View Poll Results: Who Have You Purchased Singles or Albums From On This List?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam Lambert

27 40.91%
  • Carrie Underwood

29 43.94%
  • Clay Aiken

22 33.33%
  • David Cook

22 33.33%
  • Daughtry

16 24.24%
  • Fantasia

7 10.61%
  • Jennifer Hudson

13 19.70%
  • Jordin Sparks

9 13.64%
  • Kellie Pickler

8 12.12%
  • Kelly Clarkson

48 72.73%
  • Ruben Studdard

6 9.09%
  • Scotty McCreery

2 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I honestly think that Malaya's braces are affecting her singing, especially her enunciation.
    To me, she just falls off the melody now and then. That's not a braces thing. But I do agree that the braces affect her speaking voice and probably her singing voice in a similar way.

Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I would tie MK & Sam. They are trying but they are both just so bland.
    I never thought of the two of them as a pair like this, but they do both have "monotone" faces...there's just a nothing-ness to their faces, they basically have just one neutral facial expression. They could have done a lot better if the judges let them get more live performances under their belts. But if American Idol keeps falling in the ratings, it's probably better that they get their chance now rather than in five years.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    uhm .... what was with the forced apology break from Caleb? Was he actually getting slammed all over the internet that he was forced to apologize like that? I don't read any AI boards and haven't seen it mentioned on the few I do read. I mean, did anyone really take him seriously? I thought it was pretty clear he was just joking when he said that and he never really did that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    To me, she just falls off the melody now and then. That's not a braces thing. But I do agree that the braces affect her speaking voice and probably her singing voice in a similar way.
    She reminds me of Amber from last year. Cute girl, but pitchy and some songs were just too big for her voice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG
    I think I liked Sam singing this better than Nate Ruess. Ruess can sometimes sing too high and nasally for my liking. Sam did it in a lower key, so it was much more listenable than the original for me.
    You mean you made it all the way through the song? He bores me to tears. I ended up FF'g through half of it. Of the ones left I want them to leave in this order:

Dexter
    Sam
    Malaya
    CJ
    Jessica/Caleb (either order)
    Majesty/Jena/Alex (in any order)

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    uhm .... what was with the forced apology break from Caleb? Was he actually getting slammed all over the internet that he was forced to apologize like that? I don't read any AI boards and haven't seen it mentioned on the few I do read. I mean, did anyone really take him seriously? I thought it was pretty clear he was just joking when he said that and he never really did that.
    bump! does anyone know what he was apologizing for?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    bump! does anyone know what he was apologizing for?
    American Idol’s Peanut Allergy Gaffe

At one point in the show, Caleb talked about how everybody was playing practical jokes on each other. Shaving cream in a sleeping person's hand and then tickling their nose with a feather, crazy glue on toilet seats and putting peanuts in the socks of Alex who is allergic. (Alex might not even have a peanut allergy, as this was all a joke.) Anyway, people who have family members who have a peanut allergy were offended by Caleb's joke, so an apology was made for those who were offended.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    thank you peter!
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Blah! My faves, MK and Majesty have been performing poorly, so I don't care who wins at this point. Hopefully it will be Caleb or Alex. Hopefully not Jena.

vCash
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    The video included with that article was too short. They didn't give him time to say how many souls he saved...

vCash
    I hope we get another cute winner like Philip Phillips. I dont care about their singing much, just like the cute people to come out ahead.

vCash
    Well, as long as you have your priorities.....

PS: I like the cute ones too. Plus he can sing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volturemean View Post
    I hope we get another cute winner like Philip Phillips. I dont care about their singing much, just like the cute people to come out ahead.
    Uhm OK. Sarcasm? Maybe? Anyway, I think Philip Philips was more then just a cute face. I actually think he was a good singer and an interesting artist who actually writes his own songs I believe. I know Kelly does some writing and Carrie a bit.

I hope Alex or Jena win. Caleb is a great singer but he relies on that too much and in some ways is just a carbon copy of "rock voice" out there. I have no idea who he is as an artist. Right now he seems like just a big voice. And he seemingly has a great personality. But I just am vague if he is just going to be a front man for some band or he has his own identity.

I like Majesty but she is just not doing well. Malaya doesn't seem at all ready to me and last week was really the first week I thought she was any good.

Jessica is a weird one. I loved her when I first saw her. And she has a strong personality but I don't feel it when she sings. I have no idea about her POV in a song. But I would like to see her make top six at least if not top 4.

The rest are just meh for me.

vCash
    Since this show can't find good singers, might as well let the cuties win. There's no cuties on the show this season though. The only cutie winners were Philip Philips and Kris Allen.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I sorta feel like you do in regards to America's Next Top Model. I don't care what they look like or how they perform, but in how well they can carry a tune.

vCash
    I came in just in time to see Alex sing "Don't Speak". Was he the first contestant tonight?

Florence and the Machine covered on AI!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    yes alex was first

he's pretty consistent. i finally figured out my problem with him is that he reminds me of peter pettigrew. and i feel badly about that. he seems nice.

vCash
    Why is Jennifer Lopez talking about Stevie Nicks in the past tense?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I feel bad - she was patently awful tonight. You were right about the melody.

I never thought of the two of them as a pair like this, but they do both have "monotone" faces...there's just a nothing-ness to their faces, they basically have just one neutral facial expression. They could have done a lot better if the judges let them get more live performances under their belts. But if American Idol keeps falling in the ratings, it's probably better that they get their chance now rather than in five years.
    The girls seem to like Sam a lot.

vCash
    Caleb and Jena just killed it tonight. They are phenomenal, can picture them both as stars. Alex and Sam can sing, I would buy an album from either of them. Dexter can do country period,not sure if any other genre would work for him. Jessica can definitely do Stevie Nicks, she has that unique voice. I'm ready for the other three to go.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast