View Poll Results: Who Have You Purchased Singles or Albums From On This List?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam Lambert

27 40.91%
  • Carrie Underwood

29 43.94%
  • Clay Aiken

22 33.33%
  • David Cook

22 33.33%
  • Daughtry

16 24.24%
  • Fantasia

7 10.61%
  • Jennifer Hudson

13 19.70%
  • Jordin Sparks

9 13.64%
  • Kellie Pickler

8 12.12%
  • Kelly Clarkson

48 72.73%
  • Ruben Studdard

6 9.09%
  • Scotty McCreery

2 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I would have chosen Lisa Guerrero (the punk/goth chick) over the nurse. Nurse is a bland country singer. I hope Neco Starr wins over Ben. I knew about this twist beforehand, but forgot about it b/c of the Olympics. I watched Hollywood week days after it aired, so it was too late for me to vote. Wednesday, I'll vote by watching the recap at the end. It's ladies short on the Olympics, so I won't be watching Wednesday AI until several days later.

vCash
    I was surprised that I enjoyed the 1st night of rush week so much. Ten girls out of the 15 sang & some of them were really good. And the feedback was great. Even JLo gave some negative but helpful critique to some of her favorites, namely Marrielle, Bria, & Brianna. I loved seeing Daughtry & Adam Lambert, they were great coaches & surprise, surprise, Randy wasn't too annoying.

My rankings:

1. Majesty Rose - "Happy" she looked really pretty & relaxed, no visible nerves, good performance "A"
    2. Kristen - Adele's "Turning Tables" the nurse, just ok "C"
    3. Brianna -Demi Levato's "Warrior" no performance quality, she is very introverted & intense "C-"
    4. Jena - "Paint It Blake" I loved it, "B+"
    5. Bria Anai - not sure, I think "Wrong Side of Love" she got shrill, oversang "D-"
    6. Marielle - Katy Perry's "Roar" completely OTT, also flat in places "C-"
    7. Jessica - "Drink a Beer" the judges said her nerves showed but I thought it was one of the better ones "A-"
    8. Emily - Grace Potter's "Paris Ooh La La" this is the audition song Harry thought had inappropriate lyrics for her but she did it well "B"
    9. MK - John Legend's "All Of Me" this was beautiful, tied with Majesty for me "A"
    10. Malaya - Ray Charles's "Hard Times" "D"
    Last edited by taf2002; 02-19-2014 at 03:57 AM.

vCash
    That definitely was worse than I expected. They should have let America hear all twenty and picked the top ten. I have a really hard time believing that all five of the girls who were cut would have been worse than all of these girls who sang. There aren't five that I really want to go through.

Majesty Rose -- Didn't love the song choice, but I suppose it's smart to sing a more uptempo song. People will vote for her not only because of her voice, but because she comes across as adorable. I want her to go through.

Kristen -- Do not sing Adele. You'll pale in comparison, especially with phrasing like that. When she sang "I can't breathe," I couldn't help but notice that she was having breathing problems. Didn't care for her, but liked her more after hearing the rest of the girls.

Briana - I like her voice, but she seemed nervous and had problems with her triple axels.

Jena -- I wasn't expecting that, but I really liked the vocals. I'd like her to go through.

Bria -- Meh. Really not my kind of singer. She was going for a quad axel.

Marialle -- Not what I expected. Terrible song choice and arrangement. It was bad karaoke.

Jessica - I'm not sure this was the best song choice and she got a little too excited about getting chosen and a bit too nasally. But, I like her and she'd be one of my choices to go through.

Emily -- Why would someone choose a song that a judge already told her wasn't a good choice? Dumb. And what was with the clapping and trying to get the audience involved in that song? What a flake. She can sing, but she'll annoy the heck out of me if she's in the competition.

MK -- I don't think she has the greatest voice, but she is absolutely authentic and I love that she's not trying triple axels. I really hope she goes through.

Malaya -- She's got a fun personality, but her singing style just doesn't appeal to me. I liked her more tonight than I have in the past, but that doesn't say much.

vCash
    For me, I don't care as long as Majesty and MK get through. It would be nice if Briana and Malaya did, too, but they are afterthoughts for me. As a gay man, I would say that MK's performance and ACCEPTANCE was a huge moment for me in TV history. FLOVE.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    How I would rank last night:

1. Majesty Rose - Happy - I originally had her in third, but I'm listening to her now on youtube and she was the best last night. But damn, this girl better start working with those spiritual advisors! She scowled whenever the camera showed her after everybody else's performances. When others were clapping, she seemingly refused to. And when Kristin joined her on the couch, Majesty noticeably pulled away as if to say, "no touching the diva!!!" Does she not realize how much the camera is on her??

2. mk nobilette - All Of Me - The vocals were a bit shaky (nervousness) and the pitch was a bit off (getting overwhelmed in the moment)...surprised the judges didn't mention this. But her voice is so PURE. And such an honest performer. I want to hear her sing this song when the pressure is off because she can do much better than this. But I adore her voice, so I have to put her this high even though this was the least best performance she has done so far.

3. Kristen O'Connor - Turning Tables - I had Kristen in fifth but after listening to her again on youtube, I realized that she suffered from having to sing so early. But that was quite a good vocal. I would never recommend anybody covering Adele, but she held her own.

4. Emily Piriz - Paris (Ooh La La) - I thought the judges were too harsh on her. I don't like it when the judges say, "when you sat at the piano and sang a pretty ballad...you should do that every week". No one is going to win American Idol by doing the same every week. Well, that's not true, Phillip Phillips sand the exact same song every week and won!!

5. Jessica Meuse - Drink A Beer - I liked it. But nervousness did show in her voice at times. It was great that the judges said she needs to show some vulnerability because that allowed her to tear up when Ryan asked her about having a band like Rickey Minor's to work with.

So based on last night, that's my top five. I think I'd like Malaya Watson to be in the top ten, probably taking Emily's spot as Malaya has a LOT more to offer entertainment-wise.

Marrielle Sellers probably deserves a spot in the top five, bumping out Kristen. But boy, did Marrielle ever pick the wrong song..."Roar" did not show off her vocal ability at ALL.

Bria Anai is talented, I don't know what went wrong with her performance. Probably not picking a more famous song as well as simply trying too hard. She didn't need to.

Jena's "Paint It Black" was shrill and over-the-top and kinda "Rock of Ages". Really wrong song choice!

And poor Briana Oakley. It's a good thing I wrote down her name, because I never would have remembered who the tenth person in this group was. Not memorable as a person, as a singer and picking an unknown song choice was possibly the worst move she could have made. She will never be heard from again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Okay, so I get Iraheta wanting a paying gig. Gotta pay the bills, right? But WHY would the producers bring back a fellow contestant (one that made the top three!) which shows that American Idol can't provide most people with a career? (Or the career that they hoped to have.) Weird decision on the producers part...
    Um, I like to forget that Danny (that was his name, right? Total tool with glasses?) exists as well, but Allison went out fourth.

I'm still about that.

vCash
    And poor Briana Oakley. It's a good thing I wrote down her name, because I never would have remembered who the tenth person in this group was. Not memorable as a person, as a singer and picking an unknown song choice was possibly the worst move she could have made. She will never be heard from again.
    I had her placed high coming out of the auditions based on her experience, range and look. Too bad she imploded.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    4. Emily Piriz - Paris (Ooh La La) - I thought the judges were too harsh on her. I don't like it when the judges say, "when you sat at the piano and sang a pretty ballad...you should do that every week". No one is going to win American Idol by doing the same every week. Well, that's not true, Phillip Phillips sand the exact same song every week and won!!
    And Scotty. I didn't really interpret the judges' comments as saying that they wanted Emily to do the same thing each week. I think they were saying that she seemed more connected to the song in the prior performance whereas last night she looked like a phony poser who didn't know or care what the song was about. Harry made the point well with his comments about her spending hours in front of the mirror. She's the one who is going to spend more time picking out her clothes than understanding and choosing her songs.

vCash
    THE BOYS

Not as many good critiques tonight as last night. The judges were easier on them than on the girls. I agreed with most of the top 10, but more of that below. My rankings:

1. Caleb - "Stay With Me" - good energy, got the crowd clapping, sounded good "A-"
    2. C J - "Shelter" - it was suggested that he not play his guitar but he did anyway, I would like to see him without it "B"
    3. Emmanuel - "The Best of My Love" ick song choice, he is too campy for me, sounded flat 1/2 the time "D"
    4. Sam Woolf - "Babylon" I liked that he took advice, he improved his stage presence "A"
    5. George - "Grenade" completed oversang it, it was kind of desperation "C-"
    6. Dexter - "This 'Ol Boy" he sounds radio ready, smooth, relaxed "A"
    7. Alex - "Volcano" I think he's something special, his falsetto is so natural "A+"
    8. Malcom - I couldn't understand the title or much of what he sang, it was "Coming from somethingorother", he needs to enunciate more, "C-"
    9. Ben - "Let Your Soul Shine" I felt they had to choose him after that drama with Neco, he still had that stupid backwards cap & untiffed appearance "C"
    10. Spencer - "Love Don't Die" eye candy who will go much further than he deserves, voice kind of meh "C- or D"

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I didn't like the final twist pitting Ben Briley vs. Neco Starr. They are just so different. And America always votes for the WGWG, so no wonder Neco looked so miserable.
    That outcome was the most obvious happening in the history of reality television.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I had her placed high coming out of the auditions based on her experience, range and look. Too bad she imploded.
    I didn't think Briana imploded at all. I think her vocals were probably flawless. But that's the problem: "I think" and "probably"...I just don't remember. Picking an unknown song was mistake #1. Not going for a big-time makeover that would have made her stand out was mistake #2.

vCash
    Poll results
    Mjsbigblog- 1. Sam, 2. Alex, 3. Spencer, 4. Caleb, 5. CJ, 6. Ben, 7. Dexter, 8. Malcolm, 9. George, 10. Emmanuel

Tvline- 1. Sam, 2. Alex, 3. CJ, 4. Caleb, 5. Dexter, 6. Ben, 7. Malcolm, 8. Spencer, 9. George, 10. Emmanuel

Youtube views
    Sam 2127
    Alex 1793
    Spencer 1570
    CJ 1501
    Caleb 1374
    ------------
    Emmanuel 1284
    Dexter 1155
    Malcolm 1131
    George 1123
    Ben 926

Seems pretty clear-cut from the polls and youtube views that those top 5 on youtube will probably make it tomorrow, though you never know. Tough to choose who should get through as a wildcard, I wonder if they will get to sing again, its only an hour long show...on DialIdol, Malcolm has the highest busy percentage, but the top vote getters there were Spencer, Sam, and Caleb.
    Last edited by haribobo; 02-20-2014 at 11:20 AM.

vCash
    Mjsbigblog- 1. Majesty, 2. MK, 3. Malaya, 4. Jessica, 5. Jena, 6. Emily, 7. Kristen, 8. Briana, 9. Marrialle, 10. Bria

TVLine- 1. MK, 2. Majesty, 3. Jessica, 4. Malaya, 5. Jena, 6. Emily, 7. Kristen, 8. Briana, 9. Marrialle, 10. Bria

Youtube views

MK Nobilette- 49K
    Malaya Watson- 33K
    Majesty Rose- 32K
    Emily Piriz- 26K
    Marrialle Sellars- 24K
    Kristen O'Connor - 21K
    Briana Oakley- 21K
    Jessica Meuse- 20K
    Bria Anai- 20K
    Jena Irene- 19K

Jessica had by far the most votes on DialIdol, but Kristen had the highest busy percentage. Looks pretty obvious that MK, Malaya, and Majesty should make the top 5 from the above numbers, after that it gets tricky.
    Last edited by haribobo; 02-20-2014 at 11:18 AM.

vCash
    I was pleasantly surprised by the guys last night. I only fast forwarded through three of them as opposed to 5 of the girls.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Whyyyyyy was Spencer chosen over way more talented guys? Or Emmanuel? Do they never learn? He & Emmanuel are at the bottom of the TVLine poll but the fact that Spencer is #3 in youtube views scares me (he'll advance much farther just because of his looks & then he'll go out in 6th place or so & never be heard of again) & the fact that anyone wanted to hear Emmanuel's mess again confuses me. Why would anyone want to listen to either again? I'm sad that more talented guys didn't get to sing on TV. I really liked Maurice, & even Casey was better than these two guys. IMHO of course.
    Last edited by taf2002; 02-20-2014 at 10:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Ohhhhh...last night was not good...

The only performance that I really liked was Caleb Johnson - Stay With Me . I don't really like that song, but he put everything he could into it. I'm listening to it now and it doesn't sound quite as good as when you see him giving it all he's got...it's a better performance to watch than to listen to.

Second would be Sam Woolf - Babylon. Maybe a better performance than Caleb's pitch-wise, but it's a bit too subdued to listen to. But he deserves to move on.

Emmanuel Zidor - The Best Of My Love is my third favourite. Mainly because I LOVE this song. And he has a good voice. But he let the live aspect of the performance take over and the vocals suffered for it. He should have stood at the microphone rather than moving all over the place.

I should probably have Spencer Lloyd (Love Don't Die) ahead of Emmanuel. But he reeks of entitlement. He always has a semi-nasty smirk on his face, like he thinks he's better than Adam Lambert and Daughtry. Yuck.

The rest...didn't like them at all. Hated all their song choices. Blech.

Alex Preston's nasally voice...horrific. He's a great musician. He should be in a good singer's band. I can't even remember much about anybody else, which I am grateful for. Dexter Roberts has a Spencer Lloyd entitlement thing going on. Like he thinks he's really great, but Keith Urban was right when he said there are 60,000 guys across America in a cover band at some bar doing the exact same thing as him.

The only person I'm really rooting for is Caleb. Maybe Emmanuel, but he is very awkward on stage. The way he moves is very unattractive, the clothes choices are bad and his facial expressions are pained. He looks really p***ed off pretty much all the time. He needs to relax his facial muscles and smile a lot more.

vCash
    Emmanuel needs to smile more? The only time he wasn't grinning like a fool was when he got negative critiques. I also think he has an entitlement vibe. I liked "Best of My Love" back in the day but it was a really old-fashioned choice. I agree Caleb had the best stage presence.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Comment on mjsbigblog about the five men America voted into the top 10:

Spoiler

Interesting that

Spoiler

did not get voted in by America.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I was pleased overall by America's choices & by the wild cards.

Top girls:
    Majesty *
    Jessica *
    Emily
    MK *
    Malaya

Top guys:
    Caleb *
    Sam *
    Dexter *
    Alex *
    Ben

Wild Cards:
    C J *
    Jena *
    Kristen

The judges picked 5 people to sing for their lives & then picked three of them. I was shocked that Marrielle & Emmanuel wasn't picked since those 2 have had so much screen time. Bria & Spencer got to sing - that was also a surprise to me because I thought they were among the worse Tuesday & Wednesday night. Bria was just as bad again. I knew she wasn't going through. The feedback was brutal.

* These people were my picks - 9 out of 13 ain't bad.

BTW, Ryan asked the top 10 some questions before the wild cards were picked. Majesty answered the question about what she was most excited about & she said "we get to go on tour". I guess she doesn't realize that she will have to survive at least 3 eliminations & really end up in the top 10 in order to go on tour.

vCash
    taf, I basically had the same fine picks that you had. But, I still am not very excited about this season's group. I hope The Voice has a better crop of contestants. I don't think The Voice judges can be worse. I was tired of JLo before she ever came back. I like Harry, but he's far too limited in his taste in vocals.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Who I'm rooting for:

1. mk
    2. Jessica
    3. Majesty
    4. Caleb
    5. Malaya
    6. Kristen
    7. Sam
    8. Ben
    9. Emily
    10. Jena
    72. Alex
    99. C J
    100. Dexter
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast