Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Cain's nebelhorn score is on the SB list this season because it was the Olympic qualifier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by her grace View Post
    Cain's nebelhorn score is on the SB list this season because it was the Olympic qualifier.
    Ah, I forgot about that. Thanks for pointing it out. That's an extremely lucky break for Cain. She might be able to make it to the GP series next season, then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eurodance2001 View Post
    The retire message has been delivered to Mirai..
    Yup. Pretty disgusting.

Tinami 2012
    vCash
    The USFS is not being mean; it's being smart. Nagasu announced she is going to appeal. She may hit the USFS with a lawsuit. Naming her to the World team puts the USFS at risk and weakens the case to send Wagner to the Olympics. If Nagasu was good enough for Worlds, she was good enough for Olympics.

I wonder also if perhaps Worlds is leverage. Maybe the USFS will offer Nagasu a spot at Worlds if she drops her appeal / agrees not to sue. I doubt Wagner cares much if she goes to Worlds. We'll see how this plays out.

vCash
    I hope Nagasu sues USFS and wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    seriously, Karen Chen withdrew from junior nationals. At least send Polina to jr worlds and Mirai to senior worlds...
    So Polina can potentially place fourth against one of the many Russian wonders..... Nah. They probably want her out of Juniors and-into being established in seniors.

vCash
    FWIW, it appears that Mirai no longer plans to appeal (with a rather classy statement I must add).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    FWIW, it appears that Mirai no longer plans to appeal (with a rather classy statement I must add).
    What she say? At first I kind of expected things to play out like this but now seeing the favoritism and political-ness of all of this, omg.. Terrible..

vCash
    I wonder what USFS did to scare Nagasu into silence. :/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    I wonder also if perhaps Worlds is leverage. Maybe the USFS will offer Nagasu a spot at Worlds if she drops her appeal / agrees not to sue. I doubt Wagner cares much if she goes to Worlds. We'll see how this plays out.
    I would think Wagner would be very motivated to go to Worlds, it would be her best chance to at last grab World medal, a major accomplishment she has yet to be able to claim. Ditto Gracie. Ladies with far greater resumes...Kwan, Slutskaya, Cohen, Asada, Kim...showed up at each post-Olympic Worlds , even though they had World titles and Olympics medals already under their belt. At the end of the Sochi Olympics, Wagner would likely have neither an Olympic or World medal...if she train a few more weeks, she might at least get one of them.
    Last edited by FunnyBut; 01-13-2014 at 03:55 AM.

vCash
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...055.column?678

St. Peter said Nagasu had inquired about the procedures for an appeal. Nagasu did not refer to it in a statement released Sunday night by USFS.

“I’m disappointed in the decision," Nagasu said. "Though I may not agree with it, I have to respect the decision the federation made."
    And also:

https://twitter.com/olyphil/status/422553540607754241

More MIrai statement: "And I’m grateful to everyone who has supported me and look forward to what comes next in my skating career.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I hope Nagasu sues USFS and wins.
    I don't believe she is appealing anymore. I don't think she wanted to. I believe Nagasu had said in the press conference that she would respect the USFS decision whatever it was.

And in any event I don't believe she will win, because the criteria are there. The fact that they haven't ever deviated from Nationals placements does not mean they can't this time. And honestly, I just don't recall they ever HAD TO deviate from Nationals placement in picking the Olympic Team other than due to injuries. So this isn't so much an unprecedented decision by the USFS but more so an unprecedented situation of the dominant skater bombing Nationals.

I agree with Louis. Nagasu not being named to Worlds (at this stage) is probably the doing of Weir and his big mouth. I think Wagner will most likely announce a convenient injury some time in late February.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I wonder what USFS did to scare Nagasu into silence. :/
    Maybe Mirai came to her senses because 1) she herself stated in the post-LP press conference that she would respect her federation's decision in selecting the Olympic team and because 2) she clearly has no chance to win an appeal given the clear selection criteria that the USFSA has in place at their discretion. The USFSA was always adamant that these championships were not an "Olympic trials" and that competitive history from the past 2 seasons would be considered in their decisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I think Wagner will most likely announce a convenient injury some time in late February.
    Why would she do that? Worlds could be an excellent opportunity for her, and there's no reason to not go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I think Wagner will most likely announce a convenient injury some time in late February.
    I only see Wagner bowing out of Worlds if she kills it in Sochi. Otherwise, I think she'd want to try for a medal at a weak, post-Olympic Worlds. USFS doesn't give a stuff about Mirai.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    I only see Wagner bowing out of Worlds if she kills it in Sochi. Otherwise, I think she'd want to try for a medal at a weak, post-Olympic Worlds. USFS doesn't give a stuff about Mirai.
    I think it's a big assumption that there will be a "weak" Worlds this year. Kim has probably learned her lesson from last time, but Asada, Suzuki, and Kostner would probably be only to happy to go out on top. So, for that matter, would Gracie Gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    I think it's a big assumption that there will be a "weak" Worlds this year. Kim has probably learned her lesson from last time, but Asada, Suzuki, and Kostner would probably be only to happy to go out on top.
    Given all of Carolina's injury struggles this season, I wouldn't be surprised if she skipped Worlds after Sochi. Wanting to go out on top is one thing; realizing you could aggravate recurring injuries even further by going to Worlds is another.

vCash
    How is Nagasu not getting Worlds, but Aaron and D/C are? That, to me, is the controversy, rather than the Olympic selection. The Worlds are not once- in- 4- years special events, why break the podium rule for everybody but one person who actually WAS on the podium ahead of the woman chosen?
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    So Polina can potentially place fourth against one of the many Russian wonders..... Nah. They probably want her out of Juniors and-into being established in seniors.
    Hmm, actually this never occurred to me until now! True, they rather establish Polina in senior ranks sooner than the russian wunderbabies, and they can afford to do that since they still have strong junior skaters. That meaning by the time these russian babies move up to senior (after duking it out within their own country just to get international assignments), Polina would hopefully still be landing her triple triples to be competitive but be ahead on street cred in the senior ranks and get PCS above the russians!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    How is Nagasu not getting Worlds, but Aaron and D/C are? That, to me, is the controversy, rather than the Olympic selection. The Worlds are not once- in- 4- years special events, why break the podium rule for everybody but one person who actually WAS on the podium ahead of the woman chosen?
    I am sure the answer lies in the 72-page long selection criteria. Page 59, appendix C, footnote 5.

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast