Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    I love Gracie's bitchface! I loved how she walked right past Sotnikova. My favorite things about Gracie gold are her triple lutz and her bitchface. I also like her arms in her layback spin.

Now this little princess schtick she's on has to go, she's gotta do a tango. Or a flamenco. No cute schmamy-muzac "modern" version either, full out fire and passion with actual choreography behind it and you've got a World Champion.

I think Frank will have her practicing triple axels this off-season, he had Mirai doing them in practice and I think that's the money jump at least one or two skaters will have within the next couple years. She did a good job and she has a medal. She has a lot of coming out of her shell to do as a skater still, but it'll get there she came so far this year. Now it's time for a Salome, Frank didn't really get to spend a lot of time on programs with her. What Lori did for Kostner was nothing short of a miracle (for us).
    I was laughing my head off when I saw her give that b*tchface to Sotnikova. I'm looking forwards to her going against the Russians in the upcoming quad. I just hope she gets rid of that Disney-cereal-box-Princess aesthetic she's got going on right now.

LOL! She wears her bitchface like a wealthy woman wears Shalimar extrait. There was a backstage shot of Gracie and Ashley, and Gracie had on a defcon level 55 bitchface, while Ashley was cooling her bitchface down to defcon 50. Between the two, I was unsure if they were lacing their skates, or making a shiv out a toothbrush.
    Link pls?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    I love Gracie's bitchface! I loved how she walked right past Sotnikova.
    Quote Originally Posted by eternitygoddess View Post
    I was laughing my head off when I saw her give that b*tchface to Sotnikova.
    Where and when did this happen?

vCash
    ^When Sotnikova was running to hug her coaches after they announced Kim's scores.

vCash
    What makes the results even more galling is Gracie owned Adelina last season.

vCash
    Here's Gracie walking out as the crowd is going crazy cheering for Adelina's skate:

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2mciyhd.jpg

Clearly she is not too happy about having to follow that.

vCash
    ^ NOBODY would be!

vCash
    ^You know what the upside of that was? She DID IT. Despite the fall, the raucous crowd, skating after huge marks by Carolina and Adelina, she held onto her performance throughout. Major respect! Ashley attacked, too. The U.S. for the first time in years is not represented by head-casey ladies. YAY!

vCash
    Link pls?
    No link that I know of. It was a backstage shot during the NBC broadcast.

vCash
    ...awwwww...Gracie has a twin sister!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsissv View Post
    ...awwwww...Gracie has a twin sister!!!
    She does have a twin sister for real.

vCash
    Just bumping this thread up. What do you guys think about Gracie's chances in reaching the podium if she skates 2 clean programs this upcoming Worlds? So excited and can't wait.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redfiretrees View Post
    Just bumping this thread up. What do you guys think about Gracie's chances in reaching the podium if she skates 2 clean programs this upcoming Worlds? So excited and can't wait.
    Beyond 2 clean programs, I think it will take more palatable passion in addition to 2 clean programs from Gracie to get a medal. The 3 ladies who would most likely defeat Gracie in the judge's eyes are Mao, Carolina and Julia.

Mao and Carolina have a much bigger rep, and if Mao can do a clean SP and 8 triples in the LP again, she will probably win at home, bringing her career to an end w/ a big flourish. Carolina will easily get higher PCS than Gracie and if she is also clean, watch out! Having accomplished all of her competitive goals now w/ an Olympic medal and a World Championship, she can skate "free" at what will probably be her final championship, which will be nearly impossible for Gracie to beat.

I do think now that Worlds will be outside of Russia / Eastern Europe, Julia will be more catchable as far as Gracie is concerned, but not a given. I think Gracie is probably 1 mistake away from Julia, i.e. - if Julia makes a mistake but Gracie is clean in both programs, she could pip her for the bronze. I think there is a bit of sourness after the Olympics, so I don't think the judges are going to throw away enormous scores on Julia, BUT it will still be a challenge for Gracie to get past her.

IMO, Gracie should trounce Julia on the jumps and SS in the PCS portion, but Julia would be superior on Spins, and CH / IN. Normally, that would be enough for Gracie to win head to head, but Julia is SWR and she will still get a bounce due to that (it just won't be nearly as enormous in Japan as in Sochi).

All bets are off, though, if any of Mao, Carolina and Julia have a subpar performance or bomb.

ETA - I don't think Akiko is a factor where Gracie is concerned

vCash
    I had those 3 in mind as well...Asada, Kostner, Lipnitskaya. Those are the podium favorites from my POV. So I'm guessing it'll take a slip-up from at least 1 of them in addition to Gold skating 2 clean programs. Oh, and that is a pretty big IF, BTW...Gold has not skated 2 clean programs ever. Then again, if Sochi is any indication, maybe she doesn't need to...?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    I had those 3 in mind as well...Asada, Kostner, Lipnitskaya. Those are the podium favorites from my POV. So I'm guessing it'll take a slip-up from at least 1 of them in addition to Gold skating 2 clean programs. Oh, and that is a pretty big IF, BTW...Gold has not skated 2 clean programs ever. Then again, if Sochi is any indication, maybe she doesn't need to...?
    Agree, Gracie hasn't been able to skate 2 clean programs yet in her career. Here's to hoping this will be the first time, what better place for it happen than at Worlds. But yes the chances of her skating clean for both programs is not that high but hopefully she'll surprise us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Beyond 2 clean programs, I think it will take more palatable passion in addition to 2 clean programs from Gracie to get a medal. The 3 ladies who would most likely defeat Gracie in the judge's eyes are Mao, Carolina and Julia.

Mao and Carolina have a much bigger rep, and if Mao can do a clean SP and 8 triples in the LP again, she will probably win at home, bringing her career to an end w/ a big flourish. Carolina will easily get higher PCS than Gracie and if she is also clean, watch out! Having accomplished all of her competitive goals now w/ an Olympic medal and a World Championship, she can skate "free" at what will probably be her final championship, which will be nearly impossible for Gracie to beat.

I do think now that Worlds will be outside of Russia / Eastern Europe, Julia will be more catchable as far as Gracie is concerned, but not a given. I think Gracie is probably 1 mistake away from Julia, i.e. - if Julia makes a mistake but Gracie is clean in both programs, she could pip her for the bronze. I think there is a bit of sourness after the Olympics, so I don't think the judges are going to throw away enormous scores on Julia, BUT it will still be a challenge for Gracie to get past her.

IMO, Gracie should trounce Julia on the jumps and SS in the PCS portion, but Julia would be superior on Spins, and CH / IN. Normally, that would be enough for Gracie to win head to head, but Julia is SWR and she will still get a bounce due to that (it just won't be nearly as enormous in Japan as in Sochi).

All bets are off, though, if any of Mao, Carolina and Julia have a subpar performance or bomb.

ETA - I don't think Akiko is a factor where Gracie is concerned
    Thanks for sharing your detailed thoughts on the matter. I also think that they are her main competition. I know compared to the other girls that you've mentioned she is lacking in artistry and musicality. People often mention that she her skating feels cold. I don't think she could improve that aspect in less than a month after Sochi. Hopefully, during this off season she'll spend time enhancing her artistry and also learn how to project to the audience.

I agree about Gracie should have better scores for her jumps but I know in Sochi in some instances she was given lower GOEs than Julia for certain jumps. Hopefully the scoring will be different in Japan as you've mentioned. I'm sorry but I can't seem to figure out what does SWR stand for?
    Last edited by redfiretrees; 03-21-2014 at 02:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redfiretrees View Post
    Thanks for sharing your detailed thoughts on the matter. I also think that they are her main competition. I know compared to the other girls that you've mentioned she is lacking in artistry and musicality. People often mention that she her skating feels cold. I don't think she could improve that aspect in less than a month after Sochi. Hopefully, during this off season she'll spend time enhancing her artistry and also learn how to project to the audience.

I agree about Gracie should have better scores for her jumps but I know in Sochi in some instances she was given lower GOEs than Julia for certain jumps. Hopefully the scoring will be different in Japan as you've mentioned. I'm sorry but I can't seem to figure out what does SWR stand for?
    SWR - SKATING WHILE RUSSIAN: A little acronym for over-scored figure skaters from Russia

vCash
    Good luck to Gracie on Thursday - I hope she skates a great short program and wins the short!

vCash
    Nervous for Gracie, she's skating last in a super packed and loaded penultimate group. Hope that she'll be able to handle her nerves and won't be tense during her SP like in Sochi.

vCash
    Lol now that the USA has a G.G., Ladies is back to being amongst my favorite discipline to watch at Worlds. I'm sooooo sooooo EXCITED for G.G. and hope she hits it out of the ballpark tonight!!!!

vCash
    I thought I would look at this thread for the first time as I've really grown to like Gracie this season, then I saw the bitchy, nasty comments about Russia.
    Classy (!).
    Goodbye...................

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast