Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Is Gracie Gold planning on staying in Sochi for the entire time prior to the individual events? One of the articles mentioned that Ashley was planning on training elsewhere (they didn't say where) then come back for the individual events.

vCash
    Just watched Gracie's skate and at one point she skated really close to the wall and looked like she actually touched the wall with her hand. Isn't that some sort of penalty?

vCash
    I thought this was a cheer thread for Gracie.

So happy with her performance today. The good thing is that she can even improve on this. Some of her jumps, especially her triple flip, can be improved upon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozy View Post
    Just watched Gracie's skate and at one point she skated really close to the wall and looked like she actually touched the wall with her hand. Isn't that some sort of penalty?
    Yup. Right in front of the judges. I don't think it matters.

She's a tough little cookie isn't she? First time on the Olympic stage and she does a virtually flawless performance. This sets her up nicely for the individual competition. I had to look up that Phil Jackson fellow she mentioned in the post performance interview.

vCash
    I've never seen any rule that says you can't touch the boards.

vCash
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/figu...lympic-journey

A nice article about Gracie's relationship with her twin sister Carly. (As a mom of twin girls, I'm fascinated by these two!)

vCash
    I'm so proud of Gracie. She has learned to compete. That was a wonderful long program. She even left a few points on the table. Maybe she can score a little better. I hope she skates well in the SP to make the final group.

vCash
    Go Gracie! She's competed beautifully so far and improved on Nationals performance. She didn't blink an eye with that minor wardrobe malfunction. That's FOCUS! Good for her! She's landing those jumps impressively. So the World podium too this year?

vCash
    Gracie was a bit tight in her LP during the team event and her jumps were not as impressive as Nationals but hopefully she will be more calm during the Ladies event. I think her mediocre GP season is why she didn't score over 130 points she needed a good season the be a real contender like Julia.

vCash
    Deleted
    Last edited by Jammers; 02-12-2014 at 07:36 PM.

vCash
    I'm so proud of the way Gracie skated in the long team event. She has really been amazing. I hope she skates her individual events even better!!! All the best of luck to you Gracie!!!

vCash
    Gracie on so many lovely TV commercials. She is THE face and glamour of these games. Go, Gracie!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Gracie has a new fan: Taylor Swift tweeted that she was Googling the Olympic schedule to find out when Gracie would be skating.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingsit View Post
    Gracie has a new fan: Taylor Swift tweeted that she was Googling the Olympic schedule to find out when Gracie would be skating.
    That's awesome!

This video has some practice footage of Gracie, along with Ashley and Polina. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxU2cq4m-xs

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thank you for the vid, so cute! Impressed by Ashley's knowledge of The Lion King characters.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Thanks for the video. Don't know if this was a USFSA decision or what, but smart to move them far away from the hubbub to seriously train. FC was w/ Ten, so who accompanied GG to Graz?

vCash
    I'm sure people have commented on this already, but one striking thing I've noticed about Gracie since she moved to Frank is that he's been making a lady out of her. She's been learning to conduct herself in a poised and mature manner on the ice, instead of the exuberant flailing about she used to do. She still has that spark to her, but now she just brings a touch of elegance to her. Gracie really is graceful now. I love it!

vCash
    I'm confused by something in this article.

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/...-walk-the-walk

Specifically, this paragraph:

The ladies will practice together Sunday, and Gold will be reunited with Carroll then. Including Ten's bronze medal, Carroll has now coached five Olympic medalists (Linda Fratianne, Michelle Kwan, Tim Goebel and Evan Lysacek are the others), and Gold hopes he will be the key to getting her on the podium as well.

Gracie is an Olympic Bronze Medalist now, albeit in the team event and not singles. Still, shouldn't she be counted as the sixth Olympic Medalist Carroll has coached?

vCash
    The team event is so new, they probably just forgot about that. Or was only referring to individual medalists. :p

vCash
    Even better is that that totally awesome silver medal-winning slope style skier declared to Matt Lauer that he has a crush on Gracie, and that they've been hanging out off the ice. He wanted her to be his valentine. Boy, if they got together, cutest couple ever. Imagine having one of those guys as a boyfriend! (swoon)

http://www.today.com/sochi/gus-graci...ine-2D12112325

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast