View Poll Results: Who Have You Purchased Singles or Albums From On This List?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam Lambert

27 40.91%
  • Carrie Underwood

29 43.94%
  • Clay Aiken

22 33.33%
  • David Cook

22 33.33%
  • Daughtry

16 24.24%
  • Fantasia

7 10.61%
  • Jennifer Hudson

13 19.70%
  • Jordin Sparks

9 13.64%
  • Kellie Pickler

8 12.12%
  • Kelly Clarkson

48 72.73%
  • Ruben Studdard

6 9.09%
  • Scotty McCreery

2 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    yeah but alex's last song, they took the time to put him in a video of a subway or something, what was that about? i feel like alex is the producer's favorite (now that sam is gone).
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Jena's lucky that Caleb lost his voice. Me hoping Caleb and Alex go to the finals, but I know that Jena will one of them (yuck!).

vCash
    I don't think that Jena is their pre-determined favorite. I think that's Alex. They've gone easy on him all season. And again tonight. I love that Bastille song, but Alex's version paled in comparison to the original. They let him off easy, especially JLo. (JLo is quite good at complimenting herself, though. ) I don't like Rhianna, but I actually prefer her version of Stay to Alex's goaty version, though that's probably a result of studio magic working for Rhianna. Maybe they already know he's going to win so they don't want to be honest about Alex's performing abilities and any vocal issues he has. But I definitely don't think Jena is the one they've chosen to win or are trying to push for the win. That's Alex IMO. Alex's song choices are my cup of tea, but I have not been really impressed by a lot of his performances.

I also think they went a little easy on Caleb tonight, at least on Demons. That was not a good performance. I know he had health issues and he'll probably get some sympathy votes or a break for that, but let's be honest. Dazed and Confused was really good, though. The producers certainly made sure we knew JLo was getting into it. I sometimes wonder what Harry really thinks of JLo. I really, really wish they would get rid of her, but the producers apparently think she's the greatest thing about the show.

Creep and Dazed and Confused were my favorites of the night.

But, I think it probably will be Alex and Caleb in the finale.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Creep and Dazed and Confused were my favorites of the night. But, I think it probably will be Alex and Caleb in the finale.
    I hope you're right. Maybe Jena is last season's Angie. I cringe every time Jena sings a song from my fave band, Radiohead. She does not do that song justice. She over emotes, which is very annoying. She needs to be more subtle.

vCash
    I really hope Caleb wins but I'll buy any music he makes anyway! Love his voice!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    JLo chair-dancing to Caleb's last song was kind of obscene. I guess she forgot it's a family show. What a ho.
    An attention-grabbing move for sure. Way to make it all about herself.
    If Caleb is sent home tonight, I won't watch the final.

vCash
    I want Jena to win, ultimately, but as for the guys, I'm split. Caleb is clearly a great performer and singer, but he's unoriginal IMO and, at best, a frontman for a tribute band. Alex is extremely talented, artistic, and has a great voice, but is so meh on his performance. I want to give the edge to Alex for being an all-around singer/songwriter/artist, but I also love some of the stuff that Caleb has nailed so well vocally.

I think the slight edge for me would go to Alex.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    last wk was originally planned with each of the top 4 singing an original but the producers changed their minds. hearing each of them sing original songs back to back would have been a great idea. plus it would give us a better idea of what kind of artists they will be outside of this cover tune format.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Caleb and Jena for the final, I'm fine with either one winning but I'm leaning more with Caleb, just love his voice and style. Jena will likely be a star no matter what.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i cant remember a southerner ever losing to a non southerner on this show

although i havent really paid attention to some of the post simon seasons
    Last edited by my little pony; 05-16-2014 at 03:25 AM.

vCash
    The more I see of Caleb, the more I'm tired of his douchery ways. That hometown visit edit did him absolutely no favors. I'm bummed for Alex, except I can't see him going the Idol pop route and being happy, so I think he'll do better without.

So now, go Jena!

And why on earth would ANYONE want to see all those closeups of JHo?? Honestly? It was so pathetically obvious who the producers were favoring, as Jena and Caleb didn't have to endure what Alex did; his was the only hometown package where the split screen focused on JLo and not him. Producers, enough! Either stop with the overuse of JLo close-ups, or just rename the show Lopez Idol, already.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Sad for Alex.
    In due tine, I hope that he will get offers which will allow him to build a good career on his own.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    Caleb and Jena for the final, I'm fine with either one winning but I'm leaning more with Caleb, just love his voice and style. Jena will likely be a star no matter what.
    How many singers on AI have been stars "no matter what"? How many runners-up have had a career in the spotlight? Some have a big enough career & able to support themselves with music but I have never heard most of them on the radio even though I listen to pop & R&B when I'm alone in the car & we listen to country when my husband is with me. I have never heard any runners-up on the radio except Clay Aiken. The only winners I have ever heard is Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, David Cook, & Phillip Phillps.

Winners: Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Hicks, Jordin Sparks, David Cook, Kris Allen, Lee DeWyze, Scotty McCreery, Phillip Phillps, Candice Glover

Runners-up: Justin Guarini, Clay Aiken, Diana DeGarmo, Bo Bice, Katherine McFee, Blake Lewis, David Archeletto, Adam Lambert, Chrystal Bowersox, Lauren Alaina, Jessica Sanchez, Kree Harrison

Then there are a few 3rd & 4th & under finishers who did well: Chris Daughtry, Kellie Pickler, Melinda Doolittle, Jennifer Hudson, & Elliott Yamin & a few who have parlayed their American Idol "fame" into lame D list events. But every year there are people who say it doesn't matter who wins, they will all do well. It seldom happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    But every year there are people who say it doesn't matter who wins, they will all do well. It seldom happens.
    Typically, everyone in the top 5 or so can get signed. What they do with it is another matter entirely. The most successful non winners had quite a bit of experience in the business before AI and seem to have the drive/work ethic to maximize those contacts. Some are working in genres outside of mainstream radio. For example, Casey Abrams and Haley Reinhart have worked consistently since the show on the jazz side.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Katherine McFee, Adam Lambert, and David Archeletto have had some sucess on the radio, I've heard their songs played.

vCash
    I forgot Adam Lambert. I have heard one song by him on the radio but not Katherine or David A. And I think my husband has heard Kellie Pickler on his station. I wasn't saying none of them have a career. But not a visible (at least to me) career.

vCash
    I guess I have a different perspective as several family members have chosen careers in the performing arts. Since the average union member makes less than $10,000 per year, anyone who's able to pay the bills and afford health insurance is a "success" to me.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Again, I wasn't saying they aren't successful in life but that obviously wasn't their only goal or they wouldn't have gone on American Idol. Most of them talk as though they want fame, they all mention they want their message heard. Look at Josh on The Voice. He clearly has a life he loves but he still had a burning desire to have his music heard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i cant remember a southerner ever losing to a non southerner on this show
    That's my recollection as well. My money is on Caleb winning.

I think Caleb needs to win to get signed to a major label. The music industry has changed and Idol's viewership and influence has changed. it's hard for AI finalists to get signed these days. Was anyone besides Candace signed from last season?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    I'm bummed for Alex, except I can't see him going the Idol pop route and being happy, so I think he'll do better without.
    He sang a lot of contemporary pop songs this season and they suited him perfectly. To me, it's Caleb that I can't see going the pop route. Also, I think Alex would benefit from the training he would get from winning and being signed to a major label. I think what did Alex in was his lack of charisma and personality on an off stage. They kept telling me that he was an artist, but I never bought it. He bored me to tears even though his musical taste is more up my alley than many of the others. So, strangely enough, I think he'd do better with a label. I can easily see what they would do with him musically. I have no idea what they'll do with Caleb. But, I think Caleb, Alex, and Jena all could at least support themselves with their music after the show.

vCash
    I think Jena will win even though I don't particularly like her. But if she does win maybe they'll give her elocution lessons.

I don't care who wins out of these 3. I loved Alex's original song during his homecoming package (sans the split-screen of JLo) but didn't like most of his performances during the show. All my favs went home a long time ago. For the 1st time I won't watch Wed night. I'll probably watch Thursday just because the finale show is usually entertaining.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast