View Poll Results: Who Have You Purchased Singles or Albums From On This List?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam Lambert

27 40.91%
  • Carrie Underwood

29 43.94%
  • Clay Aiken

22 33.33%
  • David Cook

22 33.33%
  • Daughtry

16 24.24%
  • Fantasia

7 10.61%
  • Jennifer Hudson

13 19.70%
  • Jordin Sparks

9 13.64%
  • Kellie Pickler

8 12.12%
  • Kelly Clarkson

48 72.73%
  • Ruben Studdard

6 9.09%
  • Scotty McCreery

2 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i think caleb looks like the spawn of meatloaf, and he's done ok.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    The judges/producers almost got what they wanted. The busing of Jessica has gotten ridiculous.
    I had to google "busing". It's a verb (slang?) meaning to throw one under the bus. (Just in case others are when they read this term! )

I don't think anyone on the show wants Jessica gone. I think what they were trying to do was:

1. Push Jessica harder than say Dexter or C.J. because she has more potential than they do and probably has the ability to change more than those two. And maybe others are developing at an appreciated pace, but they feel Jessica needs a harder push to keep growing. I can't disagree with this. I think Jessica has Miranda Lambert-like potential, but she has a mannequin-ish quality to her that she really needs to shake off. She's doing well with the smiling more bit, but it's a frozen, plastered-on smile that starts to look disingenuous after a while.

2. Reverse psychology voting. Being so hard on one performer who is clearly better than half the other contestants can make fans of this person vote more. I remember thinking Simon used to do this somewhat often. In this case, it didn't work out as Jessica ended up in the bottom two. I wondered if the AI people were shocked by this. I bet they will lighten up on their critiques of Jessica in the upcoming weeks as this ploy did not work the way they wanted.

I had a third thought, but it's gone now.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I disagree PeterG. They have been overly hard on Jessica for weeks now. They aren't nearly as hard on others who have shown similar rates of improvement in their performance quality. They haven't been horribly insulting to her, so I don't think they've been trying reverse psychology. I think they want Jessica gone and want Sam and Alex to stick around.

vCash
    Top six:

1. Jena - Barracuda A- only problem is she still doesn't enunciate

2. Sam - It's Time B- tone was good but still bland performance-wise

3. CJ - American Woman C- hate that song - not his genre, he was uncomfortable

4. Alex - Animal A- really good

5. Caleb - Sting Me A+ he's a beast!

6. Jessica - Somebody to Love A excellent but no originality

7. Sam - You're Still The One C blander than the first one

8. Caleb - Undo It B+ song didn't suit him

9. Alex - You Were Always on My Mind B didn't like the falsetto at the end

10. Jena - So Small C this was kind of a mess

11. CJ - Whatever It Is - D- he was completely out of tune

12. Jolene - A+ this was the best I've ever heard this song sung by anyone other than Dolly & I loved the arrangement

vCash
    Time for CJ to go. Caleb and Jena still my top two, Caleb was the best tonight. Sam was good, I just love his voice. Alex was okay, really enjoyed Jessica's "Jolene".

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    uhm .... did Keith like totally slam Carrie Underwood with his comment about Caleb's second song? He said something along the lines of .... 'That was good. I can't wait to hear your country song tonight.' Or maybe it was a snarky comment about Caleb making everything sound like rock. But I thought it was a slam on Carrie.

GRUMPY CAT!!!

vCash
    CJ's exit is long overdue. If he doesn't go, I hope Sam does. I didn't think he sounded good, and he still looks too uncomfortable.

I didn't think Keith was slamming Carrie. That would be a stupid thing for any country singer to do. I though he was making the point that Caleb made it sound not at all country.

My final three would be Jena, Caleb, and Jessica.

vCash
    I'm hearing whispers of "shocking" to describe tonight's results on Twitter. For whatever that's worth...
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    My top two performances tonight were Caleb's "Sting Me" and Jena's "Barracuda". I liked Jena's vocals on that song (TOUGH song to sing!) but I wanted her to show a bit more originality as well as forcefulness. So I'd have to give Caleb the edge even though I don't know that song and don't know if I really care for it. But he rocked it out with that song, though!

My least favourite performances were C.J.'s "American Woman and...C.J.'s "Whatever It Takes". During both performances I got a lot of work done on updating my To Do lists and reviewing my datebook.

Surprises were Sam (almost spelled that "Same") on "You're Still The One"...he sounded pretty decent on that. But I looooove that song, so that helped him I'm sure. Alex on "Animal"...that's his worst performance ever on this show. Did much better with Always On My Mind, though.

I agree with Keith's comment about, "I can't wait to hear your country song". NOBODY sounded country to me. That was really disappointing. I wanted someone to have a banjo player and someone with steel guitar on either side of them and go full-tilt country. Jessica did a good cover of Jolene, but that arrangement was very little country! And Caleb had the opportunity to show his range and diversity as a performer and he totally blew it. He made "Undo It" sound like everything else he has ever done. Caleb really needs to switch things up, or he might as well hand the title over to Jena right now.

vCash
    Oh Idol, you reeled me in with your allegations of "shocking" elimination.

This was way over due. But I like CJ's passion about music, and I think he could still make a living, perhaps as a songwriter or a musician. Maybe vocal lessons could help him stay on pitch. Either way, his tears made me a little teary myself.

Meanwhile, it's good to have a top 5 who are all talented singers.
    Last edited by Kruss; 04-25-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Despite his pitch problems, I think CJ should have lasted longer than Sam. To me Sam is worst than Tim Urban (remember him?). The worst part of tonight was the camera constantly cutting to JLo & her fake tears. GMAFB! Did they squirt onion juice in her eyes or what? One second the camera was on her, it cut away for a millisecond & then went back to her & her eyelashes were all wet.

Poor Jessica just can't get no respect from these judges. In what universe did Sam out-sing her? But Keith as much as said she was the weak link Wednesday night & that she belonged in the bottom 2.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    even for teen bait, sam is pretty anemic. he couldnt even make the cover of lisa simpson's non threatening boys magazine.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I am predicting a showdown between Caleb and Sam...the bluesy rocker vs. the teen idol.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I'm preparing myself for the disappointment of Jessica going home before Sam...

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I am predicting a showdown between Caleb and Sam...the bluesy rocker vs. the teen idol.
    Sam will go home in fourth place. (Fifth place if we're lucky.) Caleb and Alex are the only two that have never been in the bottom three. Jena was once, but only way back before people got to know how AWESOME she is. Sam has been in the bottom 3 on three different occasions. So I predict Caleb and Jena as the top two, but sometimes rockers don't get votes like others do, so there could be a surprise elimination with Caleb going home in third place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Sam will go home in fourth place. (Fifth place if we're lucky.) Caleb and Alex are the only two that have never been in the bottom three. Jena was once, but only way back before people got to know how AWESOME she is. Sam has been in the bottom 3 on three different occasions. So I predict Caleb and Jena as the top two, but sometimes rockers don't get votes like others do, so there could be a surprise elimination with Caleb going home in third place.
    If AI keeps with tradition since season 3, the best set of pipes goes out in 3rd or 4th, cute finishes 2nd, and the winner is competent, but not the strongest singer.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Sam will go home in fourth place. (Fifth place if we're lucky.) .
    SHOULD he go home in fourth or fifth? Hell yes. He's photogenic, but bland and uninspiring as a performer (though he can sing a little). WILL he go home? No, because they like him. And teen girls will be calling and texting in to save his ass.

vCash
    I must be crazy because I don't think he's all that cute. And his singing is zzzzzzzzzzzz. To me bland is much much worse than someone who occasionally sings off-key or strains to reach a note. I think the screaming girls are screaming because they got on TV not because Sam has any sex appeal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Despite his pitch problems, I think CJ should have lasted longer than Sam. To me Sam is worst than Tim Urban (remember him?).
    I remember Tim! I actually liked him when he sang well. He's much cuter and has more personality than Sam too! Sam looks like a deer in headlights all the time. And he sings so timid too.

vCash
    I fear that Sam will win. Even worse, that he will knock Caleb (the rightful winner) out of the top 2. Sam should never have been saved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    I fear that Sam will win. Even worse, that he will knock Caleb (the rightful winner) out of the top 2. Sam should never have been saved.
    I doubt it, maybe top 2 (even though not deserved). I think Jena will win (don't really like her voice and interpretation though), but hoping Caleb will win.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast