Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Here is more SI Olympic cover news:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...lSskcAZe7QtDMD

See Michelle's cover on the bottom of the linked page and hoping the old SI cover jinx has run it's course.

vCash
    Gracie looks awesome! I'm definitely picking up her cover issue!

Interesting she wore her Gershwin dress. I guess she wanted to get some mileage out of it since the short program was dumped. Or perhaps she brought a bunch of options and that just photographed best.

Also, isn't it odd the photo shows her wearing bladeguards? I get that it was shot in a studio but you'd think they would have photoshopped them out something...

vCash
    MK looked so stylish doing a simple stag jump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zigzig View Post
    Gracie looks awesome! I'm definitely picking up her cover issue!

Interesting she wore her Gershwin dress. I guess she wanted to get some mileage out of it since the short program was dumped. Or perhaps she brought a bunch of options and that just photographed best.

Also, isn't it odd the photo shows her wearing bladeguards? I get that it was shot in a studio but you'd think they would have photoshopped them out something...
    Ahg, skate guards in a picture are a pet hate of mine. Other wise I think she looks great.

vCash
    Glad to see Gracie finally has a cheer thead!

Go Gracie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    MK looked so stylish doing a simple stag jump.
    I honestly think that may be my all-time favorite picture of her. To say she's in motion, there is zero tension in her neck or shoulders, her leg lines are perfection and that dress is so beautiful! She looks like she's just floating...it's such an elegant and gorgeous picture.

Gracie's is nice but why does she have on blade guards? I'm guess the shot wasn't actually done on ice...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I honestly think that may be my all-time favorite picture of her. To say she's in motion, there is zero tension in her neck or shoulders, her leg lines are perfection and that dress is so beautiful! She looks like she's just floating...it's such an elegant and gorgeous picture.
    I totally agree! I haven't forgotten that photo of Michelle since I saw it in 1998.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Now this is up my alley! Go Gracie Gold! Wishing you the best at Sochi!! Go Girl!!!

Since I was in the Pep Squad in high school many moons ago, I still remember a few cheers. Here's one for Gracie! Of course, I'll have to change it up a little because of our football team's name which was the Wolverines!

Chew Chew,
    Bang Bang.
    Got's to get my boomerang.
    Um Gowwa, Gracie Power.
    Gracie is the best
    Show up all the rest.
    Watcha gonna do?
    Dance the Boogaloo.
    "C" Stands for Can
    And "D" Stands for Do.
    Gracie Gold is gonna
    Sock it to you,
    Hey, Hey, Hey ... Sock it to YOU!

WhooHoo ... Go Gracie!!!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Gracie Gold makes the cover of Sports Illustrated! Of course she does!

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2014/01/3...ympics-issues/
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    See Michelle's cover on the bottom of the linked page
    I've never seen Michelle in that dress. Maybe it was just for the cover? Usually found her dresses sort of boring, but that one is spectacular.

vCash
    I haven't been able to following what's been going on leading up the Games closely, so I was wondering if Gracie was in Russia yet? I thought I heard she had been in Europe training. When do Olympic practices start?

vCash
    article from St. Louis paper on Gracie:
    http://www.stltoday.com/sports/olymp...3fba604fe.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    article from St. Louis paper on Gracie:
    http://www.stltoday.com/sports/olymp...3fba604fe.html
    This article completely skipped over her time with Ourisev, who taught her all of her triples. No mention is made of her time in the Chicago area.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    This article completely skipped over her time with Ourisev, who taught her all of her triples. No mention is made of her time in the Chicago area.
    That's not necessarily true. Per a friend who is master level rated coach in the Greater Chicago Area, Gracie had all of her triples before shifting to Ouriashev.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    That's not necessarily true. Per a friend who is master level rated coach in the Greater Chicago Area, Gracie had all of her triples before shifting to Ouriashev.
    Who was Gracie's coach before Ouriashev? He knew what he was doing when it came to teaching technique that's for sure. Of course some skaters like Gracie are just natural jumpers anyway and she's probably always been more athletic then most girls.

vCash
    Running away from Ouriashev was the best thing that happened to Gracie. There was a greasy, oily quality to the Kiss n' Cry when it used to be 'Gracie & the Mob.' And her packaging was cheesy - hair of hay, yacky dresses, sub-par music, horrendous choreography, etc. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Gracie went from K-Mart to Tiffany's last fall.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Running away from Ouriashev was the best thing that happened to Gracie. There was a greasy, oily quality to the Kiss n' Cry when it used to be 'Gracie & the Mob.' And her packaging was cheesy - hair of hay, yacky dresses, sub-par music, horrendous choreography, etc. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Gracie went from K-Mart to Tiffany's last fall.
    There is no doubt Gracie needed to move up when it came to coaching if she wanted to be a champion. I was just worried that she made the move way to late and her Olympic season was in danger of being a disaster but she's pulled it off. In a way she's already won with a National championship under her belt and going to the Olympics she doesn't need to medal to call this season a success but i think she wants more and it's good to see her not simply be happy with what she's already accomplished. You don't become a champion by simply being satisfied but by pushing forward and some skaters never make it to that next level because they don't want it enough. If Gracie never makes it to the top i don't think it will because she didn't work for it or didn't put in the hard work unlike some other skaters who stagnated in their careers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    You don't become a champion by simply being satisfied but by pushing forward and some skaters never make it to that next level because they don't want it enough. If Gracie never makes it to the top i don't think it will because she didn't work for it or didn't put in the hard work unlike some other skaters who stagnated in their careers.
    Or maybe most skaters can't afford to move cross-country at the drop of a dime, or many skaters get injured, etc.....it's not that they don't want it enough or don't work hard enough, as you suggest...
    Last edited by demetriosj; 02-05-2014 at 12:05 AM.

vCash
    Slightly OT from the present conversation; looking at Gracie's jump layout, I wonder if she'd consider switching the solo 2x and 3loop jumping passes, since the 3loop has gotten much better and she might squeeze out more points that way.

Also, has the Rippon Lutz been totally chacked?

vCash
    [QUOTE=Frau Muller;4139149]. There was a greasy, oily quality to the Kiss n' Cry when it used to be 'Gracie & the Mob.'QUOTE]

?Greasy, oily?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast