View Poll Results: Who Have You Purchased Singles or Albums From On This List?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam Lambert

27 40.91%
  • Carrie Underwood

29 43.94%
  • Clay Aiken

22 33.33%
  • David Cook

22 33.33%
  • Daughtry

16 24.24%
  • Fantasia

7 10.61%
  • Jennifer Hudson

13 19.70%
  • Jordin Sparks

9 13.64%
  • Kellie Pickler

8 12.12%
  • Kelly Clarkson

48 72.73%
  • Ruben Studdard

6 9.09%
  • Scotty McCreery

2 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    It's been years since I watched American Idol. I decided to watch again for Harry Connick Jr. I'm not disappointed - I love him as a judge!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    My favourite audition from Wednesday's show: Savion Wright (Both Sides Of Me)

And one that might surprise everyone as it was presented as someone to be mocked: James Earl - Everything In Life Yes, he is different and he made a mistake with using different voices for this one song. But his pitch was much more on the mark than other people and he showed good range even though it came off as strange. If they had put him through to Hollywood and let him learn from all the people available to him, he could have grown a lot and learned to iron out all the weird (in a bad way) stuff. I'm not saying he deserved to be in the top 24, but with some work, who knows what his future could hold?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Harry Connick, Jr. has sucked me back into the show.

Damn him.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Wow time flies by really fast when you see Nikki McKibben's son auditioning for the show. Nikki looks more like his big sister than his mother. Still pissed that she placed higher than Tamyra Gray. Let's see if Fantasia's daughter will audition for the show.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Great chemistry among the judges! Go AI for taking a harsh look at their product.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    Great chemistry among the judges! Go AI for taking a harsh look at their product.
    I agree, they changed many things for the better. Less crazies.

I do wish they would take out the results show all together and kick someone off at the beginning of the next show, then just start right in with the singing. Enough drama already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    My favourite audition from Wednesday's show: Savion Wright (Both Sides Of Me)
    I was impressed with him an his story. Anyone who can come on with an original song and get my interest is good.

And to answer your question about buying any of the winners music - I do not buy much music at all. The only music I have purchased after a win on a show is Pentatonix from The Sing Off.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    I have bought a lot more music from non-winners than from winners. I buy the weekly iTunes downloads from The Voice more than I have AI in the past but I do buy from both shows. If I feel passionate about a contestant then I show it with a purchase. When I use my iPod at the gym it has a great mix of songs I probably won't hear on the radio & that keeps me moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I knew the runs were going to be a big issue for Harry. I tend to agree with him, but I feel that he focuses on it a bit too much. However, there's no question that he is a huge improvement over Randy. I can't believe they kept Randy on for so long.
    Randy will be back. I'm dreading it.

The one time Harry made such a big deal about the runs he was absolutely right - that girl was horrible. I sure didn't notice him focusing on it. But if he does, good. I hate that pretentious stuff.

So far this panel is a huge improvement over not just last year but the last 4 or 5 years other than JLo. Harry & Keith together are fun. They need someone with some personality between them. I wish they would get Melinda Doolittle. She's done AI recaps on TVLine & she is so right on the money while being nice about it & funny too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Randy will be back. I'm dreading it.
    Randy can't seem to leave Idol. I thought he was gone for good.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I had three favourites from Thursday night's show. Unfortunately my favourite doesn't have her audition song shown, but only her gold ticket interview...

Road to Hollywood: Emkay Nobilette

But I did find this other clip, where she uses a different surname. Oh. My. God. AMAZING: Emkay Brazil at Kate Wolf Fest 2012

And I thought Nikki's song was really good. Harry didn't give him a yes though, right?

Tristen Langley - Santeria

And lastly, David Luning doing an original. He might be an acquired taste for some, but he's real and passionate and I like that when so many people so far are very much lacking in depth.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    And I thought Nikki's song was really good. Harry didn't give him a yes though, right?

Tristen Langley - Santeria

harry said no. but of course he is going through, i can see the promos now.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    It's been years since I watched American Idol. I decided to watch again for Harry Connick Jr. I'm not disappointed - I love him as a judge!
    I have a crush on Harry. I had to watch it. I love him. He ages so well right ?
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    All the contestants who didn't get 3 yeses have another process to go through before they can join the ones with 3 yeses. I have a feeling that a lot of the ones that Harry didn't give a yes to will be gone.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I'm really enjoying the lack of public humiliation bits they are putting in the audition shows. Just focussing on the talent, yippee!! My favourite last night was not mentioned by name. He was the guy who gave his guitar to Keith Urban, who played "Waiting For The World To Change" while he sang. On the American Idol youtube channel, I could not find this audition, but I'm pretty sure this is the guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOSrb4uDTHU

My second favourite audition was Malaya Watson singing Ain't No Way. I found that a lot of the performances were well rehearsed but lacking any real genuine quality. Malaya was the opposite, so real. Love her!

Sydney Arterbridge singing Lovin' You was amazing. It was hilarious with Harry setting up the big note at the end. She might have missed it a teensy bit, but it's such a tough note to hit, even getting it 90% right is a big accomplishment.

And my other favourite is Bryan Watt covering Carrie's So Small. He just sang the song, trusted the melody and didn't over-do it. That might be the first time someone didn't over-do a Carrie Underwood song!!

I haven't watched Thursday's show, I'll post my favourites for that one once I'm caught up.

vCash
    I liked all those too Peter. I think my fav was Maurice, the church music director with the 4 small adorable children. I have never been so taken with an audition before. I hope he makes the live rounds so I can vote my fingers off for him.

(Ooh, I probably just gave him the kiss of death. Don't listen AIgods.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I liked all those too Peter. I think my fav was Maurice, the church music director with the 4 small adorable children. I have never been so taken with an audition before. I hope he makes the live rounds so I can vote my fingers off for him.

(Ooh, I probably just gave him the kiss of death. Don't listen AIgods.)
    The judges were delighted with/for him!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    What's the thinking behind believing someone is a hero for going out on the road for 300 days a year to support their children? Isn't it more heroic to get a job at the local grocery store, go home to your kids each and every day and then go to wherever you can and sing and play music? I just don't get how the judges fawn over people who basically abandon their children...

Other than that, I am enjoying this season of Guitar Idol. Although one of last night's contestants did not have a guitar. How did they get through???

My favourite last night was Jessica Bassett who did a song I didn't know (but do you remember the lyrics referencing someone as a Russian girl and missing her sarcasm). Her pitch was the best I've heard in...forever probably. But she didn't make it through!!

Kasandra Castaneda who sang Chasing Pavement was quite amazing. Again, Harry said no to her. What is up with him??? She was amazing.

And I really liked Samantha Calmes, but after listening to her again with her youtube clip, I found it to not sound as rich as it did last night, a bit flat actually. But I'll cut people some slack for it being an audition piece when nerves are at an all-time high.

By the way, I liked what Keith said, something along the lines of, "if it's a true dream....it's uncrushable" (in reference to the judges having to be tough on people at times and saying no to them).

vCash
    There are a number of very talented singers this year.
    Those elimination rounds are going to be brutal.

vCash
    I don't find JLo very effective. It appears that she lets the story & the package affect her judging of the singing. It doesn't take much to give her "goosies", esp if it's a guy. I agreed with every one of Harry's no votes. I really liked the judging the time that Jennifer was late & it was just Harry & Keith.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast