget his obnoxious behavior towards Evan, even briefly climbing to the top of the podium at Vancouver. Jerk. Serves him right.

Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    It wasn't funny..because Plushenko didn't create platinum medal for himself..
    Yes it was. I thought it was a hoot!

I voted for Kovtun but either him or Voronov would be just fine with me.
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 01-20-2014 at 08:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    Plushenko started it - or his webmaster did likely with his approval back in 2010. 'Platinum Olympic medallist' was HIS notion. Serves him right.
    Platinum was not plushenkos Notion at all! Lala has posted the history of its joke origin many times! It was a joke and when the joke got on the website design it was removed. Plushenko accepted the silver medal and took many pictures with it and actually showed it off. He did not believe he won a platinum or his medal was platinum or anything.

Its not funny now because it got out of control and is used to depict plushenko as nuts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Its not funny now because it got out of control and is used to depict plushenko as nuts.
    Your support of him does that just fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Your support of him does that just fine.
    I posted the true story about the platinum medal not once. Many posters don't want to believe, because they want to use it against Plushenko.
    And yes his fans support him until he takes to the ice..
    Last edited by lala; 01-20-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    As a casual observer and not particularly a Plushenko fan...BUT NOT A HATER...I never thought the platinum medal was anything but a nice award his fans made up to make him feel good after he lost in Vancouver. I never once heard or thought anything that would make Plushenko look silly. Just my POV....When did all that happen?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    As a casual observer and not particularly a Plushenko fan...BUT NOT A HATER...I never thought the platinum medal was anything but a nice award his fans made up to make him feel good after he lost in Vancouver. I never once heard or thought anything that would make Plushenko look silly. Just my POV....When did all that happen?
    The US press did not follow Plushenko went he went back to Russia and every detail of his trip back before he came back to Vancouver for the exhibition so when the website showed the platinum everyone assumed he personally put platinum there and he was characterizing his medal as platinum and not silver. It was all in the press.

Evgeni Plushenko's PLATINUM Medal: Skater's Web Site's Bizarre Claim (PHOTOS

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_472590.html

vCash
    Agent: Evgeni Plushenko isn't creating new Olympic medals

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...lushenko_N.htm

"It's absolutely a mistake. Evgeni has absolutely no idea about this. Absolutely no idea," Zakarian said. "Nobody from our team is awarding a platinum medal."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Platinum was not plushenkos Notion at all! Lala has posted the history of its joke origin many times! It was a joke and when the joke got on the website design it was removed. Plushenko accepted the silver medal and took many pictures with it and actually showed it off. He did not believe he won a platinum or his medal was platinum or anything.

Joke my foot. It was a blatant dig at Evan from Mr. Entitlement. I had admired Plushenko up to that point too. His sore loser attitude at Vancouver lost him any respect I may have had for him.

I suppose you also have a good excuse as to why Plushenko climbed to the top of the podium at the Vancouver Olympics (I'll never forgot how the audience gasped at his disrespectful behavior) before making his way to his proper side which was the silver level.

Hmm, let me see - he was just trying to get to the other side? He got lost on his way to the 2nd place platform and meant no disrespect to Evan?

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...l_NgIFNajA3Ihb

Please.

I wish the IOC had stripped him of the silver medal over his unsportsmanlike behavior.
    Last edited by Sasha'sSpins; 01-20-2014 at 08:55 PM.

vCash
    Joke my foot. It was a blatant dig at Evan from Mr. Entitlement. I had admired Plushenko up to that point too. His sore loser attitude at Vancouver lost him any respect I may have had for him.

I suppose you also have a good excuse as to why Plushenko climbed to the top of the podium at the Vancouver Olympics (I'll never forgot how the audience gasped at his disrespectful behavior) before making his way to his proper side which was the silver level.

Hmm, let me see - he was just trying to get to the other side?
    It was a joke. It wasn't from Plushenko. He didn't think he was entitled to anything. He worked extremely hard and in the framework that won the Olympics from 1998-2006. He should have worked hard in the matter that was winning events from 2006-2010 and especially 2008-2010 and not done any quads but that's beside the point. He was working really hard and didn't think he was entitled. You call him a sore loser but he was trying to uphold some jump standard and was working really hard. No one just does 4/3 and level 4 spins and level 3 steps and 12 jumps etc.

Some also laughed at what Plushenko did on the podium. He went to silver! What else did you want? He accepted the medal and stood on silver. He didn't have to do either.

vCash

I wish the IOC had stripped him of the silver medal over his unsportsmanlike behavior.
    Really? I saw a video Mr Rogge hug Plushenko after the scandal. Despite the fact Plush caused him a lot of work because of protest letters and petitions flooded the IOC and ISU for Plushy.. This was the reason why Rogge did a press conference in this case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vURTGSsm4oo Do you remember for the gala at Vancouver? He received standing ovation..
    Last edited by lala; 01-20-2014 at 09:22 PM.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Plushenko. Let Russian Figure Skating's greatest STAR perform. Especially since no placements are at stake, why not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Plushenko had multiple surgeries during the off season. He was rehabbing for a long time. Competing in GPs was out of the question. An athlete is allowed to take time off to heal. It's not like he was skating in shows; when he did, it was to slowly get back into skating and performing.
    Ok, but what about 2014 Europeans? Why no appearance there?
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Ok, but what about 2014 Europeans? Why no appearance there?
    Obviously he knew he could lose again thus ruining his chances of hogging an Olympic spot. But he was also knowing he had the sekret-test-skate coming up where he and the powers that be could finagle a way to send him anyway. It's such a trumped up, transparent, political pile of BS. I feel so bad for all the other skaters. And we wonder why figure skating loses popularity with the public?

The only good thing about Plushenko going it is that hopefully this will be a final outing and we won't have to see him any more after this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123