View Poll Results: Who Have You Purchased Singles or Albums From On This List?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam Lambert

27 40.91%
  • Carrie Underwood

29 43.94%
  • Clay Aiken

22 33.33%
  • David Cook

22 33.33%
  • Daughtry

16 24.24%
  • Fantasia

7 10.61%
  • Jennifer Hudson

13 19.70%
  • Jordin Sparks

9 13.64%
  • Kellie Pickler

8 12.12%
  • Kelly Clarkson

48 72.73%
  • Ruben Studdard

6 9.09%
  • Scotty McCreery

2 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I don't think they are particularly concerned about the tour. The money from that pales in comparison to the money they make from the show.
    The show is just above break even at best. Fox isn't getting the advertising rates they used to get, and the Coke and Ford things are tied to ratings as well.

You'd be surprised what tour tix and tour swag bring in. It's not that hard to understand why some artists are on the road about half the year, even if they're music sales are good.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Just catching up after the elimination show. I don't disagree with Kristen being gone. That was such a bad arrangement. Beautiful Disaster is not a song that should invite an audience to clap along. I agree with whoever described her performance as too surfacey.

I had to balance things out and go find a you tube video of Kelly's version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X-r9YYox0M

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    The show is just above break even at best. Fox isn't getting the advertising rates they used to get, and the Coke and Ford things are tied to ratings as well.

You'd be surprised what tour tix and tour swag bring in. It's not that hard to understand why some artists are on the road about half the year, even if they're music sales are good.
    I am very much aware that some artists make a huge amount of money on tour. But, the American Idol tour does not make that kind of money. In recent years, they have had to downsize and cancel shows. Even when the Idol tour was doing its best, the Idol producers weren't making nearly as much from the tour as they were from the show. They are going to make decisions about who will be on the show based on whether they think it is best for the show, not based on what they think is best for the tour. Of course, the better the show does, the more likely the tour will do okay.

I noted in my earlier post that the show was going to lose money this year. (Apparently you missed that?) But that is largely being driven by overpaying producers and judges and lower viewership. Making decisions about the show based on thoughts about the tour is not going to change that situation. At this point, I think the best thing they can do financially is minimize their losses this year by improving viewership.

vCash
    I find it hard to believe that the show will lose money. They have a 3-4 minute commercial break after every performance which is why I never watch the show until it's recorded. If I couldn't FF thru all the talking & all the ads there's no way I would watch it. Shows that lose money get cancelled. Shows that lose money can't find sponsors. Even if they aren't raking in what they used to, I'm sure they are making paycheck.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I didn't care much for Phillip Phillips while he was on American Idol. But I love every single he releases! Here's his newest, just released today:

Raging Fire
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Phillip Phillips was one of my all time favorites on the show. He's the only one who kept me interested in his career post-Idol.

Thanks for the link, PeterG. Is Phillips still on tour in Canada?

vCash
    Thanks Peter, I listened, but I hate it! Commercially viable, sure, but its just awful the shlocky crap music he's being given post-idol. He could do so much better, I feel. Hopefully we see that in his next album.

Anyway, I'm not at home and can't post links, but check out In This Life by Elise Testone, and Girlfriend by Hollie Cavanagh. You'll never hear these songs on the radio, I'm sure, but they are really nice IMO.

vCash
    Harry Connick, Jr. is, disappointingly, getting on my nerves. He always has to make sure he's the funniest, he interrupts the other judges, and is generally douchey. Even his faux-gay banter with Keith Urban (who is great) is annoying. I liked Harry at one time, but find him insufferable as a judge. I thought he'd be better.

vCash
    I have watched exactly 2 performances over the last two seasons combined, but I was wondering what some of the contestants were singing during the live shows so I pulled up the Wikipedia page. The only one that really jumped out at me was "Happy" by Pharrell Williams. It's my favorite song on the radio right now, so I obviously had to look up the performance by Majesty Rose on YouTube and I was not disappointed. I consider myself pretty lucky that the one performance I looked up was a good one, I am not going to press my luck with any others for now.

vCash
    I like Caleb.

vCash
    Aside from Caleb, I was bored with the entire evening. Lots of talent, and yet a lot of meh.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    I was really squirming after Harry's comment to MK that she appeared not to want to be there. Folks following MK elsewhere know that she's gotten a disproportionate share of malicious tweets and that some viewers would prefer that she not be on TV. I guess owning your sexual identity is ok if your Adam Lambert, but not if you're MK. She's only 20, comes from a very open environment, and may have been unprepared for all the hate spewed her way. I thinks she's great, but if Amerika votes her off this week, I suspect she will be relieved.

vCash
    Aceon6, did you really like her performance? She was one of my original favs but I thought she was a hot mess last night. She does seem like the coffee house type to me - if so then maybe she really doesn't want to be there. She isn't improving, in fact last night was a step back. And my opinion has nothing to do with her sexual identity. However, I'm sorry that she's gotten malicious tweets - I don't want any of them to get any negativity from people they don't know.

I thought last night overall wasn't as good as the week before. Some of the people I liked were the ones the coaches were hardest on. I have the feeling that if Jena & Jessica had performed at the end of the show instead of the beginning the judges would have been easier on them after listening to the dreck from the others. I liked the beginning of Majesty's performance but it ended kind of weak.

Things I hated: Alex's pants, the 2 backwards hats, Emily's faux sexiness, Caleb's fall to the ground. And the overall suckiness of the whole night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Aceon6, did you really like her performance?
    I didn't think it was all that and she probably doesn't deserve to move forward. What ticked me off what Harry's comment. Well, duh, Harry. If you're that concerned about her emotional state, ask her backstage.

vCash
    I'm sick of the ballcaps. And the crappy outfits. And the crappy performances. Originally, I tho't this was an interesting group but not so far. So I think I may be done & I'll just stick to watching Survivor.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    The whole night was blah for me. There wasn't one person I felt compelled to pick up the phone for. Maybe when its down to 4 or 5 I will, but for now I don't care who goes next.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    The whole night was blah for me. There wasn't one person I felt compelled to pick up the phone for. Maybe when its down to 4 or 5 I will, but for now I don't care who goes next.
    This .. I watched my DVR recording in about 15 minutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    This .. I watched my DVR recording in about 15 minutes.
    I think I did it in about 20 minutes
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I hadn't realize that such a large majority of the group was all from the south. Less than a handful are from northern states. Michigan and New Hampshire...then there's mk from San Francisco, but if you go any further south than California, you've left America!

My ranking for last night:

1. Caleb - Working Man

I guess it's a four-way tie for #2...?

Malaya - Take Me To The King - sounded too high/shrill for the ending though...

Jena Irene - Suddenly I See

Alex Preston - I Don't Wanna Be - I'm not a fan of Alex (too nasally a voice) but he is consistently getting the job done. What's up with his "There's Something About Mary" hairdo, though??

C.J. Harris - Waiting For The World To Change - I'm not really a C.J. fan either, but not only was this his best performance so far, it was completely watchable. I'm thinking maybe he is not a country singer and should be doing soul/pop instead.

Originally I had Jessica Meuse in third, but I listened to the youtube video while typing here and it didn't sound all that great. I think she was either sharp like Harry said or it was in the wrong (too high) key. I had Emily Piriz in fourth, but again, listening to it now...it was okay, but not great. I enjoy hearing mk sing, but she sounded shaky. Nervous or just needed more rehearsal time??

Dexter and Sam were uber-boring, Ben was a mess and Majesty picked such a loser song. At least she put a spin on such an uber-sexist piece of trash, but reverse-sexism is pretty much bad as plain, old-fashioned sexism.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Peter G, you're a better person than I am .. I just couldn't watch every performance all the way through. With the exception of CJ.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast