vCash

"Only variables should be passed by reference"

FWIW, I get this message at the very top of the screen when I post a reply...it is labeled as an error message, but doesn't seem to affect the post in any way I see.

(I know what passed by reference, passed by name, and passed by value mean; I just don't know why this particular message is being displayed.)

vCash
    Is it after an edit of the original post? That's when I see it.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Same here. Doesn’t seem to be an issue, though. Every thing posts correctly.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Is it after an edit of the original post? That's when I see it.
    Yes. But like Reuven said, it doesn't seem to break anything. Just weird.

vCash
    Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 261

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 337

not sure what exactly I pressed to get this response
    'The one. The only. Daisuke Takahashi ' Chris Howarth, EurosportUK

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Just be sure you don't press something that launches the missiles!
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Sorry guys, there's no fix that can be found for this. We are planning a total change of software at the end of the season so should get rid of the bugs

I will be looking for testers to try out the new software before it goes live too.
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Sharpie,

If you are looking at new software, please take a good look at the uproar on College Confidential when they switched to Vanilla forum software a couple of weeks ago. Huge usability problems, including non-functional mobile applications. I don't know if it was a function of a really bad implementation, weaknesses in the user interface design choices, or something else, but it has been a mess.

Administrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Sharpie,

If you are looking at new software, please take a good look at the uproar on College Confidential when they switched to Vanilla forum software a couple of weeks ago. Huge usability problems, including non-functional mobile applications. I don't know if it was a function of a really bad implementation, weaknesses in the user interface design choices, or something else, but it has been a mess.
    Thank you for your opinion. Do you mind providing me with a link to that site so I can take a look? For the record, we're not going with that software and the one we are going with has been tried and tested by me on a variety of different sites and the results have been positive. vBulletin (our current software) is no longer supporting the version we're using on FSU and it is starting to show it's age, it uses outdated technologies, etc. The software I have in mind is being considered so we can better provide for users of the site and offer them a more interactive and dynamic experience, in addition to ease of use.

vCash
    Hi Serverguy --

I'm sorry that I didn't notice your response earlier.

Here's a link to the site: http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/...pgrade-p1.html

They also moved from vBulletin.