Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    Love you Mirai! ♥ Bring it at 4CCs!!
    Re-posting.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Mirai, I'm so proud of you keeping it together during the exhibition after an emotional week. She cried before and after but not during the performance like a true professional

vCash
    I've been a fan of Mirai's for a long time and it's been so hard to watch her struggle. I've so wanted her to happy and find her place in this sport. She's young and seems to have turned a corner...so it's onward to the 4CC's where I hope she'll be on top of the podium!!

vCash
    Who is handling Mirai's training right now in preparation for 4cc's?

Any thoughts on who her coach should be in the US? Someone mentioned Yuka and Jason who will have a lot of space w/ Jeremy, Alissa and probably Valentina gone after this season.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Sending lots of <3 <3 <3 to Mirai. Hang in there, and know that many people out there are still rooting for you.

vCash
    To Sweet Mirai,

Thanks for all you have given to the skating world.

I just watched your Gala skate from Boston again and all I can say is that it is a moment I will never forget.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5d8n...ature=youtu.be

Many of us have watched you grow from a cute young girl into a beautiful young Lady so thanks for all the memories you have given us.

Please know you are a truly beloved skater with fans who will be with you forever.

I can't imagine how you will be ready to skate at 4CC so soon after such a bitter disappointment but remember there are many of us behind you cheering you on.

So please do what you have been doing for years and surprise us once again - not only with your wonderful skating but with your delightfully charming and genuine personality.

Be happy and well and remember you have shown us time and again that you have the heart of a champion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post

I just watched your Gala skate from Boston again and all I can say is that it is a moment I will never forget.

Now the true test if USFS is corrupt or VERY corrupt will be if they show Mirai's exhibition in their NBC broadcast on Saturday. One of the most poignant moments of the championships... I hope she kicks butt at 4CC and that one of the US ladies has to withdraw from the Olympics for some benign reason so she rightfully gets to go to her 2nd Olympic Games.

vCash
    To Sweet Mirai,

Many of us have watched you grow from a cute young girl into a beautiful young Lady so thanks for all the memories you have given us.

Please know you are a truly beloved skater with fans who will be with you forever.

I can't imagine how you will be ready to skate at 4CC so soon after such a bitter disappointment but remember there are many of us behind you cheering you on.

So please do what you have been doing for years and surprise us once again - not only with your wonderful skating but with your delightfully charming and genuine personality.

Be happy and well and remember you have shown us time and again that you have the heart of a champion.
    Beautiful!

vCash
    To Sweet Mirai,

You know, as long as the topic of conversation is NOT Ashley Wagner.. I rather like you. Beautifully said.

I personally think Mirai still has another 3 Olympics left in her - 2 in singles and one in pairs. (Seriously how awesome would Nagasu/Brubaker be? )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    It's Mirai's cheer thread. Please let's keep it upbeat!

Mirai said that training in Japan was a dream come true. Maybe it could become a reality? Skaters have trained in foreign countries before. Mura again perhaps - he did wonders for her post NHK - and she fought her way back to the podium at Nationals after a two year drought in an Olympic year! She knows she had the right to go to Sochi and earned it.

Love you Mirai! ♥ Bring it at 4CCs!!
    Mao trained in USA and won the WC later that season.
    Yuna spent an entire Olympic cycle in Canada and we know how much she won.

If Mirai wants to train in Japan and is able to it could possibly be a very good thing for her.

I have no idea if Mirai will ever make an Olympic team again but she is certainly young enough and talented enough to go for it.

Wishing her the best always.

Good luck at 4CC Mirai!

vCash
    I don't think that this was Mirai's last shot for the Olympics, it certainly wouldn't be a matter of talent, as there are very few skaters in the world with the talent she has. The last four years did not go as anyone expected, a big part of that though was that her body changed a lot. By the looks of her it only seems that within the past season her body has finally "settled" and I would imagine that training will be a lot simpler what with not having to constantly having to adjust to her new physical dimensions. She still has all her triples, and the UR issue seems to have improved. While I was disgusted with how things went down in Boston, I can't help but be really excited by the fact that she finished 3rd and was ever so close to 2nd. When you compare her performance with her two peers: Zhang and Flatt, who both fell by the wayside this quad for various reasons, it's pretty heartening to see Mirai still in the thick of things--and I would say she was still skating at only around 70% of her capability in Boston. I think Mirai has a lot more to show if she wants to, it's really up to her.

vCash
    Mr Lucky, thank you for posting the link to Mirai's exhibit. I could not open the links previously posted. Both her skating and the crowd's determination to show their support were wonderful to see. She is so incredibly attuned to the music that she makes time stop - she is holding it in her hand. Amazing that she could perform like that while being so miserable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSGP21 View Post
    Now the true test if USFS is corrupt or VERY corrupt will be if they show Mirai's exhibition in their NBC broadcast on Saturday. s.
    USFS determines what NBC shows? I would think that NBC would be eating up the opportunity to continue to push the controversial decision to boost viewership during their coverage of Sochi. But maybe not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Mr Lucky, thank you for posting the link to Mirai's exhibit. I could not open the links previously posted. Both her skating and the crowd's determination to show their support were wonderful to see. She is so incredibly attuned to the music that she makes time stop - she is holding it in her hand. Amazing that she could perform like that while being so miserable.
    Glad you finaly saw it and I agree with your comments.

Here is a nice HD of Mirai's LP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvfwxRMCLCw

I still makes me feel good watching how well Mirai skated that night.

One of the better observations from Scott: "She's got the crowd now"

and Sandra: "They really love her"

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Thanks for the program in HD. Sigh. and Sigh some more. :*(

vCash
    You can sign Mirai's petition here: https://www.change.org/petitions/u-s...agasu-to-sochi

vCash
    Glad you finaly saw it and I agree with your comments.

Here is a nice HD of Mirai's LP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvfwxRMCLCw

I still makes me feel good watching how well Mirai skated that night.

One of the better observations from Scott: "She's got the crowd now"

and Sandra: "They really love her"

LMFAO, they were HATING on Mirai!!! They were really expecting her to fail and have a massive meltdown but she proved them wrong so they had no choice at the end but to compliment her. poor them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirai4life View Post
    LMFAO, they were HATING on Mirai!!! They were really expecting her to fail and have a massive meltdown but she proved them wrong so they had no choice at the end but to compliment her. poor them.
    Whatever, my point was to show Mirai did win Scott and Sandra over by the way she skated. There is nothing better than when a crowd is on it's feet and roaring before the program is even done.

After Scott screeched when Mirai landed the last 2A I jumped off my chair, pumped my fists and also screeched Yeeeeessssss!! (my family thought I was nuts)

Thanks to Mirai for making the skating at Natls so exciting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    I don't think that this was Mirai's last shot for the Olympics, it certainly wouldn't be a matter of talent, as there are very few skaters in the world with the talent she has. The last four years did not go as anyone expected, a big part of that though was that her body changed a lot. By the looks of her it only seems that within the past season her body has finally "settled" and I would imagine that training will be a lot simpler what with not having to constantly having to adjust to her new physical dimensions. She still has all her triples, and the UR issue seems to have improved. While I was disgusted with how things went down in Boston, I can't help but be really excited by the fact that she finished 3rd and was ever so close to 2nd. When you compare her performance with her two peers: Zhang and Flatt, who both fell by the wayside this quad for various reasons, it's pretty heartening to see Mirai still in the thick of things--and I would say she was still skating at only around 70% of her capability in Boston. I think Mirai has a lot more to show if she wants to, it's really up to her.
    She is 20 years old. In 2018 she will be 24, competing against much younger ladies who can do more difficult jump combinations. Mirai has been competing at the senior level since she was 13-14. That's a lot of mileage on a body. I am not saying it would be impossible for her to make the Olympic team in 2018, but it will be very very difficult. Of course Shizuka won the OGM in 2006, but she had a world gold to her credit, and support of her fed - I believe because of her title in 2004.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Whatever, my point was to show Mirai did win Scott and Sandra over by the way she skated. There is nothing better than when a crowd is on it's feet and roaring before the program is even done.

After Scott screeched when Mirai landed the last 2A I jumped off my chair, pumped my fists and also screeched Yeeeeessssss!! (my family thought I was nuts)

Thanks to Mirai for making the skating at Natls so exciting.
    I saw a few people in the background do the same thing in the background of the video. lol I agree with Mirai4life though they weren't that supportive (almost expecting it to fall apart at some point) of her until the crowd was practically clapping after the last triple loop until the end.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast