Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

Survivor 28 Cagayan---Beauty vs Brains vs Brawn

So the new cast is out:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/01/22/su...liff-robinson/

I personally think the season has potential, with some diversity to the casting.

Find it Interesting that David was able to get away from the Marlins in the middle of the season when this was filmed back in June/July.

And I'm glad that CBS is waiting till February 26th for its debut. Guess they knew going up against the Olympics, even if its taped delayed coverage was a bad idea.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    pml, most players' listed occupations give some idea why they are on what tribe (other than the beauty one - although even that one is pretty aligned with their careers), but one of the women on the "brawn" tribe is a hairstylist.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    When I saw the brawn picture I was "how did that skinny guy get in there". Then I saw martial arts. Got it.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    And then there's the really cut guy on the brains tribe, who looks brawnier than a lot of the brawn tribe members.

The beauty tribe.....hmm, well, I will reserve judgment.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    The cut guy on the brains tribe, Garrett is a professional poker player. Since the beauty tribe is suppose be for the ahem not so smart people, he really didn't fit there at all as most poker players are pretty smart.

On paper, I'm most interested in the brains tribe with Garrett and David the Marlins president. That's a couple of cut throat professions right there. And they don't look that unfit in their cast photos so hopefully they won't be a total disaster in the early comps.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    On paper, I'm most interested in the brains tribe
    Me, too, but maybe not for the same reason.

The brains tribe does not necessarily have the best camp, but in talking to them, you would be certain that they did by the way they talk. And it’s interesting watching that play out and how much of that is because they really are the smart tribe and how much is that they believe they are the smart tribe because they’ve been told they are the smart tribe, so they start behaving as the smart tribe.”

IME, "smart" people are smart at school-related things. They tend to underestimate the intelligence of people who don't have the same kinds of smarts. And when they aren't in school, well, they often don't come off as all that smart.

But it looks like an interesting cast--and there are no returning players!
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Yes. No returning players. The best part!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Yes. No returning players. The best part!
    YES THIS.

I probably won't make much of an effort to learn names before the season starts -- it usually only takes me 2 episodes before I have most of the players nailed down. Don't really have time to comb through them today, but I did watch the promo video up on the CBS website. Looks like they have an engaging bunch. I'll be interested to see if the guy that was talking all the talk about wanting to be the one to crush people's hopes and dreams really follows through.

I think some of the brains/brawn look better than a few on the beauty tribe..

ETA: Regarding what Catherine posted in the original post about starting after the Olympics, it's seriously a smart move, because a couple of low(er) weeks in the ratings can really bring the season down as a whole. Much better to start things after the Olympics are over instead of losing a bunch of viewers 2/3 episodes in and then having them come back in episode 6 when they have missed what's going on and aren't at all into the season and just give up on it altogether.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    I think some of the brains/brawn look better than a few on the beauty tribe..
    oh thank goodness I'm so glad someone else thought this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    The beauty tribe.....hmm, well, I will reserve judgment.
    Inner beauty, Prancer. Inner beauty.

vCash
    So any thoughts on Fox's planned new show, called "Utopia"!? Its suppose to combine aspects of Survivor and Big Brother but last over a whole year, not just a few months.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Utopia-R...l-1076491.aspx

If it does come to be, it will be interesting to see who gets cast. I don't think Fox would pull anyone from the CBS reality tv family but you never know since the guy producing it also produces Big Brother.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Bumping up to remind everyone that the new season starts tomorrow! (Wed Feb 26)

vCash
    I'm taking a break from reality TV--Amazing Race, Bachelor, etc but do plan on watching Survivor.

Hope it turns out to be a decent season. I kinda lost interest last season half way through but with all new people this year, it should be ok.

vCash
    I didn't realize this was starting tonight, and I am super excited! With TAR doing a season of crappy returnees that I have no desire to watch, I am excited for an ALL-NEW cast on Survivor this time around (finally).

vCash
    Early favorite tribe: the brawn, just cause they didn't make a big deal (so far) of Cliff being a ex-NBA player.

vCash
    Great 2n hour as that was one of the best blindsides ever. And Garrett leaves with an idol in his pocket!! The brains better hope for some non physical immunity challenges or they are all will be following David and Garrett to sequesterville!

Crazy start to the season. Can't wait for next week!

vCash
    Two of the most unlikeable players blindsided the first night.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    IME, "smart" people are smart at school-related things. They tend to underestimate the intelligence of people who don't have the same kinds of smarts. And when they aren't in school, well, they often don't come off as all that smart.
    Am psychic!

vCash
    I'm hoping the "brains" people continue to lose because most of that tribe seem to be a bunch of losers with regard to life skills. Who in their right mind continues to keep someone who is nothing but a hindrance in challenges both physically and mentally. Who can't seem to function under pressure but sure know how to tell people what to do. Then we have someone who doesn't seem to really want to be there. Oh yeah, he's gone now. They are just a stupid group of people, so it would seem. I don't see a "Cochrane" among them.

Think I will also be rooting for the brawn group. They seem to be able to think things through, work as a team and then apply muscle when needed.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    How is David an executive at anything? I like Kass, too bad she's stuck with the brain tribe. I can understand her flipping on Garrett after his lying at TC. She had one shot to dump him and she can get rid of L'RiceBurner next week. Jeff was just stunned by Garrett (and not in a good way). Garrett wanted to just be in control and not rough it? Who screens these people?

Spy shack cop is odd. Like cuckoo odd.

Beauty peeps? Well, the one guy is entertaining, but I forget his name already.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast