View Poll Results: Who Have You Purchased Singles or Albums From On This List?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam Lambert

27 40.91%
  • Carrie Underwood

29 43.94%
  • Clay Aiken

22 33.33%
  • David Cook

22 33.33%
  • Daughtry

16 24.24%
  • Fantasia

7 10.61%
  • Jennifer Hudson

13 19.70%
  • Jordin Sparks

9 13.64%
  • Kellie Pickler

8 12.12%
  • Kelly Clarkson

48 72.73%
  • Ruben Studdard

6 9.09%
  • Scotty McCreery

2 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I've been wondering how Dexter is staying out of bottom 3. Who is voting for him? I just think he's generic & karaoke. But I got one of my wishes - Ben went home. I would have preferred Dexter but you can't have everything.
    Me too. Ben has more personality and talent. But Dexter has those puppies. Plus he is the good ole southern boy. He is totally vanilla. but lots of people like it because it's safe. Thought last night America got it right in the voting. Ben wasn't going to win anyway. At best, I saw him top five and that is reaching.

vCash
    Booooo PeterG. Your recap was pretty good until you got to CJ. IMO that was his best performance. Maybe you just don't like southern R&B/rock.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Booooo PeterG. Your recap was pretty good until you got to CJ. IMO that was his best performance. Maybe you just don't like southern R&B/rock.
    I probably should have put C.J. higher as his vocal was pretty flawless. I just didn't think it was a great song. The American public seems to agree with me, because that song never went higher than #108 on the American pop charts.

vCash
    Thank you. I feel so much better now.

vCash
    My bottom three tonight was CJ, MK, and Majesty. Of those CJ didn't bring it tonight, he was off key the whole song. My fave by far was Alex. He hits every note perfectly. He just gets better and better. Love Caleb but tonight wasn't his best. Jena, Jessica, and Malaya were all good, Dexter was ok, and Sam was much better than last week, We Are Young was a good song choice for him.

I think CJ should go but I'm betting it will be MK this time.

vCash
    My bottom three always includes Dexter. I think he is lacking any star power or originality. I love CJ but he was pretty bad tonight. I would tie MK & Sam. They are trying but they are both just so bland. I see regression in both of them. CJ is so inconsistent. I thought he was great last week so that may keep him out of the bottom. I'm really ready for Dexter to go but he is the only true country singer so I think that is what is keeping him in.

My favorites tonight were Alex, Jena, & Jessica. Majesty was better than last week & so was Malaya but that was the wrong song for Caleb. He didn't suck but it wasn't his usual great job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    My bottom three tonight was CJ, MK, and Majesty. Of those CJ didn't bring it tonight, he was off key the whole song. My fave by far was Alex. He hits every note perfectly. He just gets better and better. Love Caleb but tonight wasn't his best. Jena, Jessica, and Malaya were all good, Dexter was ok, and Sam was much better than last week, We Are Young was a good song choice for him.

Wow, you and I couldn't be more on the same page. You took the words right out of my mouth.

I wish Jessica would actually LISTEN to the judges when they tell her to think about the lyrics she's singing and emote more. I think she has a really good voice but she does seem to be disconnected from the lyrics every week. Singing Pumped Up Kicks with a sweet smile on your face the whole time? Ah....no.

Dexter needs to enunciate more clearly and put some energy into his performances. He's becoming boring.

I was really surprised by Mylaeh's performance. She was very, very good. Jessica could take some notes from her on how to deliver lyrics with feeling.

Alex is definitely the dark horse in this competition, IMO. He's not showy but he's consistently good. I love his crystal clear voice; and, like you say, he's always pitch perfect. Slightly quirky but that works for me too. Definitely the best of the night by far.

I'd have the same bottom 3. Also have the feeling that MK will go home. She really messed up.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    It's interesting that the American Idol youtube page doesn't have links for either Sam Woolf or Dexter Roberts for last night's performances.

My rankings:

1. Alex Preston - The Story of My Life - Wow, like I said last week, I was never a fan of Alex. But he keeps not only picking songs that I love, but doing them so flawlessly. I noticed this week that he is only 20 years old. I thought he was so good he must be about 27!

2. Malaya Watson - When I Was Your Man - A very passionate performance, loved it. A few vocal problems, though.

3. Jessica Meuse - Pumped Up Kicks - A pretty good performance, but another one where judge's past advice came into play when it should have been ignored. "You should smile more". Yes, I agree but Jessica picked the wrong time (song) to connect with the audience through smiling.

4. Caleb Johnson - Edge Of Glory - He's always great, but I agree that arrangement was slowed down too much.

5. Majesty Rose - Wake Me Up - I thought this was pretty good. I think maybe last week's bottom three placement meant there were too many nerves present during this performance though.

6. Jena - Clarity - I liked this better on TV than listening to the audio only. She sounds too shrill too often.

7. Sam Woolf - We Are Young - Pretty good, but Lord, this dude is boring!!

8. C. J. Harris - Invisible - Weird. I really liked this performance live last night. I thought everyone's complaints about pitch were very But listening to the audio only now, I hear how he was off. I guess I got into his emotional delivery last night and ignored the vocal problems. Too bad, I had him tied for second place on the initial viewing.

9. mk nobilette - Perfect - Listening to this on youtube without any visuals (I'm typing here)...the backing vocalist does not mesh at all with mk. I wonder if that threw her off, it doesn't sound good and if you eliminated that other vocalist the performance would have been much better. Plus mk was reaching out to the audience and I think that might have played a part in forgetting the lyrics, she distracted herself. I think she did this based on the judges critique of being more outgoing and reaching out to the audience. Sometimes I think contestants need to smile at the judges advice...and then ignore it.

10. Dexter Roberts - Cruise - The production around him was really big and loud. Lucky for him because after a decent start, his vocals were REALLY bad. Dexter is changing his look some so he looks almost presentable instead of looking from he dropped by the studio after training dogs in the dirt all day long. But he is even more boring than Sam. (Well, maybe it's a tie...)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I honestly think that Malaya's braces are affecting her singing, especially her enunciation.

vCash
    It's going to take a lot for me to warm up to Malaya. She has a good voice but she's like a puppy on speed & she has a lot of technique issues.

On the other side, Sam & MK seem like they are on Valium. They both have sweet voices but they are just too bland & sleepy.

CJ has the passion & the believability & the likeability but he doesn't have the technique. Someone better than Randy needs to work with him because I can see myself buying his music.

Dexter just is so country bar generic, it's a surprise to me that he was in the top 15 men.

Majesty is too hit & miss. I don't think the cluster f*** that was Let It Go would have happened if they had a decent mentor. She was my fav but unless she starts getting some good advice she won't last.

I like Jessica but I probably wouldn't buy her music. She sounds like Joan Baez to me with a little too much vibrato.

I expect Caleb & Alex & Jena to be the last 3. They are pretty consistent & they don't have as many vocal issues plus Alex & Jena are song-writers & musicians which I think helps their singing. All three make it easy to know what kind of music they would put out.

If Jena wins, would she be the first wild card to win? Or if she is 2nd, would she be the 1st wild card to be in the finale?

vCash
    If Jena wins, would she be the first wild card to win? Or if she is 2nd, would she be the 1st wild card to be in the finale?
    Clay was a wild card.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Sam was much better than last week, We Are Young was a good song choice for him.
    I think I liked Sam singing this better than Nate Ruess. Ruess can sometimes sing too high and nasally for my liking. Sam did it in a lower key, so it was much more listenable than the original for me.

mk sang first (often the kiss of death) and forgot some of the lyrics (and no one else did). Usually voters are unforgiving for contestants who forget lyrics. And mk has been in the bottom three twice already. So I fear this is her week to go. Oh well, she gets to go on the tour, so I'm happy for her about that.

Those who have been in the bottom three so far:

Malaya - Feb. 27th
    Gena – March 6th
    Sam – March 13th
    Majesty – March 13th
    Mk – Feb. 27th and March 6th

Those who have never been in the bottom three:

Alex
    C.J.
    Caleb
    Dexter
    Jessica
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i cannot roll my eyes hard enough over i luh you papi

or the fact that she sings worse than the worst contestant on the show, but insists on keeping on
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I'm cringing right about now, but I can't look away.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Damn, thought I got home late enough to miss the results show but there it is on the PVR.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    JLo .. lip synch or not?? I vote yes -- considering that the volume doesn't vary when she moves away from the microphone.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    JLo .. lip synch or not?? I vote yes -- considering that the volume doesn't vary when she moves away from the microphone.
    i think it is cute that you are giving her the benefit of the doubt. of course she isnt really singing.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i think it is cute that you are giving her the benefit of the doubt. of course she isnt really singing.
    Somewhere in my heart there is a tiny ray of hope that someone, somewhere (aside from these poor contestants) actually sings live. Sigh.

vCash
    MK is on her way out...

vCash
    Yes, it was MK. She had her moments but her singing is weak. I agree the top three will be Alex, Jena and Caleb. I like Jessica's voice, she needs to sing a Stevie Nicks song.

CJ is a good performer but he just doesn't have the musicality in his voice. Sam has a very nice voice but he's just so stiff performance wise.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast