View Poll Results: Who Have You Purchased Singles or Albums From On This List?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam Lambert

27 40.91%
  • Carrie Underwood

29 43.94%
  • Clay Aiken

22 33.33%
  • David Cook

22 33.33%
  • Daughtry

16 24.24%
  • Fantasia

7 10.61%
  • Jennifer Hudson

13 19.70%
  • Jordin Sparks

9 13.64%
  • Kellie Pickler

8 12.12%
  • Kelly Clarkson

48 72.73%
  • Ruben Studdard

6 9.09%
  • Scotty McCreery

2 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    My rankings for Wednesday:

1. Jessica solo - what a way to start the show!

2. Jessica and Caleb - I think Jessica out-performed Caleb??

3. Dexter - WTF??? How am I ranking Dexter so high? I hate Dexter!! But he was as good on Wednesday as he has been with ALL of his previous performances combined

4. Jena solo - hated her version, but the vocal was flawless

5. Sam solo - boring as ****, but a good vocal

6. Jena and Alex - Alright, but not great.

7. CALEB - CHAIN OF FOOLS - STOP YELLING AT US ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!! Harry is right, Caleb just keeps doing the same thing over and over and over. He needs to diversify.

8. Malaya solo - perhaps her worst vocal so far??

9. Alex solo - same as Caleb, he's starting to sound the same week after week

10. Sam and Malaya - they needed more rehearsal time on that one!

11. C.J. solo - really bad...

12. C.J. and Dexter - in the history of television, has there ever been a more horrifically horrible musical number performed?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I find it annoying that they didn't use the save on Majesty, but used in on Sam. Yeah, save the sweet young WGWG even though he's shown virtually no creativity, improvement, or connection to his music and has been overrated since the beginning. I'll be even more annoyed if one of the better singers gets the boot next week because there is no save left.
    Agree too.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    different seasons but teen beat got a save and daughtry didnt, if my memory is correct. that's wild.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Didn't Daughtry compete before they had a save option?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    quite possibly but in my head it is going down as a great wrong anyway
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Just watched DVR Idol from Wed. PML at Harry (with JLo right next to him) telling CJ the reason he tells him to work on pitch is because if/when he gets a record contract, if he's not in tune the record company will autotune him 'and suck the life out of your voice'!!!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I was just curious. She irritates me too and I couldn't put my finger on exactly why.
    I think Malaya is very much a free spirit and unfiltered. We've all been taught to "behave" in various ways throughout our lives and for those of us who found those "life lessons" to be too restrictive can feel irritated when someone crosses our path who totally rejected all those "rules". Not sure if this is true for any of us, but I'm sure there are a lot of viewers who are put off by Malaya for this reason.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    I like Malaya, and for 16 I find her music skills and vocal abilities pretty sound. Maybe I just identify with nerds too much?

to the judges for saving Sam though. I think they feared the ratings might tank farther if they tween-heartthrob was eliminated though. He's a cute kid, very marketable, but his music screams coffeehouse not ampitheatre.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I STILL think she'll be a better singer when those stinking braces come off.

They saved Sam...you gotta love the teen idol demographic.

vCash
    The teenage demographic drives the music industry, on every level; so, it's little wonder he was saved!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    Just watched DVR Idol from Wed. PML at Harry (with JLo right next to him) telling CJ the reason he tells him to work on pitch is because if/when he gets a record contract, if he's not in tune the record company will autotune him 'and suck the life out of your voice'!!!
    That was my favorite part.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    I like Malaya, and for 16 I find her music skills and vocal abilities pretty sound. Maybe I just identify with nerds too much?

to the judges for saving Sam though. I think they feared the ratings might tank farther if they tween-heartthrob was eliminated though. He's a cute kid, very marketable, but his music screams coffeehouse not ampitheatre.
    If the tweens are actually voting for him, then he wouldn't be in the bottom 3 twice.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    Jena and Calab are still my faves and I loved Alex's original song.
    I'm not sure if Jena will win this, but she might become the biggest star from this season. She can perform dance music as well as rock music and can do ballads as well. She writes her own music and she plays the piano (and maybe other instruments). She changes up her look each week and always looks amazing. She involves the audience probably more than anyone else.

I say that Jena might not win because the audience didn't vote her into the top 13 and in the Top 12 week she was in the bottom three (but safe since then). I'm hoping that it just took a while for America to warm up to her and now she doesn't need to worry about being in the bottom three for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    We recently returned from a caribbean cruise and the entertainment of their singers and dancers was just top notch. All " no name" as far as I could tell (except for the special guests) but these kids can really sing. They had been on 7 month contracts with our cruise being their last and then they said they all go back to New York or Las Vegas and begin auditioning all over again.
    I've seen some singers at various events who were so amazing! I think in shows like American Idol, tens of thousands audition and if they end up with some pre-judge who doesn't like their style of type of music, they don't move forward and we never hear from that amazing person again. On the flip side, some people excel in a tiny, non-pressure environment, but when the pressure is on...they crumble.

vCash
    Lookie here!

See David. See Sam. See David mentor. Mentor, David, Mentor!
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Caleb just kills it every week, he so had me tonight with "Faithfully"! I want him to win this.

vCash
    What was up with Harry tonight? Was he on speed or something? He was super annoying.

I really liked Caleb as usual. I thought CJ was improved tonight but then I always enjoy him even when he gets "pitchy". He reminds me of John Lee Hooker. My 3rd favorite was Jessica & Dexter's duet. They sounded so natural together.

I saw no improvement in Sam. The save was wasted. He needs to go home tomorrow. He wasn't the only one though who didn't do too well tonight. I thought Jena & Alex were kind of a let-down. And Harry always calls out CJ about being off key but he never mentions it to Malaya. She was almost as bad as Sam tonight (although not as boring.) Dexter's & Jessica's solos were ok but nothing I would download.

My bottom 2 are Sam & Malaya. I don't know who #3 will be. In fact Sam may not be in the bottom, he may get a boost from being saved last week. So I have no idea who's going home.

vCash
    Sam proved tonight that the save was wasted on him. (I kept hoping they would ask Alison Iraheta about this brilliant idea of doing "Time After Time" a cappella.)

Malaya cannot go home soon enough for me. I'm fine with her going home even before Sam. And Dexter could go home tomorrow and I wouldn't miss him.

I'm really hoping Caleb and Jena are the final two, but I doubt that will happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    What was up with Harry tonight? Was he on speed or something? He was super annoying.
    Why should tonight be different from any other night? I'm starting to appreciate the feedback he gives the contestants, but when he interacts with the other judges, Ryan or even the audience, he is so attention-seeking to the point of being obnoxious. I think he's a major narcissist.

I saw no improvement in Sam. The save was wasted. He needs to go home tomorrow. He wasn't the only one though who didn't do too well tonight. I thought Jena & Alex were kind of a let-down. And Harry always calls out CJ about being off key but he never mentions it to Malaya. She was almost as bad as Sam tonight (although not as boring.) Dexter's & Jessica's solos were ok but nothing I would download.

My bottom 2 are Sam & Malaya. I don't know who #3 will be. In fact Sam may not be in the bottom, he may get a boost from being saved last week. So I have no idea who's going home.
    ITA about Sam and Malaya. I like Malaya, she's so cute, but her vocals are screechy and her braces affect her enunciation. She could come back when they come off. Sam sucks, teen idol vibe or not. He does not connect with the audiences. His voice is passable, but he really is not interesting enough. I guess he could learn. Caleb is truly a monster talent, even if he does look like Melissa McCarthy .

vCash
    Does CJ ever sing on key? Love Caleb & was lucky enough to catch him as I don't watch the whole show, just the last 1/2 hour.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Do two people go home tonight? My rankings for last night:

1. Caleb, Faithfully. Wow...just amazing. I'd be curious to hear him sing that song with just a piano and even less power notes. It would show he can do anything...which I pretty much believe anyway, but I want to see it.

2. Alex, Every Breath You Take. I was not on board with the complete change-up of the arrangement, but he made it his own in a really good way and it almost made me teary!

3. Malaya, Through The Fire. That song is so hard to sing, I wouldn't recommend anyone cover it! A bobble with one line in the middle, but at the end I thought, "is she going to go for the big note, or change the melody?" and she went for it...which was followed by the REALLY big note and I thought, "she CAN'T go for THAT one"...but she did. So ANOTHER great performance tonight.

4. Sam and Alex, The Girl Is Mine. Wow, I liked that better than the original!

5. Jessica, Call Me. I just realized that Jessica is like Sam at times...robotic. She's improving, but there is a rigidity to her. If she could shake that, it would be really beneficial.

6. Dexter, Keep Your Hands to Yourself. Not as good as last week, but an improvement over his other performances.

7. Jena, I Love Rock and Roll. Fail on the new arrangement. She needs to stop changing her songs up so much. Plus this was her least animated performances (and on such an animated song!). Still...it's Jena, that can never be a completely bad thing!

8. Malaya and C.J., I Knew You Were Waiting For Me. Not horrible, but not great. Malaya saved the song (barely) but that's not saying much because she was off a number of times. Luckily her singing partner is C.J. who is off almost always!

9. Sam, Time After Time. That mannequin appears so lifelike!!

10. C.J., Free Fallin'. Not bad actually. Well...not bad for C.J. .....

11. Jena and Caleb. It's Only Love. Gosh, Jena's having a rough week. I blame her for making Caleb sound bad tonight.

12. Jess and Dexter, Islands In The Stream. Horrible, awful, yucky!!!

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast