Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Are you sure? There was quite a bit of a wait: there tons of "next week" previews, ads, and thanks to our sponsors to get through first. But since the program was only 90 minutes and the timeslot was booked for the full 2 hours (on the Seattle broadcast), I waited, just in case ... and was rewarded.
    Yeah I left the channel on for 1.5 hours after Sherlock ended and there was nothing except a brief preview of the next episode and an equally brief interview with Benedict Cumberbatch.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    ^ Aw, that's too bad. I'd write an angry email to your PBS if I were you!

It will be on the DVD though if you're planning on getting that. And as dardar said it's available for digital download.

vCash
    More great moments...

The reveal in Serbia that the man being beaten is Sherlock (!) and one of his guards is Mycroft (!!).

That scene with Watson and Mrs. Hudson where he tells her he's met someone, and she assumes it's a MAN! Such a witty, bantering exchange that ends with Watson declaring "I'M*NOT*GAY!"

The very tense scenes of John trapped in that Guy Fawkes bonfire as Sherlock frantically tries to rescue him. (Nice reference point since they are about to investigate a plan to bomb Parliament...and that's what Fawkes attempted.)
    Last edited by dardar1126; 01-20-2014 at 05:38 PM.

vCash
    Deleted due to duplicate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    The very tense scenes of John trapped in that Guy Fawkes bonfire as Sherlock frantically tries to rescue him. (Nice reference point since they are about to investigate a plan to bomb Parliament...and that's what Fawkes attempted.)
    That was well done, and I loved how it brought Mary & Sherlock together. The scheduling of the Guy Fawkes thing struck me as odd, though. I suppose some places might move bonfire night to the weekend closest to Nov 5, but traditionally bonfire night is on Nov 5, weekend on not. So for them to have the bonfire night on Nov 4 instead seemed weird.

(And really, what idiot at Westminster schedules a big, all-night debate for parliament on Nov 5 for hank's sake? )

When they had the kids doing their "penny for the Guy" thing early in the episode (when John went back to Baker St, before Sherlock's reappearance), I did think at the time that it was foreshadowing. And it's been a long time since I read the Conan Doyle books -- was this one based on one of his stories? (I vaguely remember the first Downey Sherlock movie being about a plot to bomb parliament ...)

vCash
    Twitter:

Masterpiece PBS ‏@masterpiecepbs 5m
    “@louisebrealey: Hello. I did an interview with Entertainment Weekly about #SherlockPBS and rubber gloves. http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/01/19/sh...t-cumberbatch/ …”
    She's quite an interesting young woman!

vCash
    dardar1126, can you PM me the Amazon page of the behind the scenes episode? I can't seem to find it...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ssminnow View Post
    dardar1126, can you PM me the Amazon page of the behind the scenes episode? I can't seem to find it...
    Done.

EDIT: OOPS...wrong one...see 2nd message.

vCash
    I loved the bit with the Holmes parents.

vCash
    On the off-topic section of Planet Gallifrey (the Doctor Who board) the Sherlock discussion took a wild left-hand turn in a discussion of the accuracy - or lack thereof - and then the usual who cares/I care about the schedule and etc, etc, of the Undergound line and the type of train, and how long it took and etc., etc. Totally had me at the irony.

Loved John's reaction to the return, loved the scenarios, loved the reveal of Molly's boyfriend and the pause Sherlock made as he put on his scarf. I love that fact that BC's real parents played his on-screen parents. And I like Mary. I just hope she doesn't share the fate of book Mary, but they've changed things up in many areas all along, that it isn't inevitable.

When I first saw the ep, my thought was, fun,lots of fan service, but slightly underwhelmed. But, I also thought that they needed to set up whatever was coming.

In other matters. The only things that seemed to be cut were a couple of words. In one case, in the bomb diffusing scene John calls Sherlock a "cock", and I think he did it in one other instance. So - that's good.

vCash
    A very thorough recap:

http://www.thirteen.org/program-cont...n-3-episode-1/

A Sherlockian Synopsis – Sherlock: Season 3, Episode 1 Recap (aired 1/19/2014)

EDIT:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...iere-10-672349

'Sherlock' Season 3 Premiere: 10 Funniest Quotes
    8:45 PM PST 1/19/2014 by Philiana Ng, Aaron Couch

Watson's mustache, Sherlock's parents and a very surprising French accent are among the standouts of the PBS/BBC show's return.

http://ibelieveinmycroft.tumblr.com/...n-in-the-empty

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE DUEL IN DEDUCTION, IN THE EMPTY HEARSE

Earlier tonight I was asked to transcribe Mycroft and Sherlock’s little duel in deduction over that hat. I have now done so. There’s a lot to be pulled out of this for analysis, but it’s late, so I will give it to you without commentary, for now. It’s not perfect, at all. With my thanks to drinkingcocoa-tpp, theprogressofspring and cakeanddust for the corrections.
    Last edited by dardar1126; 01-20-2014 at 07:52 PM.

vCash
    The entire Holmes family...Sherlock, Mycroft, and Mum & Dad Holmes:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeckFttCEAAOZTB.jpg

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Via Twitter...

@TVGuideMagazine: Benedict Cumberbatch on how his parents landed on #Sherlock: "They're trained actors and were available!" #TCA14"

EDIT2: More SHERLOCK nepotism...

Producer Sue Vertue is married to Stephen Moffat; her mum Beryl Vertue is also a producer.

Mark Gatiss's husband Ian Hallard played Moriarty's attorney in The Reichenbach Fall (Season 2).

Benedict's girlfriend-at-the-time Olivia Poulet played the administrative assistant in The Blind Banker (Season 1).
    Last edited by dardar1126; 01-21-2014 at 12:37 AM.

vCash
    Ok, some people have waaaay too much time on their hands ...

25 references and in-jokes you might have missed

at #23

vCash

at #23
    I love this kind of minutiae!

vCash

at #23
    "Magical Genetic Combo".

When I saw the Ep the first time, I wondered about them, because I knew his parents were actors, so I went to look them up and found out they were his parents. I think it was her eyes.

#10 - I can't believe that none of the recaps I've read, mentioned that. It's like one of the most famous "Holmesisms" ever.

#23 - I know...why not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    "Magical Genetic Combo".

When I saw the Ep the first time, I wondered about them, because I knew his parents were actors, so I went to look them up and found out they were his parents. I think it was her eyes.
    I agree...his facial features really resemble his mum...but he has his dad's facial shape and height.

I find his slighty odd, alien looks VERY appealing...attractive...SEXY! Add to that the fabulous voice, intelligence and wit, and I'm a goner!!

vCash
    Posting to bump the thread up, and to say that I got my Series 3 DVD's in the mail last night!!! I think I've watched each episode at least 3 times now. Always something different to discover.

If you aren't taping them as you watch, you might want to reconsider that. Just sayin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    Posting to bump the thread up, and to say that I got my Series 3 DVD's in the mail last night!!!
    Region 2 I assume? Region 1 doesn't get released til Feb 11. Mine are on order.

I agree that all the episodes stand up to multiple viewings. I recorded last week's and might re-watch before this Sunday. (Even if only to spot the Tardis. )

vCash
    Region 2 I assume? Region 1 doesn't get released til Feb 11. Mine are on order.

Yep - Region 2. Had to complete my set correctly doncha know.

I agree that all the episodes stand up to multiple viewings. I recorded last week's and might re-watch before this Sunday. (Even if only to spot the Tardis. )
    I know - right? There are a couple of scenes that on the rewatch, had me sort of reassessing a few things. Can't wait to be able to talk about it.

vCash
    Twitter:

Masterpiece PBS ‏@masterpiecepbs 2m
    Step on set of #SherlockPBS with stars Benedict Cumberbatch & Martin Freeman in this E1 behind the scenes slideshow: http://to.pbs.org/KyBoef

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast