Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

vCash
    Mary, Mary who would have thought! Would love to see Mary take on Irene "the woman".

Excellent episode!

vCash
    Twitter:

Masterpiece PBS ‏@masterpiecepbs 58s
    NEW #SherlockPBS video: There was something about Mary this season - http://to.pbs.org/1eeCloW @CHIMPSINSOCKS

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Also apparently Sherlock's parents are..Sherlock's parents. (Conveniently, mum and dad are actors, too.)

I have to agree with someone on FB..."How can we miss you when you never went away?" It's not all that shocking or surprising when he's barely been gone. Also the show spent so much time on ooh, ahh, Sherlock's "mental palace" and visual tricks and jump cuts...I never really cared about the villain and whoops, he's dead anyway...no discernible reason except a short contrived "Sherlock's totally going away forever! fakeout.) I'm tired of information being withheld from viewers (more specifics about Mary and what Sherlock figured out) just to be coy and create fake tension. This season seems to be 90% gimmick, 10% plot so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    Mary, Mary who would have thought! Would love to see Mary take on Irene "the woman".

Excellent episode!
    As would I.
    All I can say is "Wow"!

vCash
    Twitter:

TVGuideHanh ‏@TVGuideHanh 10h
    So best #Sherlock finale ever right? Here's my postmortem w/ Moffat, @suevertue @chimpsinsocks http://tvgd.co/1fnzXsn #SherlockPBS

vCash
    OK, I don't even know where to begin...soooooooooooooo much awesomeness!

Magnussen - What a slimy, creepy villain! Not only the blackmail, but licking that lady's face and pissing on Sherlock's shelf...eeeeeewwwwwwww! He got what he deserved, but at what cost to Sherlock?

Mary - Did NOT see THAT coming! I too don't quite understand why she didn't just kill Magnussen and work out a plausible story with Sherlock. I wonder what was on that memory stick, and what A.G.R.A. stands for? Will be interesting to see where her story goes from here.

Janine - Some sexy goings-on! But I figured it was some kind of game or ruse on Sherlock's part...but it was hot while it lasted. And John's reactions were PRICELESS!

Christmas with the parents - Sooooooooooooo funny! I love seeing the dysfunctional family played out...the sibling rivalry between Mycroft and Sherlock, the boys' exasperation with their parents, the boys hiding their smoking from mum...good stuff! I love Wanda and Timothy!!

The "return" of Moriarty - WHOA! He's DEAD, right? RIGHT? But he's on the telly...did he prearrange this with an ally in case of his death? To what evil purpose? Can't wait to find out.

The departure and rapid return of Sherlock - Touching scene between Sherlock and John...I love their heartfelt scenes of love and friendship. So, will Sherlock get away with murdering Magnussen because England needs his help?

I've read that we may get the next series by this coming Christmas (or the UK will)...hope this is true...I need more SHERLOCK, and SOON!

EDIT:

Sherlock in the drug den - Interesting seeing him so grungy and disheveled. I loved the scene of Molly slapping him and telling him to get his act together...I like forceful Molly!
    Last edited by dardar1126; 02-03-2014 at 05:34 PM.

vCash
    How long must we wait for the next series?
    I have enjoyed all of the "Unlocking Sherlock" episodes, and other extras shared, as well.

vCash
    For CABIN PRESSURE fans...via Twitter:

John Finnemore ‏@JohnFinnemore 1h
    The last episode of Cabin Pressure will be recorded in London on Sunday 23rd February. Full details here: http://tinyurl.com/n9zneba

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Magnussen - What a slimy, creepy villain! Not only the blackmail, but licking that lady's face and pissing on Sherlock's shelf...eeeeeewwwwwwww!
    I know - ugh!

Mary - Did NOT see THAT coming! ... I wonder what was on that memory stick, and what A.G.R.A. stands for?
    I know, right? I believe she said that A.G. RA were her initials.

Janine - Some sexy goings-on! But I figured it was some kind of game or ruse on Sherlock's part...but it was hot while it lasted. And John's reactions were PRICELESS!
    Not too sexy. He does say in the hospital that he was saving "that" for after the wedding. Also, when I saw it a second time, it was very clear when he kissed her goodbye that he was up to something. Take a look at his face, and the instant turn off of the smile.

Christmas with the parents - Sooooooooooooo funny! I love seeing the dysfunctional family played out...the sibling rivalry between Mycroft and Sherlock, the boys' exasperation with their parents, the boys hiding their smoking from mum...good stuff! I love Wanda and Timothy!!
    Yes to all of this!

The "return" of Moriarty...did he prearrange this with an ally in case of his death? To what evil purpose? Can't wait to find out.
    That or it's possible that he used one of his decoys (which is right out of the stories)

There have been discussions by people saying that they didn't like Sherlock being a murderer. But really, you have to think that he's killed at least a few people off screen. His stints post Irene Adler and in hunting down Moriarity's network. I think he just "did the math". How else was he goint to stop Magnusson?

C'mon Christmas....

Also? Crack vid #3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI39P5iI5Rg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    I know, right? I believe she said that A.G. RA were her initials.

Not too sexy. He does say in the hospital that he was saving "that" for after the wedding. Also, when I saw it a second time, it was very clear when he kissed her goodbye that he was up to something. Take a look at his face, and the instant turn off of the smile.

C'mon Christmas....
    A.G.R.A. - Yes, her initials, but what do they stand for...there's the mystery yet unsolved.

I saw that quick expression change from big smile to all business...I love seeing Benedict go so rapidly between different emotional levels and expressions (like in the best man's speech).

Any wait for the next series will be TOO LONG!

EDIT: I just remembered...

William Sherlock Scott Holmes!
    Last edited by dardar1126; 02-03-2014 at 06:06 PM.

vCash
    .I love seeing Benedict go so rapidly between different emotional levels and expressions (like in the best man's speech).
    And dealing with Mary.

He is a great actor.

vCash
    Bizarre ep, but ultimately a very good one. I laughed SO HARD at the smoking part. "Are you smoking?" "NO!" "It was Mycroft!" Also at "Sherlock is actually a girl's name." Nice try, honey.

Besides being Mary's initials, A.G.R.A. is also a reference to the treasure from Agra, India, in "The Sign of Four." (No, I did not remember that on my own. I heard someone mention it. )
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Besides being Mary's initials, A.G.R.A. is also a reference to the treasure from Agra, India, in "The Sign of Four." (No, I did not remember that on my own. I heard someone mention it. )
    I love the little Easter eggs and clues that the writer(s) put in!

EDIT:

http://www.vulture.com/2014/02/sherl...witter_vulture

Today at 9:40 AM
    Sherlock’s Amanda Abbington on the Finale, Mary’s Big Secret, and Drunk Martin Freeman
    By Denise Martin

EDIT2:

Masterpiece PBS ‏@masterpiecepbs 9m
    NEW #SherlockPBS video: Martin Freeman & @CHIMPSINSOCKS discuss being both an on/off-screen couple - http://to.pbs.org/MndAuA
    EDIT3:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-...eries-3-finale

America reacts to Sherlock series 3 finale

SPOILER ALERT: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman went up against the Super Bowl last night - but what did American viewers and critics make of the twists and turns of His Last Vow?
    Last edited by dardar1126; 02-03-2014 at 10:07 PM.

on my couch awaitin' Figure Skating season
    vCash
    I was watching the actor, Lars Mikkelsen, who plays Magnussen thinking that he looked almost exactly like the actor who plays "Hannibal" on the NBC show, but I knew that he wasn't balding. Looked it up - they are brothers, with Mad Mikkelsen being in Hannibal - both are playing such creepy characters. It's the slashing, prominent cheekbones.

vCash
    "Sherl"
    "Mike"
    "Mixed messages."
    "I was just typing."

vCash
    Bizarre ep, but ultimately a very good one. I laughed SO HARD at the smoking part. "Are you smoking?" "NO!" "It was Mycroft!" Also at "Sherlock is actually a girl's name." Nice try, honey.
    I cracked up every time their mother called Mycroft "Mike". You know she is the ONLY person who can get away with that.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Jeanine called him that too, though not to his face, as far as we saw.

vCash
    I love that show.
    So many layers to it, the whole season, especially the 1st episode ( Empty Hearse) massively improves on rewatch.
    It's hard to wait for two years!
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Twitter:

PBS ‏@PBS 3h
    Behold! Cumberbatch, er-- we mean #Counterbatch is finally here: http://to.pbs.org/counterbatch // #SherlockPBS @masterpiecepbs
    Benedict Sherlock, Murray-arty and The Count...Benedict meets the Muppets, and it's probably the best thing you'll see today!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Also at "Sherlock is actually a girl's name." Nice try, honey.
    Well they could always call her Shirley ...

I'm still processing the awesomeness of this episode, and the whole season. (If we can actually call it a "season" when it's only 3 episodes, boo.) Definitely going to have to watch it again very soon.

I do agree with danceronice somewhat, though, that the "there's a huge secret but we're not going to tell you about it" is a trick used once too often. Although, I think in this case (re: Mary/Agra) the fact that we know a little, but not the actual details, is okay. I'm sure they've done it at least in part as a nod to the fandom, letting us all come up with our own theories (and maybe even form little clubs to debate those theories), but it also fits with the whole air of mystery of both the original Conan Doyle Sherlock, and the Sherlock that is the genius love-child of Moffat and Gatiss.

BTW, I would have put money on Irene showing up somehow in this episode, since they showed her (and I do mean showed her!) briefly in Sherlock's mind palace last episode. Huh. But maybe an Irene-Mary showdown is something they're saving up for next season. Plus it would have been hard for Sherlock to work Janine if Irene were around.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast