View Poll Results: Who Have You Purchased Singles or Albums From On This List?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam Lambert

27 40.91%
  • Carrie Underwood

29 43.94%
  • Clay Aiken

22 33.33%
  • David Cook

22 33.33%
  • Daughtry

16 24.24%
  • Fantasia

7 10.61%
  • Jennifer Hudson

13 19.70%
  • Jordin Sparks

9 13.64%
  • Kellie Pickler

8 12.12%
  • Kelly Clarkson

48 72.73%
  • Ruben Studdard

6 9.09%
  • Scotty McCreery

2 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    was there ever a season that wasnt described as the most talented group ever?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Randy Jackson ugh... I thought we were rid of him. How can the worst judge be a mentor??? Is he on the entire season?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    How can the worst judge be a mentor???
    how to craft a $$$ career out of an average skill set?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Glad MK is safe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Harry Connick, Jr. is, disappointingly, getting on my nerves. He always has to make sure he's the funniest, he interrupts the other judges, and is generally douchey. Even his faux-gay banter with Keith Urban (who is great) is annoying. I liked Harry at one time, but find him insufferable as a judge. I thought he'd be better.
    At least Harry makes better constructive criticisms than Keith and J. Lo (especially her) without putting them down like Simon. At least he tells them what they need to improve technically. He seems to have the most knowledge in the technical aspects of music and singing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Glad MK is safe.
    Me too, but I fear she won't be around for long. Two weeks in a row in the bottom 3 isn't a good sign. I hope she hangs on long enough to make it to the top ten so that she can go on tour. She doesn't seem as good as she was in the auditions. It seems every week, she gets worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    At least Harry makes better constructive criticisms than Keith and J. Lo (especially her) without putting them down like Simon. At least he tells them what they need to improve technically. He seems to have the most knowledge in the technical aspects of music and singing.
    I believe that Harry was asked to provide constructive critiques; and that this is why he agreed to appear on AI.

vCash
    I think Harry is a kinder Simon. Honest without being cruel.

vCash
    Agreed. I love Harry. I also get the feeling he cares a lot. But he's incredibly knowledgeable and won't let them get away with being out of tune. I don't always agree with him, but I do most of the time. I also think Harry wants and expects a lot. This week surprised me. They are all much better then they performed. It's sad to me that yet again we had a bottom three girls.

Was was interesting is that Phillip Phillips blew them all out if the water.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    It's sad to me that yet again we had a bottom three girls.
    Any guy out there who has thought about trying out for American Idol should definitely do so. If you show up at the auditions, apparently if you have a pee pee, you don't have to audition, you automatically go straight to Hollywood!

Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    Was was interesting is that Phillip Phillips blew them all out if the water.
    I love Phillip's recordings, but he reminded me with his live performance how AWFUL he has always been singing live. He can't carry a tune to save his life. I wonder how Harry felt criticizing the singers Wednesday night and then having to listen to Phillips on Thursday night!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    He still comes across as an asshole to me, sorry. Can't speak for Keith, as I'm not familiar with his music, but I cringe when JLo criticizes a singer's vocal abilities when she doesn't really have any her damn self.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    This is what I appreciate about Keith: he pays attention when singers perform, whether the singers are contestants or others brought in on results night. It bothers me to see the judges chatting throughout the performances (Harry is the worst in this regard); I find it rude and offputting.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i forget who it, was but keith and j lo chatted during one of the performances this wk then both gave very nondescript feedback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Any guy out there who has thought about trying out for American Idol should definitely do so. If you show up at the auditions, apparently if you have a pee pee, you don't have to audition, you automatically go straight to Hollywood!

I love Phillip's recordings, but he reminded me with his live performance how AWFUL he has always been singing live. He can't carry a tune to save his life. I wonder how Harry felt criticizing the singers Wednesday night and then having to listen to Phillips on Thursday night!!
    Well you and I must have hearing different things because I just watched it back and he wasn't out of tune ever to my ears. He kind of does something similar to Neil Young where he slides down or up into certain notes and phrases. But I wouldn't consider that out of tune. Thought he sang fantastic live. A hell of a lot better then Candice who WAS out of tune.
    Last edited by chantilly; 03-09-2014 at 08:27 PM. Reason: spelling

vCash
    There must be something wrong with the "in ears" this year. I don't remember Candice singing out of tune during her season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    There must be something wrong with the "in ears" this year. I don't remember Candice singing out of tune during her season.
    Something just seems to be off with the sound in general. Perhaps they have new audio folks, but the sound mix doesn't seem right.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I discovered Philip Philipps (really ?!) and I really liked his "home" song a lot.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Agreed. They all seem to be having trouble. Candice singing out of tune I agree is proof of it. I don't pay that much attention to these things but the stage design seems different. The band seems in a different position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

Lee DeWyze - 153,000 for "Live It Up" album (worst AI sales ever? still more than anybody on The Voice??)
    Really? Even more than Cassadee and Danielle? Lee and Cassadee the worst winners evah!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Really? Even more than Cassadee and Danielle? Lee and Cassadee the worst winners evah!
    Wikipedia says Cassadee's album has sold 162,000 copies. So she has passed DeWyze. Plus Cassadee's label has finally released a second single from her album: I Wish I Could Break Your Heart

Danielle Bradbery's album (according to Wikipedia) has sold 122,000 copies. So less than DeWyze's sales, but her album was only released in November. Normally I would say that her album has more life in it, but the first single from Danielle's album was released back in July of 2013 ("The Heart of Dixie")...and they haven't released a second single. If her record company believed in her, Bradbery should be on her third, maybe even fourth single by now. So I fear they've dropped her like a hot potato. She will be a special guest on Hunter Hayes' tour starting this month, so maybe another single will be released soon?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast