Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash

Sherlock Season 3 - PBS broadcast schedule - spoiler-free zone

(For those who have exercised tremendous self-control and are waiting for the Masterpiece broadcast starting on January 19 ... this is the place for you.)

I just finished watching "Unlocking Sherlock," and on the weekend re-watched "The Reichenbach Fall" ... so I'm more than ready for Sunday night now!

I'm glad I watched Unlocking: I almost didn't, because I thought it was the same as the behind-the-scenes thingie on the season 2 DVD. It was very well done, and I particularly enjoyed the readings of the original texts juxtaposed with scenes from the show -- since I certainly didn't have that level of memory about the Conan-Doyle books.

Anyway, roll on Sunday! I can't remember the last time I've anticipated anything this much!

vCash
    Thanks for starting this new thread...can hardly wait until Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Benedict Cumberbatch is on the cover of this weeks Entertainment Weekly http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/01/15/th...t-cumberbatch/

All I can say is YOWZA!

Accompanying blurb contains a casting spoiler and a bit of general story information that might be considered spoilery if you don't want to know anything. Although if you've seen the ads or previews I believe you've seen this info.

Also, you could avert your eyes and not read the story, because - PICTURE!

vCash
    I think Benedict is STUNNING...both mind and body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Back off, he's mine! I saw him first!

(Well, not first ... but I was a fan long before his Sherlock days. And I have seen him perform live. )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Back off, he's mine! I saw him first!

(Well, not first ... but I was a fan long before his Sherlock days. And I have seen him perform live. )
    I hate you! Not really.

I remember first seeing him in "To the Ends of the Earth" and thinking weird name but wow!

What did you see him in? I fear that it will be awhile before he'll be doing any stage work, given the amount of movies he's been doing lately.

Thing is, he should always have that longish black hair, which is not his own. I'm such a sucker for the black hair/light eyes combo..

vCash
    I saw him live in London in Hedda Gabler (2005) -- total fluke, it was a same-day half-price ticket thing, I didn't even know he was in it til I read the program. I'd "noticed" him (iykwim, ) before that in Tipping the Velvet and Fortysomething.

He's a very busy boy with movies these days, but I'd be willing to bet there will be a too-good-to-pass-up theatre role coming his way before too long. And wouldn't it be a bonus if it were on this side of the pond?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I saw him live in London in Hedda Gabler (2005) -- total fluke, it was a same-day half-price ticket thing, I didn't even know he was in it til I read the program. I'd "noticed" him (iykwim, ) before that in Tipping the Velvet and Fortysomething.

He's a very busy boy with movies these days, but I'd be willing to bet there will be a too-good-to-pass-up theatre role coming his way before too long. And wouldn't it be a bonus if it were on this side of the pond?
    Wasn't he just in Frankenstein in London last year? With Johnny Lee Miller, no less. So it sounds like he still keeps his hand in the stage acting, even when he's busy with other projects. So you do have hope.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    Wasn't he just in Frankenstein in London last year? With Johnny Lee Miller, no less. So it sounds like he still keeps his hand in the stage acting, even when he's busy with other projects. So you do have hope.
    That was actually in 2011. After season 1 of Sherlock but before Khan and Smaug -- so his career was already rising steadily at that point but it hadn't yet completely exploded (in a good way!).

vCash
    We just borrowed season 3 from the library and will re-watch the last episode before Sunday. So, so excited for season 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    Benedict Cumberbatch is on the cover of this weeks Entertainment Weekly http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/01/15/th...t-cumberbatch/
    Hello, handsome!!

Who's heard him in the BBC radio show Cabin Pressure? It's hilarious. His character could not possibly be any more different from Sherlock, but he nails it.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Hello, handsome!!

Who's heard him in the BBC radio show Cabin Pressure? It's hilarious. His character could not possibly be any more different from Sherlock, but he nails it.
    I bought the whole Cabin Pressure series...absolutely, freakin' BRILLIANT! John Finnemore (who plays Arthur & writes the series) has said that there will be one more series**; is expected that Benedict will be in it. I love the whole cast...Roger Allam is so funny!

Another comedy with Benedict is Starter for Ten, starring James McAvoy and Rebecca Hall (who reunited w/Benedict a couple of years ago in Parade's End). Alice Eve was also in it...she reunited with Benedict in Star Trek: Into Darkness.

I'm really glad that Gatiss and Moffat have included so much humor in Sherlock...everyone knew Martin was funny, but many probably didn't know that Benedict is too.

** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabin_P...(radio_series)

Final episode

Finnemore has stated that a final 45-minute special episode ("Zurich") will be recorded early in 2014.
    Last edited by dardar1126; 01-16-2014 at 05:53 AM.

vCash
    I think he's kind of peculiar looking, but I guess I can see how people would find him sexy. The voice, yeah.

We're plunging ahead with illegal downloads . . . and I don't think it's spoilery to say that BC as Sherlock doing a huge cheesy fake smile is the scariest thing ever.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Twitter:

PBS ‏@PBS 12m
    Sherlock returns to @masterpiecePBS Sunday night at 9:58/8:58c (note special start time!) http://to.pbs.org/K6EaY8 #SherlockPBS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    ... Sunday night at 9:58/8:58c (note special start time!)
    Thanks for that. Somewhat moot for me as I'll be watching Downton Abbey before that, but I'll probably want to record Sherlock for 2nd viewing.

Mind you, with all the commercials PBS plays now before and after the big shows, the actual episode probably won't start til around 10:05. But I'd hate to miss Alan Cumming's intro.

Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    We're plunging ahead with illegal downloads ... and I don't think it's spoilery to say that BC as Sherlock doing a huge cheesy fake smile is the scariest thing ever.
    Scarier than Sheldon's huge cheesy fake smile? Coz that's pretty freakin' scary!

vCash
    Twitter:
    Just looked at the time allotment for the show - 1:58. So, that's good. The run time of the episode is pretty much the full 1:30. I was concerned they'd shoe-horn it into a 1:30 slot at the risk of some trimming. So, looking good for no cuts.

vCash
    Just bumping this up for Sunday. Can't wait - even though I've already seen it! I've also ordered the UK DVDs. I love my region free DVD player!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    Just bumping this up for Sunday. Can't wait - even though I've already seen it! I've also ordered the UK DVDs. I love my region free DVD player!!!
    I bought a region-free DVD player last year...best purchase EVER!! And I recently discovered that my laptop is region-free in playing DVDs...SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Mark Gatiss shared this link...too cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=909TJ1pBH9U

SHERLOCK - The Musical (Season 3)

vCash
    I bought a region-free DVD player last year...best purchase EVER!! And I recently discovered that my laptop is region-free in playing DVDs...SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Be careful with the computer. I know in certain cases you cna only switch back and forth a certain number of times before it locks you to one region.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast