Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    There's a T-shirt company in the UK that makes topical shirts only available for 24 hours. I'm loving the two Sherlock-themed ones available today:

http://www.qwertee.com/images/designs/mens/37199.jpg

http://www.qwertee.com/images/designs/mens/37200.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    There's a T-shirt company in the UK that makes topical shirts only available for 24 hours. I'm loving the two Sherlock-themed ones available today:

http://www.qwertee.com/images/designs/mens/37199.jpg

http://www.qwertee.com/images/designs/mens/37200.jpg
    Those are EXCELLENT!

Twitter:

Masterpiece PBS ‏@masterpiecepbs 1h
    #SherlockPBS death deception -- how did he do it? Series stars & creators offer backstory, and fav fan theories. http://to.pbs.org/LNHYOj
    EDIT2:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...wedding-673975

'Sherlock': Amanda Abbington on John/Mary's Wedding and a Dark Shift (Q&A)

10:00 AM PST 1/25/2014 by Philiana Ng
    Last edited by dardar1126; 01-25-2014 at 07:26 PM.

vCash
    Spoiler for Ep 2 - So don't open until after you've seen it.

Spoiler

vCash
    Martin Freeman is TV Line's "Performer of the Week" http://tvline.com/2014/01/25/martin-...e/#more-488042

For safety's sake, stay away from the comments.

vCash
    Did they NOT give runner-up to his mustache (okay, that was last week)? A travesty.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    From the Television Without Pity recap:

Writer Mark Gatiss skates the line between text and commentary so well, I'm disappointed he won't be competing in Sochi. His triple Axel that is "The Empty Hearse" is nearly flawless. Even the Chinese judges agree.

vCash
    No discussions of "The Sign of Three"?!?

It was another episode of completely brilliant and fan-gifting character development, but the "mystery" of the week was, again, quite lacking. However I didn't care. Not one bit.

I absolutely love how they've written Mary, and Amanda Abbington's performance of her. I love how she supports the John-Sherlock relationship, doesn't come between them, but still has her own relationship with both of them. I love how she completely sees Sherlock, and brings him out of his shell. I loved how she was egging both of them on to pick a new case.

The scene with Sherlock, all the ghost-dating-women, and Mycroft (and Irene! ) was brilliant. (BTW, anyone else think that her brief appearance in ep 2 means there's a good chance we'll see her show up, more substantively, in ep 3?)

Molly's consistently absurd yet oddly wedding-appropriate wardrobe -- and her treatment of poor non-Sherlock -- LOL!

The speech. The speech! OMG, the speech!

And the final scenes, with the violin performance, the dances ... and then Sherlock's absolutely crushed facial expression before he stalks off into the night ... well I've been known to cry at weddings, real and fictional, but this was the first time I've cried that way.

vCash
    I'm loving all of this!.

Sherlock himself is the "mystery", IMO.
    Watching him surmount his difficulties and build a life; while retaining the qualities/abilities that make him so extraordinary, is fascinating.

I so admire Benedict Cumberbatch's genius in portraying this; and Martin Freeman in support of him.
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 01-27-2014 at 06:13 PM.

vCash
    No discussions of "The Sign of Three"?!?

It was another episode of completely brilliant and fan-gifting character development, but the "mystery" of the week was, again, quite lacking. However I didn't care. Not one bit.

I absolutely love how they've written Mary, and Amanda Abbington's performance of her. I love how she supports the John-Sherlock relationship, doesn't come between them, but still has her own relationship with both of them. I love how she completely sees Sherlock, and brings him out of his shell. I loved how she was egging both of them on to pick a new case.

The scene with Sherlock, all the ghost-dating-women, and Mycroft (and Irene! ) was brilliant. (BTW, anyone else think that her brief appearance in ep 2 means there's a good chance we'll see her show up, more substantively, in ep 3?)

Molly's consistently absurd yet oddly wedding-appropriate wardrobe -- and her treatment of poor non-Sherlock -- LOL!

The speech. The speech! OMG, the speech!

And the final scenes, with the violin performance, the dances ... and then Sherlock's absolutely crushed facial expression before he stalks off into the night ... well I've been known to cry at weddings, real and fictional, but this was the first time I've cried that way.
    I totally agree...a brilliant episode in all respects! One got to experience the entire range of emotions through every twist and turn of the story.

And that best man speech was a tour de force performance from Benedict...heart-felt and touching...comic timing personified...all the rapid-fire deducting...an entire acting class in one fell swoop!

And the other actors had wonderful moments...Rupert Graves/Lestrade in that opening sequence of frustration, and later at the wedding reception...the lovely scenes with Una Stubbs/Mrs. Hudson and John...sweet scenes with fan-favorite-because-she-is-us Louise/Molly.

And I just adore drunk Sherlock!

vCash
    ^^^ Yep to all of that^^^

The speech - Moffat & Gatiss talked about the fact that it needed to be both horrible and brilliant at the same time, which is was. I loved the whole part where he was talking about John coming to ask him about being his best man, and the line that he had realized later that he had not expressed any of it out loud.

"I'm not a pyschopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath - with your number" and then the most frightening "grin" I have ever seen

Sherlock's reaction to John in the scene in the Guard shower. Cause John was large and in charge as they say.

The stag night!

btw - PBS doesn't like asshole (truncated to ass), but has no problem with dickhead...just so you know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    btw - PBS doesn't like asshole (truncated to ass), but has no problem with dickhead...just so you know.
    Well you have to draw the line somewhere.

vCash
    I don't think I can watch next week, knowing there will be no more Sherlock for another year or decade. Also, Molly's "we are having lots of sex" line was so hilarious that the actress herself seemed to not be able to deliver it with a straight face.

vCash
    http://www.vulture.com/2014/01/steve...witter_vulture

Today at 12:10 PM

Steven Moffat Explains the Origins of Sherlock’s Best-Man Speech
    By Denise Martin

EDIT:

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...t-wedding.html

'Sherlock' Season 3: Amanda Abbington and Martin Freeman's not-wedding

By Kate O'Hare January 26, 2014 5:45 PM ET
    Last edited by dardar1126; 01-27-2014 at 08:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126;4131669
    [url
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2014/01/sherlock-season-3-amanda-abbington-and-martin-freemans-not-wedding.html[/url]

There have been death threats against Abbington by some of the pyscho JohnLock folks. Then look at the reaction in the comments to her statements about some of the JohnLock fan art. Geeze... (I know, I know, never read the comments...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...t-wedding.html

Heads up, there's a spoilerish kind of hint about episode 3 in that article, so don't read if you want to stay completely spoiler free.

I wish I hadn't read it, now I'm imagining all kinds of things ...

vCash
    Heads up, there's a spoilerish kind of hint about episode 3 in that article, so don't read if you want to stay completely spoiler free.

I wish I hadn't read it, now I'm imagining all kinds of things ...
    I think I missed that. Don't read the recap at Entertainment Weekly. There is a spoiler in that as well. Unless he's taken down.

vCash
    Sorry guys, I didn't think there were any spoilers in that article.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Sorry guys, I didn't think there were any spoilers in that article.
    No worries, it happens. And it's really more spoiler-hint than actual spoiler -- it's only people who are highly spoiler-intolerant (me) who will care.

vCash
    One more thing I loved about the episode: "the elephant in the room."

vCash
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...watsons-674146

'Sherlock': 10 Funniest Quotes from Watson's Wedding
    8:30 PM PST 1/26/2014 by Aaron Couch, Philiana Ng

The world's greatest best man speech -- and the mystery of the invisible man -- provide some hilarious moments for the PBS/BBC show's second episode of season three.

EDIT:

Fair number of typos in this article.
    Last edited by dardar1126; 01-28-2014 at 01:02 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast