Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Tonya did apologize to Nancy on that Fox special years ago. An apology doesn't mean anything if it doesn't involve admitting what you did wrong.
    Exactly. And here's something to think about: If Tonya finally admitted her part in the attack, would she really have anything to lose at this point?

The thing is, though, one lie leads to another, and then eventually it becomes all but impossible to tell the truth. Sadly, that seems to describe Tonya's situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Well, Nancy could have been paraphrasing and/oror using poor word choice here too.
    Yes, that makes sense.

It seems clear to me that the FBI thought Tonya was in on the plan before the attack and had an active role in planning..
    Well, she certainly wasn't a "passive" participant, in the sense of just sitting around and watching soap operas instead of trying to find out where Nancy practiced. But she obviously had a lot of practicing to do for Nationals, so it seems that she wasn't as active as Jeff or Shawn (did they have jobs?) anyway. Nonetheless, she would definitely qualify as an accomplice.

vCash
    I was mistaken, Nancy's actual quote was: "And they said, 'Nancy, we can't prove it, but we think she was the mastermind of the whole thing.' " "Mastermind of the whole thing" doesn't sound like an imprecise choice of words.

The Scotvolds also used the word "mastermind": “We know for a fact that Tonya was involved from the beginning; she was the mastermind; she knew everything,” he said. “The FBI knew it; we knew it; everyone knew it.” (See source here: http://jacksonville.com/news/health-...back-life-edge)
    I read that article last week. Again, I would say that Nancy may have misspoken--she's trying to remember something the FBI said 20 years ago. And she's never said this in any other interview that I can recall. As for the Scotvolds, are they really objective sources of information? I don't think so. Their statements could be properly called hearsay.

The FBI felt they couldn't prove the case, so no amount of me Googling is going to prove it either.
    The FBI certainly did feel they could prove the case against Jeff, Shawn, etc. And they did speculate as to who the mastermind was, and Tonya's name was never mentioned in that context in the media, to my knowledge. It seems that the FBI had decided on Jeff, but that they had also considered Shawn as well.

vCash
    I was just thinking about a couple more things. Jeff was a violent person, and used to hit Tonya. I believe there is plenty of evidence to support that assertion--from Tonya's coaches, the police, etc. In addition, one time he slapped his second wife and even threatened to kill her (yes, kill her ). (Sadly, she died of suicide a couple of years later.) Anyway, Jeff obviously had no problem hitting women, so it's not at all difficult to believe he would come up with a plan to take out Kerrigan for Tonya's benefit--something he thought would make him a "hero" in her eyes.

In the recent interview with him, he did say he was sorry for attacking Nancy. But then he also said he really had no regrets, so what are we supposed to make of that?

Also, I was wondering if Tonya's parents and coaches might have believed she was guilty. My guesses are:

Her father: He probably believed she was innocent.
    Her mother: She probably wanted to believe Tonya was innocent, but then eventually realized what she was capable of.
    Teachman: From her comments on the NBC documentary, I think she suspects Tonya knew.
    Rawlinson: I have no clue. But her husband was a lawyer, and he must've suspected Tonya knew something. So, these days, Rawlinson probably thinks Tonya knew. Then again, who knows?

Interestingly enough, there's one person who was a part of Tonya's life for a while who still believes she's innocent: Michael Rosenberg. No joke.
    Last edited by neptune; 03-19-2014 at 01:08 AM.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    The FBI felt they couldn't prove the case, so no amount of me Googling is going to prove it either.
    It amuses me that people act like, if you can't call it up on Google, it must not exist. In 1994, there really wasn't an internet as we know it. Not a commercial one. Most news sites weren't online and mostly only academics had access to what was the internet. Even today lots of news sites don't keep up articles once they become stale or they put them in a "for pay" area of the site.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    I love this article using the Kerrigan - Harding saga to illustrate how academics' success or failure is often determined by identity markers and issues of class.

https://chroniclevitae.com/news/415-...ut-the-academy
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    I love this article using the Kerrigan - Harding saga to illustrate how academics' success or failure is often determined by identity markers and issues of class.
    Thanks for the article. Issues of class? So does that mean if certain professors are not scheduled to teach any courses for a particular semester, they would automatically be accused of having no class????

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516