Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    vCash
    You shouldn't hate Gracie Gold because her fans wrote in the burn-book that Russia made out with a hot-dog.

It was only one time.

My father, the inventor of toaster stroodle, would not be pleased about this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redfiretrees View Post
    Nervous for Gracie, she's skating last in a super packed and loaded penultimate group. Hope that she'll be able to handle her nerves and won't be tense during her SP like in Sochi.
    Well, she skated well at Sochi just after all of Lipnitskaya, Kostner and Sotnikova in front of a rowdy Russian crowd, and Asada laid it down much earlier in the evening. So, she obviously has been trained to handle pressure

vCash
    ^ That was the FS, though. I think she sees herself as more of a freeskater. Pressure in the SP will be high indeed...hope she can pull it together because she will need to in order to have any shot at a medal

vCash
    Well... good for Gracie! She's working on her consistency. Her 2A and 3Lo jump height were not on par as usual but at least she didn't look tense. Hoping that she'll be able to perform better on her FS and get at least 4th place again. I don't think she's getting on the podium unless Yulia makes a mistake and I highly doubt it.

vCash
    You can tell how Frank has worked on Gracie's mental strength. When she takes the ice now she not only doesn't look nervous but has a look like yeah i got this like she knows she belongs out there with the top Ladies. Frank is a genius.

vCash
    You shouldn't hate Gracie Gold because her fans wrote in the burn-book that Russia made out with a hot-dog.

It was only one time.

My father, the inventor of toaster stroodle, would not be pleased about this.
    LOL. Stop trying to make Gracie happen, Gretchen!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    You can tell how Frank has worked on Gracie's mental strength. When she takes the ice now she not only doesn't look nervous but has a look like yeah i got this like she knows she belongs out there with the top Ladies. Frank is a genius.
    I'm actually quite excited for next season. I wonder what other improvements Gracie will make under Frank. Just hope that Frank will allow her to unleash some of her bigger jumps again since it was one of the things that made her stand out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    LOL. Stop trying to make Gracie happen, Gretchen!
    that is so fetch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ronniev View Post
    that is so fetch
    Does this make Ashley Janis Ian? And Adam should be Damien!

vCash
    I hope Gracie skates her best free skate today and lands on the podium!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilng View Post
    I hope Gracie skates her best free skate today and lands on the podium!
    It's going to be hard since she would have to jump 2 skaters to get on the podium. She could catch Suzuki but she's on home turf and might get overscored but Julia will be hard to catch. I just want Gracie to skate another clean or nearly clean program to set her up for next year. Having 3 good competitions under her belt makes the judges know she's consistent now and will get the marks she deserves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post
    Does this make Ashley Janis Ian? And Adam should be Damien!
    Why yes, yes it does. You go, Glenn Cocoa.
    Last edited by Karpenko; 03-29-2014 at 09:11 AM.

vCash
    Any fans of Gracie left? There's a lot of hate for her out there. Sad... about her FS. It was her time to get on the podium and prove to the all the haters that she's not just hype but have the goods too.
    Last edited by redfiretrees; 03-29-2014 at 01:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redfiretrees View Post
    Any fans of Gracie left? There's a lot of hate for her out there. Sad... about her FS. It was her time to get on the podium and prove to the all the haters that she's not just hype but have the goods too.
    Quite honestly, her FS wasn't THAT bad. She had 2 bad jumping passes - one pop (lost a ton of points 'cuz it was the 2x-3t combo) and one bad splat, but if you look it everything else, it was great. The opening 3-3 was probably the best in the competition.

But, WTF is up w/ her axel? She's had odd landings since Sochi (the stiff leg in the SP there) and now a pop and a fall. She was doing 3x in a harness back in the day, but they're kind of small and whippy. Frank! Do Something!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Quite honestly, her FS wasn't THAT bad. She had 2 bad jumping passes - one pop (lost a ton of points 'cuz it was the 2x-3t combo) and one bad splat, but if you look it everything else, it was great. The opening 3-3 was probably the best in the competition.

But, WTF is up w/ her axel? She's had odd landings since Sochi (the stiff leg in the SP there) and now a pop and a fall. She was doing 3x in a harness back in the day, but they're kind of small and whippy. Frank! Do Something!
    I guess it's just so frustrating (what more for her?) that the door to the podium was wide open and she wasn't able to grab the chance. But she still has this quad to prove herself.

True! Her 3lutz - 3 toe was pretty great! I was worried about her 3 flip and turns out that the 2axel was her downfall. Agree, she needs to work on her 2A over the summer. Hope the new programs she gets will focus on her strengths and won't be generic stuff.

Hopefully touring with Stars on Ice will also help improve her artistry and make her a better performer..since a lot of people find her "boring" to watch...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post

Yeah, I've noticed that too. The Eurosport commentators in Gracie's LP said that Frank has been working on her landing technique, so it might be attributed to that.

I also remember watching worlds last year, and I remember Kurt (or maybe Brian, whoever was commentating) saying that Gracie's axel technique wasn't too good. He said it was too straight on the takeoff edge. The axel definitely has gotten somewhat lower than what it used to be. I remember watching one of her old videos from 2010 or something and her double axel used to be high and beautiful... Now they're long and low and she barely steps up into it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed that too. The Eurosport commentators in Gracie's LP said that Frank has been working on her landing technique, so it might be attributed to that.

I also remember watching worlds last year, and I remember Kurt (or maybe Brian, whoever was commentating) saying that Gracie's axel technique wasn't too good. He said it was too straight on the takeoff edge. The axel definitely has gotten somewhat lower than what it used to be. I remember watching one of her old videos from 2010 or something and her double axel used to be high and beautiful... Now they're long and low and she barely steps up into it.
    Ah... so that's why. Uh oh... Hope that doesn't spell disaster. Well, I would think that Frank knows what he's doing. At least her 3-3 combo is still a beauty.

vCash
    2A can be a mental jump for skaters. So easy it becomes hard

vCash
    I think she is being packaged as another stepford wife. Americans enjoy this phony Disney packing, but internationally what the judges respond to are her jumps and spins. She should get a different choreographer who will allow her to express a better mix of her natural femininity and competitive mettle. Her programs are such that any fall looks like a comic disaster. She needs programs that allow her to make some slips and keep the overall look and image going. Gracie is not a brittle beauty queen with an "I skated my best" personality. She needs choreography and styling from somewhere else.
    Last edited by TheIronLady; 03-29-2014 at 08:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    I think she is being packaged as another stepford wife. Americans enjoy this phony Disney packing, but internationally what the judges respond to are her jumps and spins. She should get a different choreographer who will allow her to express a better mix of her natural femininity and competitive mettle. Her programs are such that any fall looks like a comic disaster. She needs programs that allow her to make some slips and keep the overall look and image going. Gracie is not a brittle beauty queen with an "I skated my best" personality. She needs choreography and styling from somewhere else.
    I agree -but maybe Frank/Lori did not have enough time this season.
    Hopefully Gracie's choreo will show some originality next season.

I don't think a "Barbie on skates" is going to beat the Russian girls anytime soon.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast