Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Woke up this morning to Polina's family being interviewed live from Sochi on the NBC Bay Area affiliate. You can see she (and her siblings) gets her height from her dad.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/kntv/vide...E2%80%9D-skate

More Polina coverage:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...246173041.html

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/results/?k...polina&x=0&y=0

vCash
    She should be really proud of herself. A job very well done.

I was amazed by how much choreographic detail, in character of the music, there was in her FS. Just like in her SP. There is a very solid foundation in place and I hope her team develops and polished it further. Stronger posture and lines would be good to see for a start.

So much for everybody who criticised her selection on the grounds that she has 'no senior experience' and would most likely implode under the pressure.

vCash
    I predikted her for the Olympic Team long before Nationals. Speed, basics, & consistency never loses.

Depending on how the chips fall, she can medal at Worlds as soon as this year. Post Olympic Worlds Craziness Wheeeeee!!!!

vCash
    Beautiful job by Polina, she was simply a vision out there, can just imagine how much greater she'll get in the next quadrennial.

vCash
    This young lady has so much talent. What a pleasure to watch.

vCash
    The best thing about Polina is that she has the basics. Great speed, great jumps that are fully rotated, correct entrances into the jumps, ability to handle full choreography, and she has a solid ground to improve her arm movements, posture, and line. I have no doubt that she'll be paced correctly with the team that's behind her. I also love that she's going to put Marina Klimova on the map when it comes to singles skating. Like Ziggy, I saw a lot of nuances in her routine and I do find her carriage to have the potential to be quite balletic. She just needs more time to work on it.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    I simply cannot wait to witness the maturation of Polina Edmunds in the coming years. She has now become my favorite US lady and I love the rapport she has with her coach and how even tempered and consistent she is in competition. She is surprisingly mature for someone so young and I am liking her personality the most of the US ladies. I love her long balletic lines; now she needs to learn to finish and polish all of her movements to deliver the most beautiful pictures she is capable of. I loved how she incorporated a twizzle into her choreography and the fact she works with Marina Klimova also adds to her appeal. Plus, the more I see of her coach David Glenn, the more I adore him too. They are both so cute! GO POLINA!!!

vCash
    [QUOTE=Ziggy;4181618
    So much for everybody who criticised her selection on the grounds that she has 'no senior experience' and would most likely implode under the pressure. [/QUOTE]

I was one of those, and am currently chowing down on a large portion of crow. Polina did extremely well, and the wisdom of the USFS in sending her is now blindingly apparent. I thought she was held down some in PCS compared to ....well....other 15 year olds. But maybe at Worlds, her Top 10 finish here will give her a boost of "street credibility."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiejie View Post
    I was one of those, and am currently chowing down on a large portion of crow. Polina did extremely well, and the wisdom of the USFS in sending her is now blindingly apparent. I thought she was held down some in PCS compared to ....well....other 15 year olds. But maybe at Worlds, her Top 10 finish here will give her a boost of "street credibility."
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiejie View Post
    Her PCS have already miraculously increased overnight from 6.71-7.21 in the SP to 7.29-7.61 in the FS.

So yes, I hope that having a top ten Olympics finish under her belt (in very good style as well) will mean her GOE and PCS marks will become more in line with other top skaters at Worlds.

vCash
    Very , very impressed with Polina! I wish her continued success

vCash
    I am totally impressed with this girl!! Even with the fall, I was mesmerized by her LP.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I simply cannot wait to witness the maturation of Polina Edmunds in the coming years. She has now become my favorite US lady and I love the rapport she has with her coach and how even tempered and consistent she is in competition. She is surprisingly mature for someone so young and I am liking her personality the most of the US ladies. I love her long balletic lines; now she needs to learn to finish and polish all of her movements to deliver the most beautiful pictures she is capable of. I loved how she incorporated a twizzle into her choreography and the fact she works with Marina Klimova also adds to her appeal. Plus, the more I see of her coach David Glenn, the more I adore him too. They are both so cute! GO POLINA!!!
    I think she will be our new Kwan and her excellent jump technique will carry her through teenage growth which will be mostly filling out her frame.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash

Talking

[QUOTE=VIETgrlTerifa;4182071]The best thing about Polina is that she has the basics. Great speed, great jumps that are fully rotated, correct entrances into the jumps, ability to handle full choreography, and she has a solid ground to improve her arm movements, posture, and line. I have no doubt that she'll be paced correctly with the team that's behind her. QUOTE]

^THIS

vCash
    I truly enjoyed her SP. She was very good and I hope to see bigger and better things from her in the next four years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    She should be really proud of herself. A job very well done.

I was amazed by how much choreographic detail, in character of the music, there was in her FS. Just like in her SP. There is a very solid foundation in place and I hope her team develops and polished it further. Stronger posture and lines would be good to see for a start.

So much for everybody who criticised her selection on the grounds that she has 'no senior experience' and would most likely implode under the pressure.
    *Raises hand* I'm guilty of stating she should be sent to Jr. Worlds and Mirai should have been sent to Sochi. I'm glad no one listened to me.

Conversation I had with my partner the night of the Ladies LP: I wonder if she will eventually overtake Gracie ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    *Raises hand* I'm guilty of stating she should be sent to Jr. Worlds and Mirai should have been sent to Sochi. I'm glad no one listened to me.

Conversation I had with my partner the night of the Ladies LP: I wonder if she will eventually overtake Gracie ...
    IMHO Polina is already ahead of Gracie artistically - and I question whether Gracie will ever skate with the conviction Polina already showed in Sochi.
    I like authenticity which is why I like Mirai so much. Choreographed smiles will never replace special, authentic moments on the ice.

I think Polina is the real deal - she may have to adjust as she grows but I see great purpose and poise in this girl.
    And I think she was underscored in Sochi - which is not surprising, let alone fair - but that is the status quo in the strange sport of COP skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    IMHO Polina is already ahead of Gracie artistically - and I question whether Gracie will ever skate with the conviction Polina already showed in Sochi.
    I like authenticity which is why I like Mirai so much. Choreographed smiles will never replace special, authentic moments on the ice.

I think Polina is the real deal - she may have to adjust as she grows but I see great purpose and poise in this girl.
    And I think she was underscored in Sochi - which is not surprising, let alone fair - but that is the status quo in the strange sport of COP skating.
    I don't think she will grow much taller but she will fill out

vCash
    She has already had a big growth spurt and managed to survive it and I hope the worst is behind her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I think it's absolutely possible. To me she's already a much better/more natural performer and artist and can connect with the audience. I was really impressed by Polina's big improvement in expression in her LP from nationals to the Olympics.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast