vCash

Mirai Nagasu 'got robbed' support thread

Please sign the petition here in support of Mirai Nagasu:
    https://www.change.org/petitions/u-s...agasu-to-sochi

Please continue to talk about this travesty, don't let it be swept under the rug.
    Last edited by Doozy; 01-18-2014 at 03:37 AM.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash

vCash
    This thread is specifically about the robbery.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    And there are already a dozen threads about the so-called "robbery".

Answer me this, Doozy: if, by some ridiculous twist, the petition got up, would you have the guts to look Polina in the eye and destroy her dreams? Of course you wouldn't.

Mirai isn't good enough and didn't get picked. End. Of. Fecking. Story.

(And if you dare post it on Jason's viral video again I will have no hesitation in reporting you for spam.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    And there are already a dozen threads about the so-called "robbery".

Answer me this, Doozy: if, by some ridiculous twist, the petition got up, would you have the guts to look Polina in the eye and destroy her dreams? Of course you wouldn't.
    You don't seem to have much problem with the fact that Mirai's dream was crushed, do you? I'm not suggesting cutting Polina from the team, I suggest cutting the girl who could not make the cut when it counted.

Mirai isn't good enough and didn't get picked. End. Of. Fecking. Story.
    She was good enough for Vancouver the first time she beat Ashley Wagner out for the spot. Came in 4th too, not too shabby. The story is not over as long as there are people speaking out against the injustice, unlike you who would like to sweep it away.

(And if you dare post it on Jason's viral video again I will have no hesitation in reporting you for spam.)
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

vCash
    You don't seem to have much problem with the fact that Mirai's dream was crushed, do you?
    As you pointed out, Mirai had an Olympic dream. It was realized in 2010 when she was good enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiejie View Post
    As you pointed out, Mirai had an Olympic dream. It was realized in 2010 when she was good enough.
    She was good enough this year too. Only problem is she wasn't the favorite of advertisers, NBC and the USFSA.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Having taken the time to analyze the publically available criteria and weightings to be used for the selection as well as the relevant results of the skaters involved, it seems quite clear that the USFS applied them correctly and appropriately. The skaters involved are all moving on with training, skating and living. Perhaps those experiencing so much angst should follow their lead?
    Can't skate but love to watch

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    I think that petitions and continued out cry is insulting to Mirai. If people aren't willing to consider the criteria used, then they have not anything to say worth listening to.

I am sad for Mirai and think she could have been chosen for the team. But she wasn't. The best thing anyone can do for Mirai is to send her messages of support.

Refusing to acknowledge that the decision was legitimate is just an embarassment and if enough Mirai fans keep it up it will be an embarassment to Mirai.

Give Mirai a break, move on.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Mirai is a figure skating Olympian because that honor does not go away. Furthermore, she did put in time and effort into something she liked and did achieve professional level results, which is a rare achievement.

Mirai can still train to see how good she can really be, and for that she is very fortunate. I hope she wakes up everyday and thinks "how good at this can I be today" and at every competition thinks "I can't wait to show everybody what I can do!"

Competitions are really only a means to faster, higher, stronger. Medals do not mean you are your fastest, highest, strongest.
    Last edited by bardtoob; 01-18-2014 at 06:39 PM.