Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hiding Johnny's Birkins
    vCash
    Her high school, Archbishop Mitty in San Jose, threw her a Congratulations, Olympian! party on Tuesday that made the local news yesterday morning. Despite the attention from the student body, she interviews very modestly and age-appropriately. She appears to be very grounded in all aspects of her life.

I wish her the best in Sochi.
    THANK YOU Aliona and Robin, Dai, Mao, Carolina, Akiko, all the skaters who retired after the Olympics, and yes, even you Jeremy)!

vCash
    Nice article posted on USFS fb site that was written last year on Polina.

http://www.usfsa.org/content/EdmundsFeature.pdf

vCash
    Awesome to see she is still going to regular school!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Awesome to see she is still going to regular school!
    !!!!Kudos to her! Makes it twice as hard to train while attending a brick and mortar school!!!!!Polina for gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Polina Edmunds Could Be Sochi Surprise: http://www.teamusa.org/Road-to-Sochi...Sochi-Surprise

Bay Area Teen Figure Skater Focused, Ready for Sochi Winter Olympics - NBC Bay Area TV news story (Polina is interviewed, along with her mother, Glynn, and Klimova, plus there's practice footage of her from 4 years ago): http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...240200221.html
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    A couple of Qs about the youngest member of the USA figure skating team:

1. Can Polina realistically earn a 'top 10' spot in Sochi?

2. What, if any, will be the impact of Polina's Russian heritage on Russian skating audiences? Help her? Hurt her? No impact?
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    1. Yeah sure, maybe top 7.
    2. I think they will be in tears before she skates. It will deeply impact them and make them want to invite her over for a Russian heritage meal as a reward for her heritage. I feel that Leprechauns impact the audiences of the Irish no matter where they go in the world. They are like look at that guy, he's probably Irish, he made an impact on me.

Are the Olympics here yet?
    Last edited by Karpenko; 01-22-2014 at 12:23 PM.

vCash
    I hope you're right, Karpenko!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Does Polina have any siblings?

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Mitty, Polina's HS, held a rally for her today, with Brandi Chastain and Kerri Walsh among the speakers.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/...n-dream/nc8cS/

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I've loved Polina for years. She's one of the skaters who will make it through the next couple of years just fine because she's got good basic technique. I think the next quad is going to be so exciting for fans of ladies skating with the wealth of young Russian skaters and Polina and Gracie. Most of the time I'm sad when a quad ends because you sort of have to start over, but not this time. I'm really looking forward to watching which of these young women will reach the top. I think it is very possible for Polina to be top 10 at Sochi.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    If she's near clean, she should place somewhere near the podium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by demetriosj View Post
    Does Polina have any siblings?
    She has two brothers, one older and one younger. The oldest plays hockey at Tilton in New Hampshire.

Quadless
    vCash
    What made me fall for Polina was watching her feet and seeing her wonderful and precise edges. I suppose with Klimova as a coach I shouldn't be surprised, but it's Polina's skating skills that impress me the most. She gets wonderful lift on her jumps and she's a good spinner, but it's the way she works her blade on the ice that is really impressive to me.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    I don't think Klimova really coaches Polina much, she just choreographed the programs. Polina's mom Nina and David Glynn are her two main coaches. For a while last season she was taking a lesson from Frank Carroll on Sundays, but I don't think that is still happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    Mitty, Polina's HS, held a rally for her today, with Brandi Chastain and Kerri Walsh among the speakers.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/...n-dream/nc8cS/
    Does she have an agent?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I don't think Klimova really coaches Polina much, she just choreographed the programs. Polina's mom Nina and David Glynn are her two main coaches. For a while last season she was taking a lesson from Frank Carroll on Sundays, but I don't think that is still happening.
    Thanks for that detail. Well at least one of her coaches has done a great job with her basic skating skills.

Anyone know who will be accompanying her to Sochi as her official coach? I think they're limited to one - can anyone confirm?
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Does she have an agent?
    Tara Modlin

Quadless
    vCash
    God help her.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast