vCash

Did the Shibutanis have anything to do with Mirai situation?

Did the Japanese American Shibutanis who made the team the night before have anything to do with the decision to leave Mirai off the team? Was the potential of having 3 Japanese on the USA squad a little too much for the USFS and the American public? There is so much mystery and confusion about the Mirai decision.. Although this probably wasn't verbally brought up in the closed door meeting, was the potential of having 3 Japanese people plus the Chinese Zhang on a 15 person squad a potential marketing nightmare for the USFS? Did they think that this would permanently change the face of skating in 10 years time sort of like how Michelle Kwan is responsible for the abundance of Asians now in the current USA skating ranks..
    This whole Mirai situation is a HOT MESS and I am absolutely gutted for her.. I really wish she would lawyer up and force the USFS to do the right thing.. Mirai was hosed big time and I feel that there were so many devious factors that played into the decision... and not just the ones in the dusty old rulebook they fished out of the attic to send Wagner.

vCash
    No.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Wow...just wow...
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    wtf.

vCash
    Did they think that this would permanently change the face of skating in 10 years time sort of like how Michelle Kwan is responsible for the abundance of Asians now in the current USA skating ranks.
    WTF? So keeping Asian skaters off the Olympic team is going to make that "abundance of Asians" go away?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    No.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

Hiding Johnny's Birkins
    vCash
    In a word: No.
    THANK YOU Aliona and Robin, Dai, Mao, Carolina, Akiko, all the skaters who retired after the Olympics, and yes, even you Jeremy)!

vCash
    Um....no.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I've been thinking you are a troll for a few days now and the answer to that question is finally a resounding yes. Thanks for making it so clear.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    No.

vCash
    Your post is a HOT MESS.

vCash
    I don't think so. It's entirely an individual vs her fed type situation, IMO.

vCash
    When is this going to be closed?? This is BS..

vCash
    "Na, they were too busy plotting to underthrow the I.S.U."
    "Don't you mean overthrow?"
    "Believe me, under $peedy, you could never throw it far enough!"

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apatinar View Post
    Did the Japanese American Shibutanis who made the team the night before have anything to do with the decision to leave Mirai off the team? Was the potential of having 3 Japanese on the USA squad a little too much for the USFS and the American public? There is so much mystery and confusion about the Mirai decision.. Although this probably wasn't verbally brought up in the closed door meeting, was the potential of having 3 Japanese people plus the Chinese Zhang on a 15 person squad a potential marketing nightmare for the USFS? Did they think that this would permanently change the face of skating in 10 years time sort of like how Michelle Kwan is responsible for the abundance of Asians now in the current USA skating ranks..
    This whole Mirai situation is a HOT MESS and I am absolutely gutted for her.. I really wish she would lawyer up and force the USFS to do the right thing.. Mirai was hosed big time and I feel that there were so many devious factors that played into the decision... and not just the ones in the dusty old rulebook they fished out of the attic to send Wagner.
    You are a tool and the admins at FSU have no time for this. Thread closed.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.