Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 232
  1. #81

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Skateland
    Posts
    7,841
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Did anyone else catch last night's super featurette on Gracie during the NBC prime-time special "Winter Gold"?

    As I wrote in the TV forum:
    NBC presented the first of two prime-time Pre-Sochi TV specials last night: "Winter Gold" (8am EST), which included a fab long feature on Gracie Gold, as Apollo Anton-Ohno visited her in L.A. Truly charming...doing yoga on the beach with AOO, for example. I believe that the "Full-Court Press" p.r. on Gracie is now on overdrive. She deserves it. Go, Gracie!!!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

  2. #82

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Skateland
    Posts
    7,841
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    [QUOTE=demetriosj;4139492]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    . There was a greasy, oily quality to the Kiss n' Cry when it used to be 'Gracie & the Mob.'QUOTE]

    ?Greasy, oily?
    During Gracie's last yr as a junior and for part of last season, it looked like two older 'seedy-looking' Brighton-Beach mobsters surrounding Gracie. Many of us commented on the 'yuk factor' at the time. When it was only Alex wearing a suit & tie, sitting next to Gracie, it was not so bad.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

  3. #83

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    near Chicago
    Posts
    2,042
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Did anyone else catch last night's super featurette on Gracie during the NBC prime-time special "Winter Gold"?

    As I wrote in the TV forum:
    NBC presented the first of two prime-time Pre-Sochi TV specials last night: "Winter Gold" (8am EST), which included a fab long feature on Gracie Gold, as Apollo Anton-Ohno visited her in L.A. Truly charming...doing yoga on the beach with AOO, for example. I believe that the "Full-Court Press" p.r. on Gracie is now on overdrive. She deserves it. Go, Gracie!!!
    Yes, I watched it - great feature!

  4. #84

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Skateland
    Posts
    7,841
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Here's Gracie in the "climax" of the new United AL TV commercial, featuring a number of Olympians on a plane to Sochi.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsj3A...ature=youtu.be

    Love it!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

  5. #85
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,020
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Here's Gracie in the "climax" of the new United AL TV commercial, featuring a number of Olympians on a plane to Sochi.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsj3A...ature=youtu.be

    Love it!
    I love it!

    Her new short program costume would have went well with the color scheme too.

  6. #86

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    NC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,543
    vCash
    265
    Rep Power
    977
    Bump!

    Good luck to Gracie tomorrow in her LP for the Team Event! Go USA!

  7. #87
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Entitiled
    Posts
    5,615
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Go-Go-Go Gracie!

  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,652
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Woohoo go Gracie!!

  9. #89
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Main floor
    Posts
    2,459
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Here's Gracie in the "climax" of the new United AL TV commercial, featuring a number of Olympians on a plane to Sochi.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsj3A...ature=youtu.be

    Love it!
    Uber-cute!

  10. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    240
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Has anyone seen the draw for tomorrow? What position is Gracie skating?

  11. #91
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Entitiled
    Posts
    5,615
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Camel View Post
    Has anyone seen the draw for tomorrow? What position is Gracie skating?
    The schedule isn't up yet.

  12. #92

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Close to Normal, IL
    Posts
    1,717
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The draw is reverse order of country's finish in the previous segment, so Gracie will be skating second (Order will be Canada, USA, Japan, Italy and Russia). Jason Brown also skates second in his segment, and D/W will skate last.

  13. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Entitiled
    Posts
    5,615
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    The draw is reverse order of country's finish in the previous segment, so Gracie will be skating second (Order will be Canada, USA, Japan, Italy and Russia). Jason Brown also skates second in his segment, and D/W will skate last.
    Thanks!

  14. #94

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    near Chicago
    Posts
    2,042
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    259
    Wishing Gracie lots of luck in the free skate tomorrow!!

  15. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Turzynbaeva is the new Gedevanishvili
    Posts
    8,470
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Olympic Bronze medalist

    She was awesome.

  16. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,101
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Here's Gracie in the "climax" of the new United AL TV commercial, featuring a number of Olympians on a plane to Sochi.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsj3A...ature=youtu.be

    Love it!
    Well crafted. I bet the other Olympians love her for being the centerpiece of that commercial.

  17. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Entitiled
    Posts
    5,615
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Congrats to Gracie on the Olympic Bronze! Haven't seen the actual performance yet, but based on the protocols-it looked like she rocked it in the Team LP!

  18. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    4,392
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Gracie was beautiful today skating her LP. Strong & confident.

  19. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    240
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    Congrats to Gracie on the Olympic Bronze! Haven't seen the actual performance yet, but based on the protocols-it looked like she rocked it in the Team LP!
    Where can I find the protocols?

  20. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Entitiled
    Posts
    5,615
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Camel View Post
    Where can I find the protocols?
    I actually meant the components which are on the Sochi official website, when I typed that, BUT, here are the actual protocols: http://www.isuresults.com/results/ow...S_F_Scores.pdf

    http://www.isuresults.com/results/owg2014/index.htm

    ETA: It does look like Gracie did get a downgrade on the 3F,but other than that, it looks like she did a great job!
    Last edited by lulu; 02-09-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •