View Poll Results: Who Have You Purchased Singles or Albums From On This List?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam Lambert

27 40.91%
  • Carrie Underwood

29 43.94%
  • Clay Aiken

22 33.33%
  • David Cook

22 33.33%
  • Daughtry

16 24.24%
  • Fantasia

7 10.61%
  • Jennifer Hudson

13 19.70%
  • Jordin Sparks

9 13.64%
  • Kellie Pickler

8 12.12%
  • Kelly Clarkson

48 72.73%
  • Ruben Studdard

6 9.09%
  • Scotty McCreery

2 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Now I'm kind of glad they used the save last week, so they couldn't use it this week.

vCash
    PeterG, your rankings are so bizarro world compared to mine this week! Although I shouldn't be surprised, we always disagree.

My rankings for this week-
    1. Jena- she sounded amazing for most of this song, I loved it
    2. Jessica- vocally, I was pretty happy with this, but I do wish she had more fire in her presentation, Jena needs to teach her how to wiggle and shimmy.
    3. Caleb- it was good but I was a little bored, I think its just that song.
    4. Sam- huge step up in terms of looking at the camera with attitude, vocal was pretty great.
    5. CJ- yes, tuning issues again, but it had this sort of afternoon at the ski slope bar kind of appeal to it
    6. Alex- hard to figure out where to place this one because it was sort of great and terrible all at the same time. He lacks variety in a major way. I was bored.
    7. Dexter- that was solid but I didn't care about it at all.
    8. Malaya- it was all over the place for me, I respect her attempts at difficulty but the chorus sounded like trash, honestly.

Best duet for me was Jena and Caleb, I thought it was electric and lovely. I didn't care about the other ones at all- and the Malaya-CJ one was ridiculous.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    PeterG, your rankings are so bizarro world compared to mine this week! Although I shouldn't be surprised, we always disagree.
    Stick with me kid, I'll set ya straight. Umm...so to speak...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I disagree with both of you:

1. Caleb
    2. Caleb & Jena
    3. Jessica & Dexter

4. Alex
    5. Jena
    6. Jessica

7. CJ
    8. Dexter
    9. Sam & Alex

10. Malaya
    11. Sam zzzzzzzzzzz
    12. CJ & Malaya

I think the right person went home. I also would have been ok with Sam, Dexter, or CJ. But Malaya was the youngest & the most unready for this.

vCash
    Jena was amazing tonight, she was by far the one that brought it. Made me buy her song on itunes! I love Caleb but Jena should win this.

vCash
    I loved Caleb, CJ, & Alex tonight.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Nuts. I fell asleep and missed Jena and Alex. Of those I saw, I liked CJ the best.

The guitarist featured in the earlier solos looked familiar. Does anyone know who he is?

vCash
    The unrelenting busing of Jessica has made me lose all respect for Harry. (I never had any for JLo - her critiques are entirely expected, she always picks one girl on the show & then goes for the throat.) I don't remember what else was suggested for Jessica other than Gunpowder & Lead but I think it was a bad selection for her. But did Sam get criticism for his pick for her the way she got criticism for her pick for him? Of course not.

Sam got his best critique so far from Keith & JLo but Harry just had to say that the song selected by Jessica was bad??? And then Jessica was singled out in the feedback of the trio when Dexter wasn't nearly as good & CJ was pretty bad. It's so blatant that it appears to be bullying & gives me flashbacks of Haley Reinhart's season on AI.

To be honest, I didn't think Jessica did a great job on her solo but why do they come down so hard on her & give Sam a pass? Saying he's making progress isn't saying he was good. IMO he was still zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. The worst part is that they give her advice & then when she takes it they change tactics & criticize that. And what was the deal about showing that scene from Hollywood week? To remind us that Jessica is a bitch?

vCash
    Welcome to producer manipulation 101. Ratings are down so they stir things up to get folks talking about the show.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    My rankings from last night:

1. Caleb and Jena, Gimme Shelter. I found their version rather predictable...which is really good because they are both so good, but I wanted something more from them. That's what they gave me in the final moments of the song when they both wailed. Just wish the rest of the performance had that originality and that power.

2. Jessica, Gunpowder and Lead. Don't know what the judges were drinkin'.

3. Caleb, Family Tree. Solid vocal as usual.

4. Jena, Creep. Watching this made me think I was watching a pro perform at an awards show. She is really great. I just don't like this song. But when she slowed it down for the end, I could only think, "wow!"

5. Jessica, C.J. and Dexter, Compass. I love this song, so it was easy for me to enjoy what they did with it. I thought all sounded good in their individual parts and I didn't hear bad harmonies. Maybe it sounded different for Harry in the auditorium than it did for me over the airwaves.

6. Alex, The A-Team. Acceptable. But it made me want to hear mk sing this song instead.

7. Dexter, Muckalee Creek Water. Pretty good.

8. Sam, Sail Away. Sail away then...go on!

9. C.J., Gravity. I missed out on a washroom break staying to listen to this...

10. Alex and Sam, Let Her Go.

vCash
    The judges/producers almost got what they wanted. The busing of Jessica has gotten ridiculous. Using the save on Sam was bad enough, but the excuses and downplaying of his issues is so annoying. Ignoring Alex's charisma problems while harping on Jessica's performance issues is also annoying. I don't know why they want to get rid of Jessica and ignore the flaws some of the guys, but I guess they think that WGWGs are the only thing keeping the ratings from sinking even further. And I guess they think the audience won't be put off by the manipulation and the lack of honesty and integrity.

vCash
    I'm beginning to think CJ is going to win the whole damn thing. Wouldn't be the first time someone won who can't sing consistently.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    Jena was amazing tonight, she was by far the one that brought it. Made me buy her song on itunes! I love Caleb but Jena should win this.
    I hope they're the top two. I'd like Jessica in third, but after her bottom two appearance, I'm afraid she might leave a lot earlier than she should.

Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I loved ... CJ ... tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    Of those I saw, I liked CJ the best.

vCash
    CJ's recordings are very good.

vCash
    Is CJ the one who has trouble staying on pitch?

vCash
    Team Caleb. I love his voice and he has loads of focus and confidence that come across quite strongly to me. His voice is amazing.

vCash
    I think Caleb will have some success ala Daughtry but I'm not sure about the others. Maybe Alex on the indie circuit but I think the person who had the most potential is gone - Majesty Rose. She was pretty inexperienced but if she had gotten decent mentoring I think she could have been successful/commercial.

vCash
    Caleb is one of my favorites, but I don't see him having Daughtry's kind of success. Caleb is less contemporary and not as good-looking and the reality is that this will make a difference. I agree that Majesty Rose had more potential for commercial success, but she made some major mistakes in song choices. Of the remaining contestants, I think that Jena has the most potential for commercial success. But, I don't expect any huge successes for anyone this season.

vCash
    Daughtry good-looking? To each his own I guess. I don't think he's bad looking but I think Caleb is cuter..

I think Jena has potential for success with the teens. She has little appeal for me.
    Last edited by taf2002; 04-20-2014 at 01:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Daughtry good-looking? To each his own I guess. I don't think he's bad looking but I think Caleb is cuter..

I think Jena has potential for success with the teens. She has little appeal for me.
    I think Caleb is cute too, but I like Daughtry. There is nothing wrong with Caleb's looks or voice. There are lots of less attractive singers out there who have had loads of success. Mick Jagger anyone?

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast