Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    Caption: "Dmitri Soloviev expresses his feelings about the team's time with Alexander Zhulin."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I'm all for high concepts and artistic integrity. Hell, I think we need more esoteric themes. However, I guess I didn't see B/S's dance being any of that and the theme was quite simple and easily understood. In fact, I found it so easy to understand and heavy-handed to the point of the dance being patronizing and quite low-brow. I mean I think Virtue/Moir's dance this year is the one people are still trying to figure out (I actually love it, myself even if it's not "voidy" like B/S's dance). That's just my opinion, though.
    I just wonder if it was more literal and heavy-handed in its choreo due to Zhulin anticipating that the judges would want something that was easily understood? I wonder. Although they had success with their abstract FD last year, so i am not sure. I liked the program that inspired this one (on Ice Age).

I think Katia and Dima have the skills to have pulled off something more subtle that communicates its theme primarily through movement. I think they are both very good dancers and, contrary to what some people have said on other parts of the board, i think they have strong basics. Unfortunately they have sacrificed blade control for speed, but they have soft knees and nice amplitude to their skating which i think has been overlooked by a lot of people this season. So they have the movement and the blades to support that movement. I just want to see them slow things down so this really comes through. Wishing them all the best in Sochi

vCash
    I really do like their SD this year, it brings old school Hollywood glamour very well, and when they skate it well, they knock it out of the park

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456