View Poll Results: Who Have You Purchased Singles or Albums From On This List?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam Lambert

27 40.91%
  • Carrie Underwood

29 43.94%
  • Clay Aiken

22 33.33%
  • David Cook

22 33.33%
  • Daughtry

16 24.24%
  • Fantasia

7 10.61%
  • Jennifer Hudson

13 19.70%
  • Jordin Sparks

9 13.64%
  • Kellie Pickler

8 12.12%
  • Kelly Clarkson

48 72.73%
  • Ruben Studdard

6 9.09%
  • Scotty McCreery

2 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Some of my favourites from last week:

Majesty Rose: "One Two Three Four"

Spencer Lloyd: Say Something

Keri Lynn Roche - "Radioactive" and "I'd Rather Go Blind"

I liked Spencer a little less during the group day as he seemed a bit smug and diva-ish. He has the ability to hide that well, because nobody called him on it.

Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I agree, some people just don't have the personality to go around and beg to be in a group. I would hate that. I think two people were sent homw who really should have been sent though. They were better than the group. I don't really understand group week except to get rid of a bunch of people all at once.
    The group day lets the judges (and producers, probably) see which kids play well with others. Although this is a soloist competion, you want contestants who work well with each other...and can do so quickly and efficiently. A large group of people need to work together to bring as many as thirty new songs to this show every week. You need people who are quick and who are co-operative. Group day gets rid of the indecisive, the weak and the divas. Plus it gets rid of the stupid. Everybody knows there is a group day. When you're auditioning six months before group day, you should be reaching out to people and planning your group right then. Anyone who waits for the "okay everybody, find a group for tomorrow's group day!" announcement is terminally docile and has no right to stay another day.

That is all.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

The group day lets the judges (and producers, probably) see which kids play well with others. Although this is a soloist competion, you want contestants who work well with each other...and can do so quickly and efficiently. A large group of people need to work together to bring as many as thirty new songs to this show every week. You need people who are quick and who are co-operative. Group day gets rid of the indecisive, the weak and the divas. Plus it gets rid of the stupid. Everybody knows there is a group day. When you're auditioning six months before group day, you should be reaching out to people and planning your group right then. Anyone who waits for the "okay everybody, find a group for tomorrow's group day!" announcement is terminally docile and has no right to stay another day.

That is all.
    I wouldn't be waiting until the announcement, but maybe some people are afraid they'll jinx themselves if they plan too far in advance.

vCash
    And what if they plan in advance & then their group members get cut? Or sick?

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    And what if they plan in advance & then their group members get cut? Or sick?
    Back-up plan B.

Back-up plan C.

Back-up plan D.

Do you want to win this season or what, taf???

vCash
    Back-up plan B. Back-up plan C. Back-up plan D. Do you want to win this season or what, taf???
    I still remember Ruben Studdard saying that he made sure he learned the words to the Top 10 from every year from 1964 through 2000 before hitting Hollywood. Sure, he already knew a lot of the songs, but they didn't call him "human jukebox" for nothing.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I still remember Ruben Studdard saying that he made sure he learned the words to the Top 10 from every year from 1964 through 2000 before hitting Hollywood. Sure, he already knew a lot of the songs, but they didn't call him "human jukebox" for nothing.
    Now this is something you can plan in advance & very smart. So many of the contestants get there & know the words to so few songs, even current ones. I still like the groups put together by the producers after there is more people cut. There was still too many marginal ones left for group round. If more of the deadwood was cut it wouldn't matter so much who was in your group. Maybe they could just pull names out of a box or something.

vCash
    It looks like Nikki McKibbin's son got cut before Hollywood. I thought they would put him through to make a story out of it. But, I'm glad the judges made that decision.
    Last edited by moebius; 02-11-2014 at 04:17 AM.

vCash
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I guess it depends on what AI's definition of "limited voting" means. Is 500 votes per system the limit?

That's why I like how Dancing w/Stars voting works. I call in my 10 (or whatever) votes, and the system cuts me off when I hit 11. I don't even bother counting, I just keep calling until it tells me I used up all my votes. Hopefully that is how AI will work. I might even considering voting if it works that way. I don't even bother voting now because I'm not going to call for 2 straight hours like a lot of tweenagers do, so why bother voting in my handful of votes I might make while watching my 10p show then off to bed.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    New American Idol Producers Freshen Up The Song List, Allison Iraheta Joins as Backup Singer

Guess what, kids? When your career fails, you can come back to the show that made you a failure...as a back-up singer to kids who just might have a real career! Okay, so I get Iraheta wanting a paying gig. Gotta pay the bills, right? But WHY would the producers bring back a fellow contestant (one that made the top three!) which shows that American Idol can't provide most people with a career? (Or the career that they hoped to have.) Weird decision on the producers part...

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

vCash
    I really liked most of these people but I have to admit I have a soft spot for the "Alabama boys". They are all so cute & I love how they support each other. I like the girl with the pink streak a lot - is that Jessica Meuse? I don't think she is diva-like or a bitch even though they are trying to give her that edit. And Maurice & Sam are 2 of my favs.

As for MK, I don't care about her sexual orientation but what does that have to do with making yourself as unattractive as possible? Her clothes - ick. And people who wear their gimme caps backwards never have my vote. BTW, what was the deal with her bloody nose? Was she in a fight?

There are a couple of people I don't think belong in the top 30. That blonde girl who was one of the last to go thru & the one who is a nurse for the women & the 2 who were tied at the end plus that 15yr old shouldn't be there either IMO.
    Last edited by taf2002; 02-14-2014 at 09:58 PM.

vCash
    I was shocked that they didn't send Savion through. Big mistake IMO, given they sent that 20 yr old kid through who was just OK and a 15 yr old kid as well. I thought most of the girls were good but there was a girl that was kind of Joss Stone like that IMO should have made it. But I get that some of these are going through because they will get votes based on their personalities or youth. I also don't understand what the deal is with the top 15 if some of them won't even get to sing on the live show. What's the point of that. Seems pretty cruel and just for drama.

As for who of those last two is going through of the guys, It should be the country dude IMO. To me he just has more going on and is a lot better then that Casey guy they already sent through. However, i am thrilled at their being so many musicians and songwriters. They are really still putting so many contestants at a disadvantage when they don't get much coverage during the audition rounds compared to some. Much better this year but still those with the story have a better shot.

I don't think Jessica is getting the diva/bitch edit at all. I think it was pretty clear she was pretty gracious given what that crazy stage Mom was doing. She is not a giddy pretty girl like the rest but I like her dryness. She won't win but I am guessing she goes through by America votes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    I don't think Jessica is getting the diva/bitch edit at all. I think it was pretty clear she was pretty gracious given what that crazy stage Mom was doing. She is not a giddy pretty girl like the rest but I like her dryness. She won't win but I am guessing she goes through by America votes.
    Agree. People who were paying attention when the stage mom from hell was going off would have noticed that Jessica was trying to keep her mouth shut. I think the producers had a hand in that dismissal. Could you imagine that mother being around for the live shows?

vCash
    I forgot about Majesty Rose. She is one of my top 2 or 3. She is so cute besides.

vCash
    A number of the top 30 are forgettable at best. IMO, some of them were weak or bad. Personality and looks were obvious reasons some of them were chosen, but I couldn't figure out why they chose a few of them. And, yeah, some good ones, like Keri Lynn, got sent home. Overall, the decisions had me scratching my head quite a bit. But, maybe I'm in the minority. Malaya can't get off my tv soon enough. I can't stand her singing, but she's one of PeterG's favorites!

Overall, I thought the girls were better than the boys. But, I'm guessing a cute guy playing a guitar (or keyboards) will win.

vCash
    WGWG for the win!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Overall, I thought the girls were better than the boys. But, I'm guessing a cute guy playing a guitar (or keyboards) will win.
    Funny, I like more boys than girls. (Story of my life )

[quote=Aceon6)Agree. People who were paying attention when the stage mom from hell was going off would have noticed that Jessica was trying to keep her mouth shut. [/quote]

People pay attention?
    Last edited by taf2002; 02-16-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    My favourite of the Thursday show was Caleb Johnson who sang Radioactive. But I was a bit when Harry said that he was kind of Rock of Ages. Because he has a point. Last year Caleb had the short hair and dinner jacket and didn't get through, so he switched up his image. He really puts his all into it, but maybe is still exploring and hasn't hit on something that really works for him. But he's a powerhouse vocalist, so I'm glad he got through. Plus with the AI backstage people, they'll be able to help him a lot with the image side of things. He's already willing to explore, which is a big plus.

Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I like the girl with the pink streak a lot - is that Jessica Meuse? I don't think she is diva-like or a bitch even though they are trying to give her that edit.

As for MK, I don't care about her sexual orientation but what does that have to do with making yourself as unattractive as possible? Her clothes - ick.
    I like Jessica as well and they gave her a bit of a bad edit. Luckily she didn't give them much to work with. There was one shot of her giving a bit of a death glare. That shot made me wonder if people would start disliking her, it made her look a bit like the mean girl.

As for mk, some people embrace a counter-culture way of living. Living a minimal life, using only what you need and not taking more than that. Plus it's a rebellion against the impossible standards the beauty industry puts out there for females to live up to. So some women choose to go in the opposite direction, focussing on who they are as a person (and as an artist in this case) and not on how "pretty" they are.

Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    I was shocked that they didn't send Savion through.

I also don't understand what the deal is with the top 15 if some of them won't even get to sing on the live show. What's the point of that. Seems pretty cruel and just for drama.

As for who of those last two is going through of the guys, It should be the country dude IMO. To me he just has more going on and is a lot better then that Casey guy they already sent through.

I had forgotten Savion's performances. Here is his first audition and his final day performance. I agree that they made a mistake not putting him through. But often I think they hold people back a year to give them time to work on things that might make them win the next year. Candice Glove is a good example of this. We will definitely see more of Savion later.

As for some who won't get to sing on the live show, I think that's going to be based on all of the interactions the AI people have with the contestants between their being chosen up until the live shows. Specifically, who is growing, who is open to help, who is handling pressure well, who is most prepared, who has good ideas, who works well with others, who is punctual and who is always late, who has a good stage Mom and who has a stage Mom from Hell. They are all being judged still and those who fill the bill on all the things I've mentioned (and probably a lot more). Some will fail on a lot of these things and they will not get to sing live. Which I think is good, let those who are hungriest for this go on and let the slackers fall by the wayside.

I didn't like the final twist pitting Ben Briley vs. Neco Starr. They are just so different. And America always votes for the WGWG, so no wonder Neco looked so miserable. It would have been better to put the two Alabama guys against each other (Casey and C.J. I think their names are). Better yet, Casey vs. Ben as they're basically the same person. Actually Ben is much better than Casey, but they do have a lot of similarities.

vCash
    As for mk, some people embrace a counter-culture way of living. Living a minimal life, using only what you need and not taking more than that. Plus it's a rebellion against the impossible standards the beauty industry puts out there for females to live up to. So some women choose to go in the opposite direction, focussing on who they are as a person (and as an artist in this case) and not on how "pretty" they are.
    It wasn't about her bringing the pretty or not. If she was goth or covered with tattoos or something like that, that would be one thing. But how is making yourself unnecessarily unattractive a statement? Maybe I'm prejudiced because of the turned around ball-cap. Every time I see someone do that I want to punch them, especially Tony Romo who is old enough to know better. Have you ever see one person who looked cool wearing their cap like that? As for the jacket she wore on the judgement day, did she search for the most hideous one she could find? I've never seen anything like it in any store I've been in.

I didn't like the final twist pitting Ben Briley vs. Neco Starr. They are just so different. And America always votes for the WGWG, so no wonder Neco looked so miserable. It would have been better to put the two Alabama guys against each other (Casey and C.J. I think their names are). Better yet, Casey vs. Ben as they're basically the same person. Actually Ben is much better than Casey, but they do have a lot of similarities.
    I would have cut both guys. I thought they were both marginal at best. They sent home better than those 2 IMO.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast