Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

The Gracie Gold Cheer Thread!

I just noticed Gracie does not have a cheear thread

How extraordinary for her to have reworked her presentation, steeled her nerves and put together such a great Nationals. She really skated and looked the part of a champion. An extraordinary athlete with *hang time* in her lutz, she is now a complete polished package too...just what the COP doctor ordered for US Figure Skating.

Gracie Frank Lori

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Her LP at US Nationals was the first time I ever truly began to appreciate her skating as a whole package. I agreed with Sandra that this was the first performance where she was really projecting emotion and really trying to feel each note of the music. The blue sparkly dress is a huge improvement over the dress she wore during the GP season. That light shade of pink is not this girl's color. She's more of a fierce character on the ice. She has made A LOT of progress very quickly. Her arms are not as distracting in this program, which help me to endure her better. She's such a lovely girl with big jumps and pretty spins. She still needs much better choreography and more maturity, but she is getting there. Congratulations on your Nationals gold, Miss Gold!

vCash
    She has to be thrown into the talk of the bronze contenders at the Games now.

vCash
    I'm really happy for her too, especially since we know she gets nervous and that has affected her performance a lot in the past. Battling nerves issues is really tough and some people never get there. This year's nationals was a pressure cooker because of the Olympics and she handled it really well.

vCash
    : I have so much respect for Gracie. She was just wonderful, elegant with amazing powerful jumps, and really looked confident in the long program. She looked so beautiful and elegant too. I loved the hair and the whole look. She obviously listened to Frank. He is such a genius!! WOW!! I am so amazed that he did so much with her in such a short time and I was a fan before she went to him. They seem to work well with each other. I hope she skates great at the Olympics!

vCash
    Her spins are so much better now, so fast with great positions. To me, she has it all.

vCash
    Her jumps were great. I think only Yuna may be better. I loved the hair and new costumes.

vCash
    She did a great job and put it out there when it counted.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash

I've been cheering her on since she burst onto the scene and I'm thrilled for her. I almost feel vindicated.

Completely deserved win and I hope she continues to grow under Frank's tutelage. She still has so much untapped potential IMO.

Gracie!!

vCash
    She was fantastic and she's got a bright career ahead of her I'm hoping this is the new norm rather than the inconsistency from before, Frank has done great things with her!

vCash
    I think she could become the dominant skater over the next quad. She is a better skater and talent than Julia L. and a better competitor (or probably will be with Frank) and much better coached with programs that actually live up to her potential and suit her than Sotnikova.

vCash
    Can we talk about Gracie's hair? The bun was fab, but the bleach job was just They need to soften the color considerably.

On another note, I think the ladiezzz controversy might be a blessing in disguise for Gracie. Certainly let's her fly a little under the radar a while longer.

vCash
    I'm not a fan per se of Miss Gold but I am not one who has a problem giving credit where credit is due.

She was great this weekend. I still hope she continues to work on feeling her music (as well as softening her arms) but overall, I enjoyed her. I thought her reactions to both of her programs were adorable. You can tell it really meant something to skate so well.

I admire her for pulling out two strong programs under pressure...I'm also impressed considering the jittery and nervous mess she'd been earlier in the season. Frank's mental lessons have really sunk in and it's paying off in a huge way. I'm happy she was able to earn her gold medal in such a convincing fashion. If she can skate like this in Sochi (including hitting that 3F she missed) she could place top 5 or even sneak in for a medal depending on how the favorites skate. I still think her odds are pretty long but it's not often that the person expected to win the Olympics actually wins the Olympics. We'll have to see.

vCash
    Cross-posting from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Hello guys, - I haven't followed skating since last year's Worlds due to a burping, farting, happy baby.

We had this "what happenend in the off season" thread a couple of years ago and now it would be really great for me to have it again.

What happenend?

Coaching changes?
    Retirements, splits, new pairs?
    Notable assignments to competitions?
    Dating rumours?
    Anything at all that might interest me and other people who lost track in the off season?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Gracie Gold . . . undertook four months of intensive study of musical interpretation with Jeffrey Buttle.

*snip*

And then I woke up.
    Sometimes, dreams do come true.

(Even though I somehow mistook Frank Carroll for Jeffrey Buttle. )

vCash
    Gracie is now queenly at only 18. I'm predicting top 5. Just hope the "big show and bright lights" (to quote Miss Wagner) of the Olympics dont mess with her head. Just keep doing what you're doing, young lady!

vCash
    Congrats to Gracie on her national title and well deserved trip to the Olympics!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    She has to be thrown into the talk of the bronze contenders at the Games now.
    Absolutely. One thing was clear to me at these Nationals - I think Gold has now replaced Wagner as our best hope for a medal. The only thing I worry about is her ability to handle the pressure...she has melted down on more than one occasion due to this...but she seems to be getting better at handling her nerves. She at least seems to have the preparation down pat - no distractions, etc....still, the Olympic pressure has claimed even some of the most steely of competitors.

If Gold can replicate those performances in Sochi, she has just as good a chance as the top contenders for a medal IMHO. I've said for a while that our best hopes for a medal would be a hypothetical 100% trained and ready Gracie Gold, and that was before she went to FC and things were still uncertain with her. And this Wagner/Nagasu controversy going on, that's ironically taken some of the attention away from what she did at Nationals - will that work in her favor in regards to increasing pressure to medal?

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Happy for Gracie ... great work by Frank.

vCash
    It's telling also that Frank wanted her to stay off Twitter and not read comments about her and just stick to preparing for Nationals. She even deleted Twitter off her phone. Girl was coming to Boston to win.

vCash
    Love Gracie!!! She looked fantastic on the TODAY show today. She's also skating in the next hour; first hour had an interview in studio.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast