Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    What Ashely "wants" to do will have very little bearing on what USFS will base their decision on, IMHO. They will pick whomever they think will do the skate better, not if it is more convenient for them. I would also put Gracie in the long since she seems to do much better there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I think she could become the dominant skater over the next quad. She is a better skater and talent than Julia L. and a better competitor (or probably will be with Frank) and much better coached with programs that actually live up to her potential and suit her than Sotnikova.
    Her skating skills (speed, posture, stroking) and actual jumps are better than Julia's, but Julia does a very good job w/ nuanced interpretation and choreography, especially for someone at such a young age. Spins are a wash IMO - Both have good speed (perhaps an edge to Gracie); Gracie's limbs give her spins an aire of regality, but Julia is uber-bendy and has interesting positions.

ITA re Gold v. Sotnikova - I think Gracie found a great fit w/ FC and her packaging right now makes her a better all around skater than Sotnikova just for that reason, but watching Euros, I was in awe of the height Sotnikova gets on most of her jumps. But choreographically, the programs are MEH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    What Ashely "wants" to do will have very little bearing on what USFS will base their decision on, IMHO. They will pick whomever they think will do the skate better, not if it is more convenient for them.
    And based on that, I say put Gold on the freeskate. Even with a couple of mistakes she seems to score well...and her consistency seems to be improving, so that's an encouraging sign.

vCash
    It just doesn't get more beautiful than this:
    http://www.luckymag.com/beauty/2014/...beauty-routine

Gracie was born to launch a million magazine and book covers (and web home pages). THE most marketeable beauty on skates since Dorothy Hamill and, before that, Peggy Fleming.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    How jealous of Gracie Gold do you think Ashley Wagner is? I mean, Gracie comes along and she's basically a better version of Ashley Wagner. Better skater, prettier, blonder, and she earns her spot in the Olympics instead of getting a handout. Ashley puts on that fake smile, but you know she's gotta be burning with envy inside.
    Last edited by Doozy; 01-25-2014 at 09:36 PM.

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozy View Post
    How jealous of Gracie Gold do you think Ashley Wagner is? I mean, Gracie comes along and she's basically a better Ashley Wagner than Ashley Wagner. Better skater, prettier, blonder, and she earns her spot in the Olympics instead of getting a handout. Ashley puts on that fake smile, but you know she's gotta be burning with envy inside.
    What's your point?

BTW: auditions for "Mean Girls" ended a long, long time ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeye View Post
    What's your point?

BTW: auditions for "Mean Girls" ended a long, long time ago.

Mirai fans are the best, most gracious and always the fairest.

Oh gosh, where are my chill pills?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozy View Post
    How jealous of Gracie Gold do you think Ashley Wagner is? I mean, Gracie comes along and she's basically a better version of Ashley Wagner. Better skater, prettier, blonder, and she earns her spot in the Olympics instead of getting a handout. Ashley puts on that fake smile, but you know she's gotta be burning with envy inside.
    Don't think any sleep is being lost by either skater.

Anyway, given who they're up against in Sochi I'll extend my support to both of them (and Edmunds, too), because they're gonna need it - hope they ALL skate their best and do well, because maybe when the chips fall, one might be able to sneak in for a medal!

vCash
    "I heard she has two fendy purses, and a silver Lexus. One time John Stamos saw her in an airport and said she was pretty.

One time Gracie Gold punched me in the face. It was awesome."

vCash
    Off-topic, but the Mean Girls discussion reminded me of this tumblr post:

http://theyoungprinceandprincess.tum...-explain-meryl

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post
    Off-topic, but the Mean Girls discussion reminded me of this tumblr post:

http://theyoungprinceandprincess.tum...-explain-meryl

Curiously curious
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    "I heard she has two fendy purses, and a silver Lexus. One time John Stamos saw her in an airport and said she was pretty.

One time Gracie Gold punched me in the face. It was awesome."
    Sorry, gotta wait to rep you again.

vCash
    http://www.seventeen.com/_mobile/hea...006219#slide-1

Gracie showed up in Seventeen magazine doing a workout for toned legs

vCash
    I thought I would take a look at this thread as I like Gracie & wanted to see what her biggest fans were saying.
    Instead I find of people arse-kissing Gracie & back-stabbing other skaters.
    Nice(!).
    Why do people feel the need to trash other skaters rather than quietly support their own ?.
    I'm half American & cringe when I see threads like this.
    I wish BOTH Gracie & Ashley the best for Sochi.
    But also hope that ALL skaters who have trained their entire lives for two weeks achieve their own goals.
    Why can't some of you act with a bit more dignity ?.

vCash
    Oh, I love them both - all three of our USA ladies, in fact. Each has unique qualities and beauty of different sorts. Whenever I praise one of them doesn't mean that the other two are bad. Some people are way too sensitive.

Ashley - beauty with attitude (just look at her sassy Hilton Honors TV ad)
    Polina - fresh talent, fresh face
    Gracie - va-voom pageant beauty

I wonder if all three will be on a pre-Olympics magazine cover, such as SI or Time? I want to see America's Three Ladies, together, on Sports Illustrated, please!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    I wonder if all three will be on a pre-Olympics magazine cover, such as SI or Time? I want to see America's Three Ladies, together, on Sports Illustrated, please!
    Nope. Just one of them:
    https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/...775680/photo/1

vCash
    I wish Gracie the best. The mess over selection may benefit her in the end, if she can fly under the radar and feel less pressure. I feel sorry, though, that all the skaters (not just Ashley and Mirai) are subjected to this distraction--though maybe it really isn't much distraction at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ros01 View Post
    I wish Gracie the best. The mess over selection may benefit her in the end, if she can fly under the radar and feel less pressure. I feel sorry, though, that all the skaters (not just Ashley and Mirai) are subjected to this distraction--though maybe it really isn't much distraction at all.
    No flying under the radar for Gracie. Her twitter feed is one endorsement after another, appearances and magazine mentions. I'm surprised Frank has let her PR people seemingly take over after nationals.

There appears to be too much outside noise for Gracie heading into Sochi and that only adds to the pressure. At this point the only American lady showing up without all the media pressure is Polina.

vCash
    ^ Perhaps, but I think there is more international pressure on Julia and Adelina, carrying the hopes of Mother Russia in front of a home crowd; on Ashley, creating her 'Frankenstein' LP and recapturing momentum; on Mao to rotate a 3x in order compete w/ Yu Na. I think anything less than Silver would be considered a failure; on Carolina to catch up w/ those she's fallen way behind

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ros01 View Post
    Being on the cover of SI = not exactly flying under the radar, though.

Hopefully she can focus on the task ahead of her...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast