Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Mark Gatiss shared this link...too cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=909TJ1pBH9U

SHERLOCK - The Musical (Season 3)
    Very well done.

I'd say to be on the safe side Spoilers for Episode 1
    Last edited by znachki; 01-17-2014 at 06:41 PM.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Mark Gatiss shared this link...too cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=909TJ1pBH9U

SHERLOCK - The Musical (Season 3)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    Be careful with the computer. I know in certain cases you can only switch back and forth a certain number of times before it locks you to one region.
    The thing is I didn't have to choose a region per se; it just plays whatever DVD I insert. Does that/would that make a difference?

vCash
    The thing is I didn't have to choose a region per se; it just plays whatever DVD I insert. Does that/would that make a difference?
    Might be OK then. I know at some point I got a message to the effect that if I did it again I couldn't switch. But, if you've done it several times, then its probably a non-issue.

vCash
    I checked my PBS station (WNED Buffalo) and they said they aren't showing Season 3 until February 13th because they feel it deserves a better time slot than 10 pm Sunday night! they will be showing it on Thursdays at 9! Grrrrr. I've been waiting for sooooo long! Anyone else have this issue?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    I checked my PBS station (WNED Buffalo) and they said they aren't showing Season 3 until February 13th because they feel it deserves a better time slot than 10 pm Sunday night! they will be showing it on Thursdays at 9! Grrrrr. I've been waiting for sooooo long! Anyone else have this issue?
    Ah, that sucks. No, here closer to NYC, they're showing it Sunday at 9:58pm. I'd invite you over, but that'd be some drive.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    Each episode should be available to watch at PBS.org the day after the national broadcast...if that helps a little.

vCash
    Some information about the Season 3 DVD (which I've already ordered, thank you very much! ):

http://www.anglotopia.net/british-en...8Anglotopia%29

SPECIAL FEATURES

The two disc DVD and Blu Ray releases of Season Three will include three special behind the scenes featurettes, The Fall, Fans, Villains & Speculation: The Legacy of Sherlock Holmes and Shooting Sherlock.
    Also, ordered digital copies of Unlocking Sherlock and Inseparable (short 12 minute film w/Benedict) from Amazon...only $1.99 each (plus tax)!

vCash
    I hope they put "Many Happy Returns" on the DVD too. It's still available online, but not the same.

vCash
    Twitter:

PBS ‏@PBS 1h
    For those of you asking, both Downton Abbey and Sherlock will be available online, on the PBS app, on Roku and Apple TV starting tomorrow.
    EDIT:

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/sherlock-empty-hearse/

EPISODE 01 | AIRED JAN 19, 2014
    'Sherlock' season premiere recap: Legends of the Fall
    'The Empty Hearse': Sherlock's brilliant premiere trolls Watson and fans alike
    By James Hibberd | Published Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by dardar1126; 01-20-2014 at 09:06 AM.

vCash
    Only 3 episodes. I am suffering from withdrawal. I WANT MORE !!!!
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Soooooooooooooooo many twists, turns, and red herrings...I loved it! I watched it twice, and still want to see it again.

I really believed John's intensely mixed feelings about Sherlock being alive...relief, shock, anger, betrayal; I'm glad they didn't make Sherlock's return easy for him/them.

I loved the game scene between Sherlock and Mycroft where it looked like they were playing chess...and then we realize they're playing OPERATION!

I wasn't sure how I'd react to Mary...but I think I like her!

I liked the survival scenario scene where Sherlock kissed Molly...sexy! And then later when he actually kissed her on the cheek...aaaaaaaw! And the reveal of Molly's Sherlock-lite boyfriend was hilarious!!

And it was BRILLIANT to cast Benedict's actual parents Wanda Ventham and Timothy Carlton to play Sherlock's parents!

(I didn't get much sleep...may add more thoughts later....)

EDIT:

I loved the restaurant scene where Sherlock plays the smarmy French waiter...HILARIOUS!
    Last edited by dardar1126; 01-20-2014 at 05:02 PM.

vCash
    And just a bit of Benedict ephemera:

Yahoo TV ‏@YahooTV 51m
    Benedict Cumberbatch opened the 2012 Olympics w/ best video no one in America saw http://youtu.be/rvK1X_MdMN0 via @DruMoorhouse #CumberbatchDay

vCash
    Sherlock adjusting his collar, tousling his hair, and kissing Molly was SO HOT. I'm just going to pretend that was real.

And his scene with Molly wishing her happiness was heartbreaking.
    Last edited by ssminnow; 01-20-2014 at 04:37 PM.

vCash
    Soooooooooooooooo many twists, turns, and red herrings...I loved it! I watched it twice, and still want to see it again.

I really believed John's intensely mixed feeling about Sherlock being alive...relief, shock, anger, betrayal; I'm glad they didn't make Sherlock's return easy for him/them.

I loved the game scene between Sherlock and Mycroft where it looked like they were playing chess...and then we realize they're playing OPERATION!

I wasn't sure how I'd react to Mary...but I think I like her!

I liked the survival scenario scene where Sherlock kissed Molly...sexy! And then later when he actually kissed her on the cheek...aaaaaaaw! And the reveal of Molly's Sherlock-lite boyfriend was hilarious!!

And it was BRILLIANT to cast Benedict's actual parents Wanda Ventham and Timothy Carlton to play Sherlock's parents!

(I didn't get much sleep...may add more thoughts later....)

I loved the restaurant scene where Sherlock plays the smarmy French waiter...HILARIOUS!
    ITA with all of this. Except I didn't know that it was Benedict's actual parents -- that's so cool! (Mycroft being tortured in having to take them to Les Mis -- hilarious!)

I'm also really glad they had the multiple versions of how Sherlock faked his death ... but never said which was the actual way. Such a fantastic way to acknowledge the fans. (And the Scottish girl's version that ended with Sherlock and Moriarty kissing ... ).

And major kudos to the writing & editing of the scene that flashed back and forth between Sherlock & and Mrs Hudson, and John in his (obviously) boring GP job. Especially:

Mrs Hudson: "And what did John say?"
    Sherlock: "He said F..."
    (quick cut to John): "Cough."

vCash
    Brilliant return of Sherlock. I was on th edge of my seat waiting for the next revelation.
    It was intense, witty, and even a little romance (the kiss w/Molly and the the kiss w/ Moriarty on the roof).
    I will have to re-watch this episode because there were so many twists and turns I want to
    make sure I did not miss anything. I thought that they humanized Sherlock a little in
    this episode but will it last.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ssminnow View Post
    Sherlock adjusting his collar, tousling his hair, and kissing Molly was SO HOT. I'm just going to pretend that was real.
    Did you stay tuned for the behind-the-scenes thing that came right after? I loved Louise Brealey talking about shooting that scene, and how "difficult" it was to have to do several takes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Did you stay tuned for the behind-the-scenes thing that came right after? I loved Louise Brealey talking about shooting that scene, and how "difficult" it was to have to do several takes.
    My local PBS station didn't show the behind-the-scenes thing

vCash
    For those who may not know, Amanda Abbington (who plays Mary Morstan) is Martin Freeman's real-life partner (together for about 14 yrs, but have never married), and mother of his children**.

P.S. And she plays department head Miss Mardle on Mr. Selfridge.

EDIT:

I bought a digital copy on Amazon.com for $1.99 + tax.

Sherlock, Season 3, Ep. 3 "Sherlock Uncovered: The Return"
    EDIT2:

**Two children...Joe and Grace.
    Last edited by dardar1126; 01-20-2014 at 05:44 PM.

vCash
    Are you sure? There was quite a bit of a wait: there tons of "next week" previews, ads, and thanks to our sponsors to get through first. But since the program was only 90 minutes and the timeslot was booked for the full 2 hours (on the Seattle broadcast), I waited, just in case ... and was rewarded.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast