View Poll Results: Who Have You Purchased Singles or Albums From On This List?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam Lambert

27 40.91%
  • Carrie Underwood

29 43.94%
  • Clay Aiken

22 33.33%
  • David Cook

22 33.33%
  • Daughtry

16 24.24%
  • Fantasia

7 10.61%
  • Jennifer Hudson

13 19.70%
  • Jordin Sparks

9 13.64%
  • Kellie Pickler

8 12.12%
  • Kelly Clarkson

48 72.73%
  • Ruben Studdard

6 9.09%
  • Scotty McCreery

2 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    yes alex was first

he's pretty consistent. i finally figured out my problem with him is that he reminds me of peter pettigrew. and i feel badly about that. he seems nice.
    Peter Pettigrew from Harry Potter? He was hideous. Alex is ok looking.

I liked a lot of the performances tonight. I liked what Alex did with Don't Speak. I like the way he can change up his selections to make it sound like something he would have written. Majesty was improved & IMO Jessica had her best week so far. Jena & Caleb blew me away. I can't decide who did the best, they were both A+.

I saw no improvement from Sam & CJ was pretty off-key. I couldn't believe the praise for Malaya. I thought she was awful. Dexter was his usual karaoke self. CJ should be the one going home but he's my Mr Congeniality so he'll probably get the votes to stay around. I think he will be in the bottom 3 along with Dexter & Malaya.

I'm not sure why Malaya is getting the pimp treatment because even though she has a good voice she doesn't seem ready to me. She is so inconsistent & I find her personality annoying. They seem afraid to really critique her & their praise is sometimes so off the mark that it's ridiculous. Plus why did she get red roses last week? That seems like very biased treatment.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    IMO this is the best season of judging/feedback panel that I've ever seen in Idol. It's interesting to see which singers take the feedback to heart and apply it and which ones don't.

vCash
    Jena definitely did not blow me away last night. Everyone else liked it but her whispy voice does not do the original version of that song justice so it was hard to hear for me. Gina Glocksen did a much better job with Evanescence when she was on. But I do think Jena is doing about the best she can with what she has to work with. Malaya got roses because in her package she talked about never having gotten flowers before (and the song says "I should've brought you flowers") so it all makes total linear sense in TV land. They do other nice things for the other contestants too, like getting a video package from I think Jena's bf from his war or something. It all sort of evens out eventually. The whole Jena-Malaya-Caleb-Jessica battle is very interesting to me, and I think they *should* be top 4. Alex is good also but he so totally lacks charisma I just don't know how far he can go with just being an exact vocal clone of Jason Mraz, I kind of want him to get called on it because its so obvious to me that is what he is doing. I think Malaya has something special and I could easily see her winning this whole thing, and to me she is really genuine and relatable. Or however you spell that.

CJ, Sam, and Dexter can go anytime honestly, but they were not bad last night. Nobody was that terrible this time around, so that is an improvement.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i couldnt focus on caleb with the constant closeups of what looked like j lo sitting on a personal massager
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    EDIT: this is in response to haribobo -

I guess I'm just not into those "look at me, I'm so ___ (cute, perky, quirky, whatever)" types. I think she is a smart girl because she is playing the game very well but it looks all fake to me. And I really don't think the pimp evens out eventually. Like Keith saying Malaya was the best of the group song. Uh, no, just no. That would be Caleb by a mile. Or Jena or Jessica. Tossing your hair (which was hideous btw) does not make you a rocker. Her song selection was pretty bad in a "front the band" week & she didn't get called out on it, just the reverse, & she was all over the place but she got praise anyway.

I guess we have to agree to disagree. I think Jena has a full-bodied sound, not wispy in the least. She sounds "ready for prime-time" to me. So does Caleb. He doesn't even need to win IMO. He can have a career like Daughtry if he writes good songs to record & gets an album out relatively fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i couldnt focus on caleb with the constant closeups of what looked like j lo sitting on a personal massager
    sorry for the double post but I noticed that too.

vCash
    I wasn't surprised that Majesty went home tonight, but I'm disappointed. I prefer her to Malaya, C.J., Dexter, and Sam.

Malaya may be improving, but that doesn't mean much to me because I couldn't stand her earlier on and I still don't think she's especially good. I find her grating. However, I do agree with haribobo that Alex is being a Jason Mraz clone, but without much sense of charisma or authenticity. (Also, I agree with whoever said he looks like Peter Pettigrew, and it's distracting!) But, I do think he sings well.

Jena and Caleb are my favorites at this point. I don't see Caleb as having the same kind of career potential as Chris Daughtry because Caleb doesn't seem as contemporary.

vCash
    For the first time since season 1, the results show isn't painful to watch. It's about time that they shorten the results show back to half hour long. Voice should do the same thing.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^ Amen to that!!

Again, no lose for me on Majesty. I still really don't have anyone I'm really pulling for, so whatever on the next 3 to go as well.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I just finished watching Wednesday's show...I thought it was a pretty good night! Tough to decide who should get the top spot, but I picked emotional impact to take the gold...

1. Malaya - The Long and Winding Road. Wow. I've always found this song to be mopey and dismal. But Malaya breathed fire into it. I'm listening to her studio version now and I adore it!!

2. Jena - Bring Me To Life. Amazing. I felt bad for her having to follow Caleb, but she totally ROCKED it!

3. Caleb - Dazed and Confused. Wonderful as always, but that's more of a mood song rather than one that shows off your vocal range. There are a LOT of better Zeppelin songs for him to have chosen.

4. Majesty - Shake It Up. Very, very good. She should not have gone home last night.

5. Jessica - Rhiannon. Good, but she didn't do much to make it her own.

6. Alex - Don't Speak. Good job, he was just surrounded by too many other good performances.

7. Sam - Hey There Delilah. Completely adequate.

8. Dexter - Boondocks. Luckily he had a big production with lots of background vocalists to drown out his barely-there effort.

9. C.J. - If It Hadn't Been For Love. He should not have picked such a rare song. Especially one that made him sound worse than Dexter. How is that even possible??
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I think CJ can perform but he can't sing. Just the opposite for Sam.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    7. Sam - Hey There Delilah. Completely adequate.
    I think AI wants another Bieber; this guy will be held up even if he's sub-par.

vCash
    Sam is about as far from being a Beiber as he could be. Beiber may be brash & undisciplined but he does have a stage presence which unlike Sam's is NOT a deer-in-the-headlights persona. Even when Sam is being interviewed he has no spark, no personality. I don't even think he's that cute & he's totally dull.

CJ is just the opposite. I admit it - I've thrown votes his way. Even though I hear the bum notes I'm still entertained. He's just so darned adorable & he sings one of my favorite genres of music. I have the feeling that stage fright is keeping him from doing better live because his studio songs are much better.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Even when Sam is being interviewed he has no spark, no personality. I don't even think he's that cute & he's totally dull.
    Sam has pretty hair.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    i cannot roll my eyes hard enough over i luh you papi
    I'm very late to the conversation and only watch Idol sporadically, but I believe "I luv your Puppy" is a song about female empowerment.

Turned myself inside out cringing.

vCash
    Caleb and Jena made my night IMO they are the only one I bothered listening to the end !
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Maybe I'm just crabby and miserable because it is snowing here again - as if we need more - but I have to wonder about these "talent search" type shows now - aside from their entertainment value. I get that it is exposure and some of them do go on to some degree of success but I wonder truly how many. We recently returned from a caribbean cruise and the entertainment of their singers and dancers was just top notch. All " no name" as far as I could tell (except for the special guests) but these kids can really sing. They had been on 7 month contracts with our cruise being their last and then they said they all go back to New York or Las Vegas and begin auditioning all over again. They all seemed very grateful just to be working at something they love. I felt like both the male and female leads were way better then anyone I have heard on a talent search show in a long time. JMHO
    pug lover

vCash
    I've heard people with better voices sing in church than on some talent shows. But a singer with a voice or style that suits a musical show or Christian music cannot necessarily be a pop or r&b singer. They just don't have the moxie. (Of course, as we've seen this year, most of the AI crew don't have the moxie either. )

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    nice to see j lo getting some wear out of my confirmation dress
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Malaya is cute as a button but yeah, her voice is off.

And Sam is teen idol bland with pleasant voice.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast