View Poll Results: Who Have You Purchased Singles or Albums From On This List?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam Lambert

27 40.91%
  • Carrie Underwood

29 43.94%
  • Clay Aiken

22 33.33%
  • David Cook

22 33.33%
  • Daughtry

16 24.24%
  • Fantasia

7 10.61%
  • Jennifer Hudson

13 19.70%
  • Jordin Sparks

9 13.64%
  • Kellie Pickler

8 12.12%
  • Kelly Clarkson

48 72.73%
  • Ruben Studdard

6 9.09%
  • Scotty McCreery

2 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

vCash
    I think Jessica is probably toast this coming week and then Sam will follow her, leaving Caleb, Alex and Jena as the final 3. I don't know who will win but, imo, Caleb is by far the best and the ONLY one in the top 10 I would actually pay to go see in concert. I think he would put on a great show.

vCash
    Is there a choice of "none of the above"? This is not an impressive bunch. I have no idea why I'm still watching.

vCash
    You might change your mind after tonight. Caleb was absolute KILLER with Whitesnake's "In the Still of the Night", Alex did "Say Something", was fantastic, and Jessica did an amazing "Summertime Sadness". It was a great night of singing.

vCash
    There were some really good performances but also some pretty bad. Here's the list & my grades-

Alex Preston: The Neighbourhood’s “Sweater Weather” — Grade: A-
    Caleb Johnson: Aerosmith’s “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” — Grade: A
    Jena, Alex & Sam: “Best Day of My Life” —
    Jessica Meuse: Christina Perri’s “Human” — Grade: A
    Sam Woolf: Ed Sheeran’s “Sing” — Grade: B-
    Jena Irene: Young the Giant’s “My Body” — Grade: C
    Caleb & Jessica: The Rolling Stones’ “Beast of Burden” —
    Alex Preston: A Great Big World (feat. Christina Aguilera)’s “Say Something” — Grade: A+
    Jena Irene: Amy Winehouse’s “Valerie” — Grade: D
    Sam Woolf: The Fray’s “How to Save a Life” — Grade: D-
    Jessica Meuse: Lana del Rey’s “Summertime Sadness” — Grade: B
    Caleb Johnson: Whitesnake’s “Still of the Night” -- Grade A+

I thought Jena was the worst tonight, followed by Sam. On Jena's 1st song she sounded like she had a mouth full of mush. I couldn't understand hardly any of the words. The 2nd song she just sounded lost. Sam's 1st song was an improvement for him but the 2nd was completely pitchy. Only Harry abandoned the producer's line & called him out on it. Besides all the bad notes, he was incredibly dull. Maybe singing 2 solos + a duet/trio is a mistake.

vCash
    I wish that when it comes down to the top 6/7, Voice and Idol should cut the show to 1hr. It's tedious to watch the fillers/fluff and the singers sing twice.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Still makes me sad to see Allison Iraheta as a background singer. I really liked her. (Happy she's got a paying job though!)

vCash
    Me too. I wish that occasionally a contestant would pull a "Melinda Doolittle" & have the backup singer(s) be in the frame instead of in the dark in the background. Alex's duet on Say Something would have been better IMO if the girl had been next to him. It was distracting-I kept looking at her instead of him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Me too. I wish that occasionally a contestant would pull a "Melinda Doolittle" & have the backup singer(s) be in the frame instead of in the dark in the background. Alex's duet on Say Something would have been better IMO if the girl had been next to him. It was distracting-I kept looking at her instead of him.
    Funny. I liked it. Because her silhouette made the lyrics more poignant to me. Like the woman he was singing about was feeling the same as he was but they weren't able to say it to each other.

vCash
    I love Caleb more and more each week. His voice is amazing. And he has confidence without arrogance or entitlement - he just knows that he is talented.

vCash
    I like Caleb a lot but I just read on Yahoo that he had not charted even once on the iTunes top 200. I found this very surprising until I realized that most of his songs have been old rock songs. Alex charted this week at #43 with Say Something, Jessica at #148 with Summertime Sadness & () Sam at #165 with How To Save A Life. Maybe he sang in tune on the studio version.

For all the love Jena gets she didn't chart on either song. I can see why the teens might like her but her lack of enunciation has gotten to bother me more & more. I really don't want either her or Sam in the final 3.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    My rankings for last night:

1. Caleb - I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
    2. Caleb - Still Of The Night
    3. Jessica - Human
    4. Jena - Valerie
    5. Alex - Say Something (I almost had him last for those atrocious pants...and sockless feet, egads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    6. Sam - Sing (how was he not completely boring for once??)
    7. Jena - My Body
    8. Alex - ...sweater something...
    9. Jessica - Summertime something....
    10. Sam - How To Save A Life - thank you America for giving Sam such a non-competition type song. You succeeded America, in getting Sam off of American Idol. This fan of Jess thanks you greatly.

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Good grief. I can't believe how far the producers went to try to keep Sam on the show. Why?! I'm so glad their latest attempt at manipulation failed.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^^ I said the same thing!! And really, it wouldn't have saved him. He still would have been one of the two voted out next week if their little scheme would not have backfired. They probably figured they all would vote to 'stay together' one more week. HA! I wonder who the two were that voted to go with the vote tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I wonder who the two were that voted to go with the vote tonight.
    My guess - Alex and Caleb. Jess and Sam would have voted to save themselves. Gena could have voted either way.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Normally I'm not glad when I'm wrong, but I am kinda...they sent Sam home. I thought his teen girl fanbase would keep him there, but they didn't. His performances were very uninspiring. I love that Ed Sheeran song, and he made it sound like something from a lounge singer on a Carnival cruise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    ^^ I said the same thing!! And really, it wouldn't have saved him. He still would have been one of the two voted out next week if their little scheme would not have backfired. They probably figured they all would vote to 'stay together' one more week. HA! I wonder who the two were that voted to go with the vote tonight.
    Lyndsey Parker said in her column that Alex & Jena admitted backstage that they voted no. I don't know why I said admitted. They should have all voted no. What a pathetic "twist" that was clearly a ploy to have Sam stay around another week while his fans rallied to save him. Would they have done this if Jessica had been the bottom vote-getter?

vCash
    Sam was caught by surprise.
    He shouldn't have been.

When they said that the vote had to be unanimous, I was sure someone would vote against the "reprieve".

vCash
    Yeah, and he was saved already. So apparently they wanted him off a couple of weeks ago.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Lyndsey Parker said in her column that Alex & Jena admitted backstage that they voted no. I don't know why I said admitted. They should have all voted no. What a pathetic "twist" that was clearly a ploy to have Sam stay around another week while his fans rallied to save him. Would they have done this if Jessica had been the bottom vote-getter?
    as soon as they explained the twist, i knew sam was last. they wouldnt go through all that if jessica had been last.

im glad someone had the confidence to vote no
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    BTW, apparently Miss Thang thinks she is in the Cher/Madonna/Rhianna mold....when she wins AI & gets famous she is planning to go by just Jena, because you know if someone sees the name Jena they will automatically know who it is. I find her very arrogant. I suspect she was in the bottom 2 with Sam this week.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast