Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I'm sure it was. It is always the athlete's choice. I just wonder why she chose not to come.
    I don't know, does the Fed. pay for multiple flights, hotels, etc. ? If not, maybe it's a matter of finances? (Also, she attends a brick and mortar high school full-time.)

vCash
    Well, that's what I said about flights, maybe fed only pays once. She'd be able to stay in the village, so hotel is moot except if her parents also come (fed does not pay for them).

I doubt it is school since she is supposedly in Europe.

vCash
    Polina didn't take part in the opening ceremonies? Why would she pass up a once in a lifetime event like that? It's not like she's a favorite to medal plus Gracie took time from her training to walk in the ceremony and she had ti compete 2 days later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Polina didn't take part in the opening ceremonies? Why would she pass up a once in a lifetime event like that? It's not like she's a favorite to medal plus Gracie took time from her training to walk in the ceremony and she had ti compete 2 days later.
    Well, perhaps it is a financial issue, as we have been discussing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    Well, perhaps it is a financial issue, as we have been discussing.
    According to this, her dad is CFO at Inphi - I just looked at the company's executive compensation disclosures here, and he seems to be doing pretty well. He even used his miles to upgrade her flight to first-class, so if he really wanted to fly her to Sochi for the opening ceremonies and back to Munich, I think he could have done it. It just seems like Polina and/or her mother wasn't interested.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    According to this, her dad is CFO at Inphi - I just looked at the company's executive compensation disclosures here, and he seems to be doing pretty well. He even used his miles to upgrade her flight to first-class, so if he really wanted to fly her to Sochi for the opening ceremonies and back to Munich, I think he could have done it. It just seems like Polina and/or her mother wasn't interested.
    Yeah, the Edmunds family is not in any way lacking for funds. Her mother Nina is pretty intense and I imagine wants her to stay in Munich and train train train, so as to not be distracted by the Olympic media just yet.

vCash
    I'm sure it was. It is always the athlete's choice. I just wonder why she chose not to come.
    Because unlike worn out Gracie Gold who is putting all of her efforts and energy into homosexual revolution instead of her practices, Polina Edmunds is in Sochi to compete and not to engage in political propaganda.

Or well, actually in Munich where she's laying low and training hard in peace and quiet. The Ladies are competing at the end of the Olympics and USFS didn't pick her for the team event so no need for her to travel to Sochi just yet.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Ziggy;4153621, actually in Munich where she's laying low and training hard in peace and quiet. The Ladies are competing at the end of the Olympics and USFS didn't pick her for the team event so no need for her to travel to Sochi just yet.[/QUOTE]

This is probably it in a nutshell. Go Polina!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Because unlike worn out Gracie Gold who is putting all of her efforts and energy into homosexual revolution instead of her practices, Polina Edmunds is in Sochi to compete and not to engage in political propaganda.
    I think you are meaning to insult Wagner, not Gold.

I didn't realize the opening ceremonies were political propaganda. Many skaters go to the ceremonies and then leave the next day to go back to train wherever they are locating themselves. It just seems like a surprising thing to miss. Oh well, I'm sure she had her reasons.

vCash
    Not to be outdone by Gracie Gold's red lipstick with side-eye on the podium or Ashley Wagner's "bullsh*t" face in the team Short Program, Polina Edmunds makes the Onion:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/oly...view:1:Default
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Yeah I did notice Polina was missing when I was with the athletes. Only saw Gracie, Jeremy, and Maia actually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    This is meant to be sarcastic, right? If so, well done. If not, there is so very much wrong here...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadChemist View Post
    This is meant to be sarcastic, right?
    Yes, the Onion is a satire magazine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Yeah I did notice Polina was missing when I was with the athletes. Only saw Gracie, Jeremy, and Maia actually.
    Alex, Jason (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bf_vF_AIQAA0bJo.jpg), Felicia, and Nathan (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bf5CpnRCMAA_6_W.png:large) were there too.

Ashley skipped. I don't know what M/C did officially. I saw them dressed up in the outfits, but don't know if they went to the ceremony. Not sure about C/S, I think they skipped it too. They all had a competition the next day.

vCash
    I think you are meaning to insult Wagner, not Gold.
    It was obviously a joke... I even put a '' smiley at the end of the sentence in case it wasn't clear enough.

(And yes, of course I meant Wagner)

vCash
    Come on Ziggy. You know you have to use the sarcasm tag.

[sarcasm]
    Julia and Plushy absolutely deserved the PCS they received in the team event. [/sarcasm]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Not to be outdone by Gracie Gold's red lipstick with side-eye on the podium or Ashley Wagner's "bullsh*t" face in the team Short Program, Polina Edmunds makes the Onion:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/oly...view:1:Default

vCash
    I don't understand the point of Polina taking three weeks off school so she can train in Germany and Austria. She might as well trained from home (and continued to attend classes) until maybe a week before the competition, then moved camp to Graz (adjust to time zone, etc.), and then flown into Sochi 1-2 days before the ladies short program. All so she can finish 6-10 in the ladies event.

ETA: Actually, I just had another thought on why train in Germany and Austria instead of continue to train in Cali. Maybe the USFS might have wanted her close by in case she was ultimately needed for the team event. It also allowed her to interact more with the other Olympic teammates, since the US ladies all met up and continued to train in Graz for a bit. Anyway, hope their strategy is successful and Polina skates well.
    Last edited by Cheylana; 02-15-2014 at 07:53 PM. Reason: More deep thoughts (donated by Jack Handey, of course, lol)
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    I don't understand the point of Polina taking three weeks off school so she can train in German and Austria. She might as well trained from home (and continued to attend classes) until maybe a week before the competition, then moved camp to Graz (adjust to time zone, etc.), and then flown into Sochi 1-2 days before the ladies short program. All so she can finish 6-10 in the ladies event.
    Yeah and i don't understand her not attending the opening ceremonies either. That's a once in a lifetime thing you don't want to miss. It's not like she was skating in the team competition.

vCash
    Yeah and i don't understand her not attending the opening ceremonies either. That's a once in a lifetime thing you don't want to miss. It's not like she was skating in the team competition.
    Why do you keep bringing this up? Are you worried she might shake up things a bit?!

Plus, this is a Polina cheer thread.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast