Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 306
  1. #41

    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    2,053
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8493
    This is up on Netflix now

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    There's one near you!!! :)
    Posts
    3,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    This is up on Netflix now
    Thanks for the info.

    Has anybody heard any news on the NBC Tonya 'n' Nancy interview yet? It's bizarre how they seem to be keeping the air date a secret.

  3. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    49
    Posts
    22
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Without the scandal, Tonya would have skated a lot better and finished a lot higher than 8th. She was the only elgible woman at the time capable of doing the triple axel (Ito was competing in the pro ranks at the time), she was the best jumper, the best spinner, had awesome speed and power, and was a lot more artistic than she was ever given credit for. If she would have had the same skates as 94 nationals at the olympics, she might not of beat Oksana but if the judges were only judging the skating, she should definately have beaten Nancy (if Nancy would of even qualified without the whack- if I were a judge at us nationals, I would of had Tonya as champ, and Kwan and bobek would still have been on the podium, and I would have even given Zayak higher presentation marks than Kerrigan as well ( Zayak at least looked like she liked to skate).

    Nancy's skating was not elegant or artistic- it was slow, labored, and awkard. The costumes were elegant , but I prefer that skaters be able to do spirals without having to hold their leg.

  4. #44

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    Posts
    5,837
    vCash
    4511
    Rep Power
    10351
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    Thanks for the info.

    Has anybody heard any news on the NBC Tonya 'n' Nancy interview yet? It's bizarre how they seem to be keeping the air date a secret.
    I only heard it mentioned one time when Bob Costas was still there (so had to be first couple days). He was talking to Mary after one of her stories and mentioned how its been 20 years since Tonya/Nancy and Mary had interviewed them both and it would be "coming up later in our coverage". That was the only time I've heard it mentioned.

    I wonder how long it is? the ESPN one was 90 minutes. I don't see how they could do something longer than 10 minutes during Prime Time coverage (you know, a typical time allotment for skating /sarcasamoff). Unless it will maybe air on the last Saturday or Sunday, when there are very few events left and they need to kill time before the Closing Ceremony?
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 02-15-2014 at 07:37 AM.

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,259
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    Thanks for the info.

    Has anybody heard any news on the NBC Tonya 'n' Nancy interview yet? It's bizarre how they seem to be keeping the air date a secret.
    If I had to guess, I would say it is likely to air during the Olympic coverage on Wednesday, 2/19, since that is the day the ladies are scheduled to skate their SPs and to commemorate the 1994 Olympic ladies' SP being the most highly watched Olympic ladies skating event in US history.

  6. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    glued to streaming video
    Posts
    79
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Found an article that mentions NBC's documentary. It's being held in reserve in case bad weather cancels events:

    Bell also got asked when NBC would air its Nancy Kerrigan/Tonya Harding documentary. Bell said it would likely air on Sunday, February 23 — the night of the Closing Ceremony — unless any weather delays or other issues caused a competition gap that needed to be plugged.
    http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/mere...or-bob-costas/

  7. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    There's one near you!!! :)
    Posts
    3,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cmk View Post
    Without the scandal, Tonya would have skated a lot better and finished a lot higher than 8th. She was the only elgible woman at the time capable of doing the triple axel (Ito was competing in the pro ranks at the time), she was the best jumper, the best spinner, had awesome speed and power, and was a lot more artistic than she was ever given credit for.
    She wasn't as good overall (including presentation) as she had been in previous years, but when she was on, her skating was still formidable. And yes, I do think she would have skated a lot better than she did, whether the judges would have rewarded her or not. It's sad, because Tonya completely sabotaged her own chances.

    If she would have had the same skates as 94 nationals at the olympics, she might not of beat Oksana but if the judges were only judging the skating, she should definately have beaten Nancy (if Nancy would of even qualified without the whack-
    Actually, with the same two performances, she would've deserved to beat everyone IMO. Maybe not Kristi's and Midori's LP performances from '92 (but not that far behind either), but certainly everyone in Lillehammer.

    if I were a judge at us nationals, I would of had Tonya as champ, and Kwan and bobek would still have been on the podium, and I would have even given Zayak higher presentation marks than Kerrigan as well ( Zayak at least looked like she liked to skate).
    I can see giving Zayak higher presentation marks than Kerrigan.

    Nancy's skating was not elegant or artistic- it was slow, labored, and awkard. The costumes were elegant , but I prefer that skaters be able to do spirals without having to hold their leg.
    It wasn't as elegant or artistic as it was made out to be. Kerrigan did have a mature line and air about her, but if she had been only average-looking, I doubt she would've ever been called artistic.
    Last edited by neptune; 02-16-2014 at 03:53 AM.

  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    There's one near you!!! :)
    Posts
    3,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I wonder how long it is?
    Hopefully at least three or four minutes.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Carillo: Tonya, did you know about the attack beforehand?

    Harding: What attack?

    Carillo: Um...our coverage will return after a few words from your local station. (Psst! Yo, Jerry! Tell Nancy that she can come in now!!)

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    If I had to guess, I would say it is likely to air during the Olympic coverage on Wednesday, 2/19, since that is the day the ladies are scheduled to skate their SPs and to commemorate the 1994 Olympic ladies' SP being the most highly watched Olympic ladies skating event in US history.
    Sounds like a good guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by allegria View Post
    Found an article that mentions NBC's documentary. It's being held in reserve in case bad weather cancels events:
    Thanks for the info. Isn't it sweet how we always have Tonya 'n' Nancy to fall back on?
    Last edited by neptune; 02-16-2014 at 03:50 AM.

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    There's one near you!!! :)
    Posts
    3,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Sneak peak of the Carillo interview:

    http://www.today.com/video/today/54423488#54423488

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    There's one near you!!! :)
    Posts
    3,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    From http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...on-nbc/238294/

    NANCY & TONYA DEBUTS SUNDAY, FEB. 23 AT 7 PM ET/6 PM CT ON NBC ON 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF 1994 WINTER OLYMPICS FIGURE SKATING COMPETITION.

  11. #51
    aka IceSkate98
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in the Twilight Zone
    Posts
    7,011
    vCash
    12630
    Rep Power
    92483
    Thank you! I just autotuned it. It's starting at 6 p.m. central here.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    There's one near you!!! :)
    Posts
    3,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    Thank you! I just autotuned it. It's starting at 6 p.m. central here.
    You're welcome. Hopefully there will be some interesting tidbits we haven't heard before. And I wonder what Tonya will say about the handwriting on the paper this time around.

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    741
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I only heard it mentioned one time when Bob Costas was still there (so had to be first couple days). He was talking to Mary after one of her stories and mentioned how its been 20 years since Tonya/Nancy and Mary had interviewed them both and it would be "coming up later in our coverage". That was the only time I've heard it mentioned.

    I wonder how long it is? the ESPN one was 90 minutes. I don't see how they could do something longer than 10 minutes during Prime Time coverage (you know, a typical time allotment for skating /sarcasamoff). Unless it will maybe air on the last Saturday or Sunday, when there are very few events left and they need to kill time before the Closing Ceremony?
    This is supposed to be on Sunday night. Is it the same thing as the one that was just on one of the ESPNs?

  14. #54

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    Posts
    5,837
    vCash
    4511
    Rep Power
    10351
    ^ Well, its the same 'story'. But it was done by NBC so ... different.

    But it is not simply a repeat of the ESPN version. Mary Carillo did all the interviews and this was produced by NBC.

  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    There's one near you!!! :)
    Posts
    3,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    But it is not simply a repeat of the ESPN version. Mary Carillo did all the interviews and this was produced by NBC.
    Right. I think one reason Nancy agreed to talk to NBC is that they convinced her they would give her a fair shake. Her response: "That's fine--just make it chocolate."

  16. #56

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Alone. With my eyes open.
    Posts
    3,877
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    399
    NBC version just started. Anyone watching?

  17. #57

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,844
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    32560
    I am, Lucky Charm. Tonya's karaoke was...unfortunate.

  18. #58

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Alone. With my eyes open.
    Posts
    3,877
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    399
    ^Not sure why they felt the need to include that.

    ETA: Jeff Gillooly sans mustache looks like a super nice guy. With it, he instantly becomes a comic book villain.

  19. #59

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,844
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    32560
    ^^^I know, like Snidely Whiplash...

    Tonya's 3axel was still something to see.

    Christine Brennan's presence is sure to offend someone....

  20. #60

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Alone. With my eyes open.
    Posts
    3,877
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Christine Brennan's presence is sure to offend someone....
    It did me, kinda. Not to mention Phil Hersh...

    Nancy is adorably awkward, both 20 years ago and today.

    at Tonya deriding Mozart.

    And lying saying she didn't smoke while she was competing. Girl, just stop.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •